Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Need more goals to stay up

Stating the bleedin'' obvious to a certain extent: if we can perform as we did against Leicester AND find that scoring touch, we will be fine. Easier said than done. We are generating chances, just need to converting them. Confidence problem perhaps?

After the Leicester game I was walking back to my car, an old-boy Leicester fan came up to me and congratulated us on our performance: "you were very unlucky, you are the best team to play here against us this season."

Last time I heard that? Away vs Inter Milan!

Keep the faith

It''s not obvious and in fact it''s wrong. Seven teams have scored fewer goals while nobody has conceded more.

To stay up we need to concede fewer goals.

[quote user="ricardo"]It''s not obvious and in fact it''s wrong. Seven teams have scored fewer goals while nobody has conceded more.

To stay up we need to concede fewer goals.[/quote]So Hughton was right all along?*Nods head and rubs chin*

Morty started a song here I do believe.....

Nods head and rubs chin

Has a little mischief

One off the wrist

wifes not in, this one might win

On the ball..............................

Oh I don''t know, these couple of hours before a night game are murder.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Morty started a song here I do believe.....

Nods head and rubs chin

Has a little mischief

One off the wrist

wifes not in, this one might win

On the ball..............................

Oh I don''t know, these couple of hours before a night game are murder.[/quote]Random[:D]

We haven''t scored in 4 of the last 7 games. Two of those games have been against Villa and Bournemouth. It''s rather naive to suggest goal scoring isn''t an issue.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We haven''t scored in 4 of the last 7 games. Two of those games have been against Villa and Bournemouth. It''s rather naive to suggest goal scoring isn''t an issue.[/quote]
We haven''t kept a clean sheet in many of those same games either. It''s rather naive to suggest preventing goals isn''t an issue.

If we (Jerome) could finish we would have easily have won tonight.

Feel sorry for the guy, confidence must be shattered. He works so hard but just isn''t happening

If we hadn''t conceded in the first 40 secs we would''ve drawn tonight against Chelsea. And if the lino (who I was right in line with) didn''t make the obvious mistake we would''ve won the game.

As others have said, yes scoring is a problem ut conceding is a much bigger one.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]If we hadn''t conceded in the first 40 secs we would''ve drawn tonight against Chelsea. And if the lino (who I was right in line with) didn''t make the obvious mistake we would''ve won the game.

As others have said, yes scoring is a problem ut conceding is a much bigger one.[/quote]Dont be silly , if Chelsea had not scored in 40 seconds they would have kept pressing untill they did , the fact they were 2-0 up allowed them to stroll the 2nd half letting us have a bit more possession . They could of upped it another 2 or 3 gears if they had to , they didnt . We will see Saturday how improved we are against a team desperate for a win , Swansea will see us as an easy three points and we very rarely disappoint .

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We haven''t scored in 4 of the last 7 games. Two of those games have been against Villa and Bournemouth. It''s rather naive to suggest goal scoring isn''t an issue.[/quote]
We haven''t kept a clean sheet in many of those same games either. It''s rather naive to suggest preventing goals isn''t an issue.
[/quote]

Who has said preventing goals isn''t an issue?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][Who has said preventing goals isn''t an issue?[/quote]
I was being deliberately facetious. As Borbyn described so succinctly above; the issue is at neither one end nor the other. It''s the ratio between the two. Our season isn''t defined by the number of goals scored over a selected run of results as if the ones we did score before and since don''t count. Had we still failed to score in those four games but kept four clean sheets we would currently be above Sunderland and Swansea at 16th in the table and things looking a little more hopeful.

The players and coaches we have at the club it will be very difficult to tighten up the defense for the remaining part of this season. If we play 2 up front we will score more goals and in some of those games by so doing we will win. We do have players that could do that. The way we are going is not likely to bring many points at all

Agree with Yorkshire canary. Try as we might, we will leak goals. Therefore we simply have to score at least two goals to win a game.

I almost typed "we need to score more goals than the opposition" but I was worried that I might end up being head-hunted by some large management consulting organisations with that sort of visionary statement ;-)

If we conceded less goals the best we could hope for is a 0-0 draw.

We need to score more goals!