Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Bottom by Christmas

It could be the case, especially if Bournemouth get all the wounded back soon.

I am even more worried about 2016. We clearly failed to improve our defensive capabilities, and players who last time were not shown up are now up against top players who have arrived for big money. I can''t see us spending the kind of money we need to spend over the January widow.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Genuinely interested in those who see themselves as in the ''middle ground'' feel about this. I''m generally pretty positive, but I''m very concerned about those next eight fixtures. Six of them are against ''big boys'', and while it''s not inconceivable that we could pick up a surprise result or two along the way, defeat against Swansea would leave us bang in trouble (assuming we lose at Citeh, which even for a ''happy clapper'' is surely a fair assumption). Three matches ago, we were pretty happy with a win over Bournemouth and creditable draws at West Ham and Liverpool. Now, after home defeats against ''smaller'' teams sandwiched by a spanking at Newcastle, we face the very real possibility of losing three of our next four. Me, I''d happily keep Neil even if we do go down, but who here is genuinely optimistic that we''ll get more than another six points before Christmas? Couple the lack of defensive sturdiness with the quality of opposition in the next few games, and we could find ourselves in a right pickle.Neil is a terrific young manager, but the quality of the players you''re up against isn''t the only thing that ratchets up steeply at this level – the quality of tactics employed by opposition managers is much more savvy, as has been amply displayed in the last three games. Neil is going to need an alternative to the overlapping full-backs and holding man dropping deep alongside the centre backs, or we''re going to keep getting found out. We''ve seen how big his balls are, but now we need to see how big his brain is...[/quote]

We need to target at least 9 points plus from the games against Swansea, Watford, Everton and Villa and then hope we can pick something up from a couple of the other games as well. Notimpossible but we''ve left ourselves very little margin for error if we do not want to find ourselves rooted in the bottom 3 at the midway point of the season. Given the way the games fall I think Swansea is "must win" as the fallout in confidence terms if we lose 7 in a row could be huge.

Bloody hell.

Well ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you''ve had to live in that scum hole Thetford for more than 5 minutes.

[quote user="hogesar"]Bloody hell.

Well ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you''ve had to live in that scum hole Thetford for more than 5 minutes.[/quote]Dereham is stunning this time of year.

Thetford Yellow GPB - I can see what you''ve done there. You''re implying that anyone who does not tow the NCFC party-line must be a school age child who supports Ipswich. Dolt

I think you''ll find that''s TOE the party line , son . Is mum home yet? What''s for tea? Fish Fingers?

Ignoring the fact im no longer in Dereham, compared to Thetford its like an episode of made in Chelsea in comparison

[quote user="hogesar"]Ignoring the fact im no longer in Dereham, compared to Thetford its like an episode of made in Chelsea in comparison[/quote]It''s fair to say I would rather live in Dereham than Thetford, but then again I would rather have shin splints than ulcerative colitis. All things are relative.

Thetford Yellow:

Morty, old son, unless you have something relevant, insightful or slightly intelligent to contribute please don''t bother posting at all

Oh, the irony...

Just read this thread load of tosh and was about to go back to that Nuff Said so thanks for saving me a job.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]Our paltry points return from our relatively gentle first ten fixtures of the season coupled with the fact that our shambolic defending is, if anything, getting worse, means that, with several unwinnable games coming up, we will be firmly rooted at the bottom of the gable by Christmas.[/quote]

Are you iron_stan''s lovechild?

The silver lining in standing at bottom at Christmas would be that we''d be safe from AN being poached by a bigger club as some on this forum feared would happen.