Sign in to follow this  
Canary Legend

Palace at home is a must win

If I was a betting man 3-1 Palace would probably be my punt.

Good job I''m not cos I couldn''t bring myself to bet against my own team.

I want us to win. I see know reason why we can''t. But if we don''t it is a disappointing start, not the loss of a must-win game. In 2011/12 we drew with Wigan away and then Stoke at home. We finished the season in 12th place. In 2012/13 we got hammered away at Fulham and then drew at home to QPR. We finished the season in 11th place. It''s good to win as soon as possible, but Palace is not a must-win game.

palace played well last season and if they start like that tomorrow we could be in trouble !

we are fielding a championship team with one addition against a team that finished 10th and people have this down as a winnable game ? I hope you are right 3 pts would be massive great start not a must win game but I hope it is not a game where we see the gulf in teams because if we do we better start buying players and quickly !!!

[quote user="norfolkngood"]palace played well last season and if they start like that tomorrow we could be in trouble ! we are fielding a championship team with one addition against a team that finished 10th and people have this down as a winnable game ? I hope you are right 3 pts would be massive great start not a must win game but I hope it is not a game where we see the gulf in teams because if we do we better start buying players and quickly !!![/quote]

Last season we had a Premiership squad in the Championship, this season we have a Championship team in the Premier League, it''s amazing! [8-)]

Well...tough one to predict. I feel we have not done enough in the transfer market yet... Their side is stronger on paper, but we''ll definitely give them a game! I''m going for a draw. I hope we really compete, but if we get hammered it will hopefully open the eyes of our board and the need to strengthen

I have the impression very few Norwich supporters realise what a very difficult match this is. I hope a reality check isn''t on it''s way?

Palace have it within them to really roll Norwich over. They are a dangerous side with plenty of goals in them and they have strengthened well.

Palace have been an Achilles heel in recent years but from memory Pardew has regularly come unstuck at Norwich.

Norwich clearly needs two more quality players and in the season picture needs to take advantage of the early season fixtures. The first win in any EPL season is very important too.

I want to see Norwich keeping it tight and staying patient as it would be easy to throw this game away by gung-ho tactics. A draw would be fine; a win would be a huge confidence boost. As usual it will be fascinating to see how AN deals with the step up.

Head says Palace might win this. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by a Norwich team up for a fight.

Dangerous game for us. With so much pace going forward, it will be difficult for our rather slow defence.

Add to it the ignorance and lack of knowledge of some of our fickle fans, we could be in for a tough afternoob.

The onus is on us to attack, being at home, but it could play it all into Palace'' hands, being a counterattacking team.

Therefore, I am not so sure AN will go out with all guns blazing.

Could be a lull of a 0-0 at HT, and more adventurous in the 2.half.

I expect a somewhat tactical game.

Now, some of you will likely ridicule this post, and say we should not fear Palace at home, etc. Yes, we should pay respect to every team visiting Carrow Road, because we are not good enough to expect to wipe the floor with any team in this division.

Its all about the balance. Key will be, as always, not to lose the ball in midfield too often, as Palace can counter us to death is Wes loses the ball again and again. I do fear this scenario, although I dont see Palace as world beaters either.

Tough game to predict. I am normally quite hopeful of all NCFC homegames, also this one, but opening game of the season, at home, vs an unfashioned opponent with more quality than most of our fans know, could be difficult.

First goal important, but rythm of the game equally important. If we grab a lead, will we be able to dictate tempo, "kill the game", etc?

I''ve got us down for a 2-1 win today but I''ve got a horrirrible feeling our defence is going to be found out today.

I really can''t believe the defence hasn''t been improved so far in this transfer window.

Look (as all Australians start sentences with, and look how good they are at predicting outcomes) , it may feel shitty if we lose this game, but nothing will clarify how much has to be done and the additional players that need to be brought in before the transfer deadline than a sobering home loss.

I don''t want it, but it may just be the reality check that is needed very early on to get things in focus before it''s too late.

[quote user="grefstad"]Dangerous game for us. With so much pace going forward, it will be difficult for our rather slow defence.

Add to it the ignorance and lack of knowledge of some of our fickle fans, we could be in for a tough afternoob.

The onus is on us to attack, being at home, but it could play it all into Palace'' hands, being a counterattacking team.

Therefore, I am not so sure AN will go out with all guns blazing.

Could be a lull of a 0-0 at HT, and more adventurous in the 2.half.

I expect a somewhat tactical game.

Now, some of you will likely ridicule this post, and say we should not fear Palace at home, etc. Yes, we should pay respect to every team visiting Carrow Road, because we are not good enough to expect to wipe the floor with any team in this division.

Its all about the balance. Key will be, as always, not to lose the ball in midfield too often, as Palace can counter us to death is Wes loses the ball again and again. I do fear this scenario, although I dont see Palace as world beaters either.

Tough game to predict. I am normally quite hopeful of all NCFC homegames, also this one, but opening game of the season, at home, vs an unfashioned opponent with more quality than most of our fans know, could be difficult.

First goal important, but rythm of the game equally important. If we grab a lead, will we be able to dictate tempo, "kill the game", etc?[/quote]

Looks like the prematch analysis was a decent "hit", sadly