Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Amazon firestick with kodi

You should only have to allow the download from unknown sources once. Unwise to turn anything off more often than that.

Btw I pay for Sky Sports and BT but still can''t watch Norwich live each week and would not be able to pay for a non-existent option.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]OK guys, ready to be called a plastic and all similar insults!😁!

I have invested a lot of time with Kodi, in so much as experimenting the best ways of watching films and ALL of City''s games this season. I have seen a fair few people have invested in Android boxes but after experimenting with Kodi using both a tablet and PC there really isn''t any need of buying an Android box......[/quote]Thanks for this post Ron. Very helpful!I played around with football streams on XBMC / Kodi after I jail-broke an old Apple TV a few years back. But I just found being able to find decent streams so hit and miss, you''d spend most of the first half trying to find something watchable. I reverted back to the PC.Thanks to your post, I''ve installed Ares Wizard. I think now I''ll have better luck finding content. However, just to let you know I went and installed The Beast build last night, and the latest build (1.6) appears to have the Live Sport and 3PM menu add ons removed, which is a little annoying. However, all the add ons you mention in your post are able to be installed from the Add Ons menu in Ares Wizard.You''ve inspired me to take another go for the next away game. Just one question - how do you cast to the Chromecast? Do you just use the whole screen cast, or is there a specific way to cast the video from Kodi I don''t know about?

I have to admit to having no success with Kodi at all.  What I''m doing wrong I have no idea.  I have the Beast installed.  Running version 15.2.  having read this thread I thought I''d give it another go yesterday pm.  Everytime I clicked on asomething I got "working" and that was it.  Nothing even on SSN channel, TV currently showing absolutelu nothing showing anywhere.  Appreciate there wasn''t much sport yesterday which is why I didn''t restrict my attempts to the sports channels.  Basically got bog all!  Anybody with any ideas I''d be grateful.  Maybe my pooter ain''t up to it.

TGOMT, I have to cast the tablets screen, I am led to believe that to cast the streams direct using chromecast is not possible due to the streaming language, M8U8, I think.

Old Robert, try going to Systems, then onto video, change the level to advanced. Then click on acceleration and turn off the two ''media codec'' options. This might help, let me know.

Sky just informed me they are putting my subscription up nearly a fiver a month. Already have an M8 box in my spare room, time to buy a firestick for my main telly methinks...

I reduced my Sky to the basic package about a year ago, still manage to watch all the sports & films that I was supposed to be losing.

No surprise costs are going up with the increased football and FI fees paid by sky - they only ever recover it from the poor punters.

it does take a little to set up but the youtube tutorials are just about idiot proof.

The quoted football links are far more robust than when I started.

There are also some paid services (eg sports devil and occultum) which provide a reliable sky/bt/virgin sport/entertainment equivalent packages for a fraction of the cost (i think occultums was <£15 pm) if you want a simpler one set up approach. The only thing you dont get is skyplus/tivo recordability.

[quote user="morty"]Sky just informed me they are putting my subscription up nearly a fiver a month. Already have an M8 box in my spare room, time to buy a firestick for my main telly methinks...[/quote]Yeah, I got something similar.I''m surprised at this. ''Non-legit'' solutions aside, it is a time when they are facing increased competition from streaming services like Netflix & Amazon Prime. Plus they''re losing sports content to BT Sport (e.g. Champions / Europa League & the next Ashes series).I would have expected them to be cutting prices, not the other way around.However in my experience, if you ever ring up and explain that you''re looking to leave, Sky are quite willing to discount things to convince you to stay. I think my last call yielded a £20 per month reduction for 12 months....

Mort and Clitoris, maybe you should fork out the extra five pounds and watch things legally - what''s that, about eight bucks? Typical limey attitude, take what you can for free and then moan about companies putting the prices up. We didn''t give you the free market just so''s you could cry and whine about it.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Good to see you again Waveney. Best of luck trolling another thread.All the best,Clitoris.xxp.s. So glad you found me. A first time for everything, eh?[/quote]
Not Waveney, but Houston I suspect.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Good to see you again Waveney. Best of luck trolling another thread.All the best,Clitoris.xxp.s. So glad you found me. A first time for everything, eh?[/quote]
Not Waveney, but Houston I suspect.
[/quote]I think a it''s classic Waveney persona, with this, the 2nd post after creating the account around the same time as a bank of them way-back-when.I might be wrong, but either way it''s a very poor trolling attempt.

[quote user="Galveston Canary"]Mort and Clitoris, maybe you should fork out the extra five pounds and watch things legally - what''s that, about eight bucks? Typical limey attitude, take what you can for free and then moan about companies putting the prices up. We didn''t give you the free market just so''s you could cry and whine about it.[/quote]

Sky only have themselves to blame, they are offering less content for more money, why would I want to pay for that?

[quote user="OldRobert"]I have to admit to having no success with Kodi at all.  What I''m doing wrong I have no idea.  I have the Beast installed.  Running version 15.2.  having read this thread I thought I''d give it another go yesterday pm.  Everytime I clicked on asomething I got "working" and that was it.  Nothing even on SSN channel, TV currently showing absolutelu nothing showing anywhere.  Appreciate there wasn''t much sport yesterday which is why I didn''t restrict my attempts to the sports channels.  Basically got bog all!  Anybody with any ideas I''d be grateful.  Maybe my pooter ain''t up to it.[/quote]I installed Kodi on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago and got exactly the same thing OR. It was suggested that my ISP could be blocking traffic and I might be able to configure a proxy server to get around it, but I haven''t got around to trying it again. I use Sky Broadband, presumably if they were preventing Kodi working there would be many more people having issues.If I get it fixed I''ll let you know Robert.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="OldRobert"]I have to admit to having no success with Kodi at all.  What I''m doing wrong I have no idea.  I have the Beast installed.  Running version 15.2.  having read this thread I thought I''d give it another go yesterday pm.  Everytime I clicked on asomething I got "working" and that was it.  Nothing even on SSN channel, TV currently showing absolutelu nothing showing anywhere.  Appreciate there wasn''t much sport yesterday which is why I didn''t restrict my attempts to the sports channels.  Basically got bog all!  Anybody with any ideas I''d be grateful.  Maybe my pooter ain''t up to it.[/quote]I installed Kodi on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago and got exactly the same thing OR. It was suggested that my ISP could be blocking traffic and I might be able to configure a proxy server to get around it, but I haven''t got around to trying it again. I use Sky Broadband, presumably if they were preventing Kodi working there would be many more people having issues.If I get it fixed I''ll let you know Robert.[/quote]I''m on Sky Broadband too Nuff Said.................wait to hear.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="OldRobert"]I have to admit to having no success with Kodi at all.  What I''m doing wrong I have no idea.  I have the Beast installed.  Running version 15.2.  having read this thread I thought I''d give it another go yesterday pm.  Everytime I clicked on asomething I got "working" and that was it.  Nothing even on SSN channel, TV currently showing absolutelu nothing showing anywhere.  Appreciate there wasn''t much sport yesterday which is why I didn''t restrict my attempts to the sports channels.  Basically got bog all!  Anybody with any ideas I''d be grateful.  Maybe my pooter ain''t up to it.[/quote]I installed Kodi on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago and got exactly the same thing OR. It was suggested that my ISP could be blocking traffic and I might be able to configure a proxy server to get around it, but I haven''t got around to trying it again. I use Sky Broadband, presumably if they were preventing Kodi working there would be many more people having issues.If I get it fixed I''ll let you know Robert.[/quote]I''m on Sky Broadband too Nuff Said.................wait to hear.[/quote]Have you tried going though a VPN?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="OldRobert"]I have to admit to having no success with Kodi at all.  What I''m doing wrong I have no idea.  I have the Beast installed.  Running version 15.2.  having read this thread I thought I''d give it another go yesterday pm.  Everytime I clicked on asomething I got "working" and that was it.  Nothing even on SSN channel, TV currently showing absolutelu nothing showing anywhere.  Appreciate there wasn''t much sport yesterday which is why I didn''t restrict my attempts to the sports channels.  Basically got bog all!  Anybody with any ideas I''d be grateful.  Maybe my pooter ain''t up to it.[/quote]I installed Kodi on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago and got exactly the same thing OR. It was suggested that my ISP could be blocking traffic and I might be able to configure a proxy server to get around it, but I haven''t got around to trying it again. I use Sky Broadband, presumably if they were preventing Kodi working there would be many more people having issues.If I get it fixed I''ll let you know Robert.[/quote]I''m on Sky Broadband too Nuff Said.................wait to hear.[/quote]Have you tried going though a VPN?[/quote]Not to date Michael.

Gentlemen and Ladies I have just found the answer to all our problems I think! I have just found a new app called MODBRO!

Its amazing and so simple, just download this app (sorry can''t do clickys), open it and away you go, all sports, TV shows and movies right there!! Looks amazing!!

https://www.mobdro.com

Looking forward to the next couple of hours seeing how it works and how good it seems!!

OTBC

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Gentlemen and Ladies I have just found the answer to all our problems I think! I have just found a new app called MODBRO!

Its amazing and so simple, just download this app (sorry can''t do clickys), open it and away you go, all sports, TV shows and movies right there!! Looks amazing!!

https://www.mobdro.com

Looking forward to the next couple of hours seeing how it works and how good it seems!!

OTBC[/quote]https://www.mobdro.com

Old Robert,

This maybe of assistance.

http://mobdroforpcwindows.com

You will need to download the nox app for windows bit first!

Hope this works, I don''t use a PC or laptop so can''t test it for you, soz.

Or try this tutorial on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3F2zppywLI

Sorry Robertnno, I only use a tablet so the app is fine for android.

Have a go and let us know if it works.

The Ghost,

How crazy is that!! You watched via Modbro?

What a performance from England there! Last 10 overseas of NZ innings is where we won that! How awesome were Roy and Butler batting?

So let me get this straight. Ghost, you watched T20 via Modbro on your tablet with great success.Ron you haven''t tried Modbro on your tablet yet.I''ll load up Modbro on my PC and see what I get.  I''ve got a Nexus 7 tablet as well so I might stick it on there too!