Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Amazon firestick with kodi

Quite comical reading posts from bloggers who have called everyone Plastic or Ipswich supporters when they post something contrary to anyone else,

Yet they would rather watch a game on a TV screen rather than pay for the privilege of going to the match

Soon be able to turn all the grounds in housing developments for the immigrants

Lol Robert, confused????.....much??

Yea I have tested Modbro on my tablet, works great for streaming, one drawback is there isn''t an on demand facility for movies or TV yet but guess that will come.

The sports section lists loads of sports channels so you would have to know which channels to watch. This Saturdays game is on TSN1 so will watch it on there!

To find out which channels are showing which games I use

http://liveonsat.com/quickindex.html

List all the games with channels showing them.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]The Ghost, How crazy is that!! You watched via Modbro? What a performance from England there! Last 10 overseas of NZ innings is where we won that! How awesome were Roy and Butler batting?[/quote]I did.Sky Go on Android has always been dreadful. When it first came out, they only supported select Samsung tablets. It''s taken them forever to develop anything reasonable. For a long time, all the menu''s only worked in portrait, and the video quality was bad and glitchy. It has got better over time, but there is still an ongoing issue that the video just stops and it goes back to the menu at random. No such issue with Modbro. Thanks for the tip.England put in a good performance. I certainly didn''t tip them to win that game. I think the tournament will come down Gayle v India & England. I''m not sure how England will cope if they get Gayled again like in the group stage again - should the West Indies win v India tomorrow. It''s going to be good to watch.With my ethnicity though, watching England v New Zealand in a semi-final was hard work!! At least the women managed to win [;)]I''d like to see West Indies win it. I was a massive fan of their cricket growing up, and I''d love to see them to be relevant again, even if it''s only in one form of the game.[quote user="OldRobert"]So let me get this straight.Ghost, you watched T20 via Modbro on your tablet with great success.Ron you haven''t tried Modbro on your tablet yet.I''ll load up Modbro on my PC and see what I get.  I''ve got a Nexus 7 tablet as well so I might stick it on there too![/quote]Correct. I have not done anything on PC.

The Ghost, I really think England can win it now, that was a major confidence boost to outplay NZ like that, I hope we play the Windies though as a home crowd in the final could make all the difference.

Sparticus, you''re welcome. First time I had seen it today, as you say, game changer. Think this will be the first of many such apps, the internet is the way forward for TV and I think they will only get better.

OTBC

Ron, I downloaded Kodi Beast onto my PC a few months ago brilliant! Since then it''s got progressively worse, calling out log errors (which I can''t find an access path for), varios other errors or simply not connecting. Youtube was the first to go. Tonight I can''t get anything at all.

I tried to download Beast build 1.6 Kodi, but I came across a problem which keeps flumoxing me; the tabs on my system folder are not the same as the ones shown on chris b''s video, & I just can''t seem to access the final stage (even getting through the previous ones involved a lot of guesswork).

Would I be better off uninstalling the damn thing & trying this new Modbro thingy? (I don''t have apps on my windows 7 PC incidentally,is this a problem?)

Yours confusedly

ron

Ron, the beast is an ever evolving being, I think it has just been updated again. If I were you I would indeed remove all trace of Lodi and then re-install it. If you use Ares wizard and you still have problems try a direct download from spartanpixel.

As for Modbro, install it anyway, it only takes up the space of an app but looking through it today it makes watching overseas channels a breeze. Really impressed with its sports capabilities but Nome of the movies or TV shows are on demand so that let''s it down somewhat.

Hope this helps.

Also the beast has issues with Kodi 16.0 Jarvis so use 15.2 isenguard.

Sorry Ron I should read a post more thoroughly than merely skim it. You will need to download software on a windows PC for Modbro to work. Go onto YouTube as there is a tutorial as to how to make Modbro work on windows pcs. Just search for modbro on windows to find it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Ron, I downloaded Kodi Beast onto my PC a few months ago brilliant! Since then it''s got progressively worse, calling out log errors (which I can''t find an access path for), varios other errors or simply not connecting. Youtube was the first to go. Tonight I can''t get anything at all.

I tried to download Beast build 1.6 Kodi, but I came across a problem which keeps flumoxing me; the tabs on my system folder are not the same as the ones shown on chris b''s video, & I just can''t seem to access the final stage (even getting through the previous ones involved a lot of guesswork).

Would I be better off uninstalling the damn thing & trying this new Modbro thingy? (I don''t have apps on my windows 7 PC incidentally,is this a problem?)

Yours confusedly

ron[/quote]Just to add to other Ron''s info - if you run The Beast, then you should have Ares Wizard in your apps menu. You should be able to use Ares Wizard -> More -> Erase all data / Fresh Start, which will remove the current build, but leave Ares Wizard making it easier to load different builds and /or add ons once you restart Kodi.When you do reload Kodi, you''ll have the basic Kodi back with no build, but will still have Ares Wizard in the Apps menu.I had similar issues with The Beast 1.6. I don''t know if this Chris B guy is still maintaining it.If you''re like me and are only interested in live sport, then I''d suggest not worrying about a build, and just loading key add ons, of which according to Ron the best and only one you''ll need is NJM Soccer. You can just load this from the Browse Add Ons menu in Ares Wizard. All the good ones are there, like Pheonix, Operation Robocop, etc.However, if you''re also interested in Movies and other sorts, then maybe play around with some of the other builds that are in the Browse Builds menu. If you don''t like one, it''s easy with Ares Wizard just to do a Fresh Start again, and then try another.Hope this helps.

Right chaps back again!Have loaded up on PC complete with Nox software (which is hooge incidently) followed by Modbro...........to be confronted by ''Sorry Modbro has stopped'' on every damn channel I''ve tried!  Will now drive to Cromer and hurl myself off cliff.[;)]

Lol Robert, you are having fun! OK, try a different Android emulator. Below is a link to a list of the best free ones.

http://techapple.net/2014/12/top-7-free-android-emulators-windows-788-110-pccomputer-run-android-appsgames-windows-78-110/

Am running a bit blind here OR as I don''t have a PC to check these out for you. My best suggestion is to keep playing around with the emulators to see which one will work.

PM me if you want more help, will gladly try.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Right chaps back again!Have loaded up on PC complete with Nox software (which is hooge incidently) followed by Modbro...........to be confronted by ''Sorry Modbro has stopped'' on every damn channel I''ve tried!  Will now drive to Cromer and hurl myself off cliff.[;)][/quote]Sorry mate, can''t help you there.... other than to say "Don''t do it!"

[quote user="OldRobert"]But working on tablet![:D][/quote]

One out of two ain''t bad!!😂

Duos emulator, Mobdro sitting on top, and eureka.  Mind you I tried three other emulators before I found one that would work.  Duos isn''t free after 30 days, but I''ll make up my mind then, 15€ i think it is.  Thanks for all your help chaps.  All I''ve got to do now is get back up this cliff before Saturday!

I''m sure you can find an app to help you back up OR!!

This sounds like immense faff, I''ll just stick to radio Norfolk when I can''t get to games.

[quote user="morty"]This sounds like immense faff, I''ll just stick to radio Norfolk when I can''t get to games.[/quote]Kodi was an immense faff for me Morty ''cos it wouldn''t work. Mobdro is a doddle on phone or tablet, bit more of a faff on PC I''ll give you, as it''s designed for android.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]This sounds like immense faff, I''ll just stick to radio Norfolk when I can''t get to games.[/quote]Kodi was an immense faff for me Morty ''cos it wouldn''t work. Mobdro is a doddle on phone or tablet, bit more of a faff on PC I''ll give you, as it''s designed for android. [/quote]Would it not have been easier ( although more expensive obviously) to just buy an M8 Android box, or the firestick? I admire your tenacity though lol.

Morty, if you have a tablet running on android this is by far the easiest method and at no extra cost.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, if you have a tablet running on android this is by far the easiest method and at no extra cost.[/quote]Oh I understand if people are on a budget, but I find all of it a compromise in one way or another.I bought an M8 box for my spare room telly, for two reasons, firstly I don''t get decent normal TV reception where I am, and secondly to trial the thing, with the view to replacing my Sky box downstairs in the lounge. And while its good, its just not Sky, I haven''t found streams that are anywhere near HD ( Which I have to admit I''m a bit of a snob about).But I understand that people see  it as a way of seeing games, when they would otherwise have no other way of seeing them, and I maybe don''t place as much importance on it, as if I''m home, I''m at the game.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]This sounds like immense faff, I''ll just stick to radio Norfolk when I can''t get to games.[/quote]Kodi was an immense faff for me Morty ''cos it wouldn''t work. Mobdro is a doddle on phone or tablet, bit more of a faff on PC I''ll give you, as it''s designed for android. [/quote]Would it not have been easier ( although more expensive obviously) to just buy an M8 Android box, or the firestick? I admire your tenacity though lol.[/quote]Agreed Morty, but you know what it''s like after a while it becomes a bit of a challenge. lol

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, if you have a tablet running on android this is by far the easiest method and at no extra cost.[/quote]

I''m running on tablets if that''s any use to anyone....

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]This sounds like immense faff, I''ll just stick to radio Norfolk when I can''t get to games.[/quote]Kodi was an immense faff for me Morty ''cos it wouldn''t work. Mobdro is a doddle on phone or tablet, bit more of a faff on PC I''ll give you, as it''s designed for android. [/quote]Would it not have been easier ( although more expensive obviously) to just buy an M8 Android box, or the firestick? I admire your tenacity though lol.[/quote]Agreed Morty, but you know what it''s like after a while it becomes a bit of a challenge. lol[/quote]Hearing you Bob[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, if you have a tablet running on android this is by far the easiest method and at no extra cost.[/quote]

I''m running on tablets if that''s any use to anyone....

[/quote]I thought I was the only one.................[;)]