Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

How many goals will Hooper score at Sheffield Wednesday?

For our 7 million striker, should keep his form up. Go for 0 unless he manages a penalty then 1

It is clearly very much in our interests that he does well, either to regain some fitness, confidence and match play so that he return to us more equipped to assist in our inevitable relegation battle or so that we can command a decent fee from Wednesday.

We seem to have to give up on the RVW situation, either on him making it at Carrow Road or on recouping a degree of our losses so far. We don''t want two expensive flops on our hands.

In the ideal World, for me at least, we could do worse than selling two of high-earners Hooper, Lafferty or Grabban for as much as we can get and using the funds to bring Jordan Rhodes on board. We won''t have lost out on much if it doesn''t work out, IMO.

The "don''t cares" have a short memory.  12 important goals last season helped us get promoted - and that mainly from the subs bench.  Haven''t had such a useful a player from the bench since Trevor Howard.......

True and never thought the risk with him never having played at the highest level worth the money being asked, but, having watched him in a televised game recently, I was surprised and impressed by his all-round contribution.

His goal-scoring is incessant and I believe that it is only a matter of time before one of the PL strugglers takes that risk and wouldn''t mind it being us. I believe he would be more useful than the combined talents of Hooper, Lafferty and Grabban as things stand at the moment.

Of course, the other alternative would be Charlie Austin. Both highly, if not over-priced, but both goal machines.

My post was a reply to Yorkshire Pudding about my conversion to the Jordan Rhodes cause.

(Oh or that edit button to correct these small mistakes.)

Broadstairs - I do see your point, but if we were going to go for an overpriced striker only proven at championship level, to stand a chance of getting the best out of them we would have to play them every game, week in-week out in a system that would suit them

Andre Gray, yes. Also destined for better things and could even be with Birmingham City.

I think that we have to view a signing that is realistic in terms of our financial limitations. Rather than take another risk on a foreign import, I would go for a Rhodes or an Austin. The fact that they are so costly just emphasises the extent to which a proven PL scorer is beyond our means. The likes of Long, Campbell and even Fletcher have been muted in the past, but for me it would be Rhodes.

Besides, our priority for the next window has to be the defence and this will need be where the money needs to be spent.

My point was wishful thinking really, ie. that, in my ideal World, we could use the money they would fetch to replace the combined and limited contribution of Hooper, Lafferty and Grabban with an out and out poacher of the kind suggested.

Of the three, I have most faith in Gary Hooper to earn his corn at Carrow Road, but his long awaited ''arrival,'' if you like, has been in fits and starts for various reasons.

As for our style, by which you presumably mean just one up front, I personally would like to see two strikers start for certain fixtures and we would always need the addition if chasing a game in any case.

Beginning to feel sorry for Hooper. Seems to have swapped a Premier League bench for a Championship bench. Surely that''s not why he''s gone there?

He will play when he shows he is better than the rest of the squad. Like rvw he simply has not place in our future

Hope he does well to get us a fee when he moves on but far more concerned with the defence