Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

2nd in the Premiership !

If only the passion on the pitch met the passion of us fans!

[quote user="AJ"]If only the passion on the pitch met the passion of us fans![/quote]Jeez, any real need to put a negative spin on something that is essentially good news?

That''s a bit of a topsy turvy way of assessing things though.

If we had a 40, 000 capacity stadium,where would we be on that list?

Bournemouth fans (or lack of them) don''t seem to deserve their current status.

On the other hand these findings suggest that we could do with a bit more capacity.

But if you look at Bournemouth they are in 12th in this table but have 97.55% attendance which translates into an actual non-attendance average of 281 per match.  Hardly masses of empty seats.

At the top end of the table, I''d say it basically translates into how good a buy-back scheme a club operates.

More interesting are the clubs lower down who don''t have big grounds but still can''t sell out by some margin.  E.g. WBA capacity is less than ours and on average they have a couple of thousand seats empty, or Palace are similar.  Which is poor for clubs in the Prem.

This is just ''which clubs have ground that are too small/large compared to ticket demand''. West Ham are moving stadium next season. Your move McNally.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="AJ"]If only the passion on the pitch met the passion of us fans![/quote]Jeez, any real need to put a negative spin on something that is essentially good news?[/quote]

Morty, I''ve been posting here for years and certainly am not much of a doom monger. That was firmly tongue in cheek!

Location Location Location

Do you think were we in the Manchester - London- Midlands we would be selling out weekly

Nearest League football teams 40 plus miles away then its London or Peterborough

[quote user="daly"]Location Location Location Do you think were we in the Manchester - London- Midlands we would be selling out weekly Nearest League football teams 40 plus miles away then its London or Peterborough[/quote]

But we do sell out, and did last season in the Championship, unlike a team down the A140 that I suspect you''re more familiar with...

You are an idiot What is it about the fact than if someone posts a remark Ipswich is always brought into the subject. I have been supporting for over 70 years man and boy.

Can you say the same

You are an idiot What is it about the fact than if someone posts a remark Ipswich is always brought into the subject. I have been supporting for over 70 years man and boy.

Can you say the same

[quote user="daly"]You are an idiot What is it about the fact than if someone posts a remark Ipswich is always brought into the subject. I have been supporting for over 70 years man and boy.

Can you say the same[/quote]There''s a lot of this going on.

[quote user="daly"]You are an idiot What is it about the fact than if someone posts a remark Ipswich is always brought into the subject. I have been supporting for over 70 years man and boy.

Can you say the same[/quote]I had you firmly pinned down as being a pouty teenager.Funny old world.

Can you say the same[/quote]

70yrs is irrelevant daly unless you tell us how big your telly has been for all those years!

Seriously though, the information given is flawed if they don''t take into account how many seats are lost to segregation.

Not sure how accurate these figures are though - I can''t believe Bournemouth don''t sell out their tiny ground for premier league football, they really should be ashamed of themselves if not.