Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Swansea's luck tonight

Wow. Arsenal hit the woodwork 3 times, the first of which bounced off the inside off the post, right into Fabianski''s arms.

Also, a clear foul by Jordi Amat in the lead up to Swansea''s first goal. Incredible luck. Hopefully evens out a bit Saturday and we FINALLY get something go our way. Especially after last night.

It doesn''t get any lower when fans start to resort to good fortune to pick up points in a football match. How about the lads just score some goals on Saturday, and hope we concede less than we score.

Losing 7 out of the last 8 games isn''t unlucky. It''s not about luck over the course of a 38 game season. As it stands, we''re going down. I see little to suggest that this will change.

You make your own luck.

Teams with a killer edge have more luck. We don''t encourage luck and haven''t has a killer edge all year.

We certainly had a lot more luck with with passion of Bradley Johnson in the heart of out team.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Johnson has struggled in a struggling (for their standards) Derby side this season. Selling him was good business.[/quote]*Amazing business.

Looking back I think he still would''ve been a very useful player, however we did get good money for him.

The reason why he''s had a very average season at Derby is the same reason for his average seasons here; they play him in the middle, not the left.

Although we''ve certainly upgraded with Brady, the fact that we''ve played Brady at LB instead of LM means for me that overall it was not the best piece of business to let our POTS go as it would''ve been interesting to see if Brady at LB and Johnson at LM would work...or at least wait until January to sell him.

If we had played Johnson in the middle last season he would''ve been just as bad there as we''ve previously seen.

I take your point but honestly think we were best selling him, especially when offered £7m for a player with limited ability. We''ve had the best of him too. All round right decision, and like you said, we''ve upgraded.

I think it''s perhaps because we didn''t invest enough to why I think it was the wrong decision. As a deal on it''s own its a good one, but the replacement was Matt Jarvis, imo he''s not someone that you really want in a relegation battle imo; yes we made a profit of about £3.5m but who cares about that really. So I can understand why the club did it, but I''m not sure it was the right decision due to the lack of a incomings.

Jarvis started well but tailed off since injury. I think our problems have been obvious for all to see. We have signed players six months too late. We knew Jerome wouldn''t score the goals we needed but persisted with him. Plus we leak goals like nobodies business.

We are where we deserve to be. From here, I guess it''s all about how much we want it.

Are we back to wishing we were Swansea again? Because I thought we had moved on and wished we were Bournemouth?

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Desperate thread. We''re not going down due to bad luck, or the luck of others. We''re going down ''cos we''re s**t.
[/quote]

You''re worse as a poster than Keith Scott was as a player.  And that''s saying something.

It''s not bad luck when your defenders make as many mistakes as our rabble. Back 4 again Saturday and 2 up front at last.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Desperate thread. We''re not going down due to bad luck, or the luck of others. We''re going down ''cos we''re s**t.[/quote]

You''re worse as a poster than Keith Scott was as a player.  And that''s saying something.

[/quote][:D]

We''re going down because we''re rubbish AND we''ve had some poor decisions go against us that haven''t evened out. Several penalties that we should have had, at least one against us that was a dive, the Jerome goal at the start of the season and the offside last night. Can anyone think of any lucky goals that may have evened those out?

Nope. And interesting to think that if CamJam''s goal had been allowed, he would have genuinely been a goal of the season contender. They''d probably disallow his entry though...

Swansea''s second goal was offside too. So neither of their goals should have stood. Neither should have Chelsea''s winner on Tuesday. Crucial luck and dreadful officiating decisions make such a difference when the margins are so very small. Hopefully we will get just a slice of luck on Saturday, finally.