Sign in to follow this  
OzzieBudgie

Hypothetically speaking...

Say we don''t go up who do you want to see us keep ahold of and who would you like to see us buy.

(Please don''t moan about losing faith it''s not that at all im just curious which championship players you lot out there rate.)

My Thoughts

Keep:

Ruddy

Olsson

Johnson

Howson

Tettey

Grabban

Remond unless the money is stupid

Who I would like to see us sign:

Alex Mowatt from leeds believe he would be a great compliment to Tettey when his knees play up and when he can only play one game a week.

Alex Pritchard, yes I know Wes has plenty left to give but do we have a good back up central playmaker?

Golbourne from Wolves, seems a solid wing back and just think about this for a moment, Whittaker or Olsson get injured do you trust Garrido I do not. If not get Toffolo back and get him in the squad.

Micheal Antonio or Bakary Saho really wingers with pace and enough strength to beat their man aswell would be a great addition but not a cheap one.

I don''t know who but a back up central defender or two, any ideas.

And only if we sell two strikers someone like Bamford, Afobe on loan as I would like to see Loza and Morris step up if one striker leaves.

Let the hate begin :D

"Keep:

Ruddy

Olsson

Johnson

Howson

Tettey

Grabban

Remond unless the money is stupid"I get the feeling we may lose the majority of that list.

"(Please don''t moan about losing faith it''s not that at all im just curious which championship players you lot out there rate.)"

[quote user="Newton"]Get Rid

Voodoo Stay

Lafferty Go

McGrandles Stay

San Miquel Stay

Woolf Go

Bunn Go

Garrido Not Sure[/quote]

I''d like to keep the majority of the current squad but think we''ll be losing several.

Ones who are likely to go who I can live with losing:

Ruddy - He''s been loyal to us, and if someone offers him a return to the top flight, then much as I''d love to see him stay, if he wants to go then I think we should honour that. Declan is long overdue his chance to prove himself.

Olsson - I''ve resigned myself to seeing him go much as I wouldn''t like to, if we can''t get over the line one way or another. Toffolo may be ready for a shot at winning the LB spot next season too.

Hooper - I''d rather keep Grabbs and Jerome. If we have to sacrifice Hooper (likely to fetch the bigger fee of the 3) to do that then so be it.

Redmond - Likely to fetch a big fee and not really matched his hype for me.

The ones we must keep at all costs for me are:

Bassong, Johnno (Loves Norfolk and I don''t think he would go unless the offer was crazy), Howson, Tettey (although VOO may be able to fill that role if Tettey does go), Jerome, Grabban.

Ones I''ll be glad to see the back of:

Whittaker - not good enough and allows RM to return to RB slot.

Garrido - Was crap from day 1 really.

Lafferty - maybe a bit harsh but I don''t see how he fits AN''s style of footy.

Wolfy - No comment needed

Miquel - Doesn''t look like anyone rates him

Bunn - maybe would be worth keeping to back up Rudd if JR goes, but back up keepers of equal ability are not hard or expensive to acquire, and his twitter ramblings don''t make me think very highly of him.

Players incoming:

Look forward to seeing what Louis Thompson is all about as he looks promising.

I would like to see us sign Afobe if Wolves don''t go up, but I think that he''s probably too pricey. Great player though.

Antonio off Forest would be a great addition.

Tarkowski off Brentford or Manga off Cardiff to bolster Central Defence. Dunk from Brighton would be good but they''re pricing him too highly.

Hendrick and Johnny Russell at Derby are decent enough too.

Hypothetically speaking, if automatic place disappears before our Fulham game, should we rest the likes of Tettey, Jerome, Grabban, Howson etc to keep them fresh for play off matches, and then play a weaker team that day including the ones for shop window like Becchio, Voodoo, McGrandles, Bunn, Cuellar, Miquel, etc??

Ooh forgot Becchio off my glad to see the back of list.

Yes, imo we should play a weakened team, particularly if players need a rest (Tettey, Jerome) - no point risking injuries unnecessarily either.

After last night I would like to see us go for Adomah from Boro, particularly if Redmond moves on. Also, I always rated Ayala when he was here and I thought he was immense last night, so I would try to get him back in the centre of out defence. All of this of course, would depend on Boro not going up!

Get rid of;

Bunn

Miquel

Garrido

Wolf

Lafferty

Becchio

Sign from championship

Rudy Gested Blackburn

Don''t shoot me, Christophe Berra as CB, then fish in bigger pond for 2 wing backs and a left winger.

If the worst does happen, we have a massive squad next season! Think we have both Murphy''s coming back, Toffolo after a great year at Swindon, Vadis after a preseason etc.

Players surplus to requirements:

Bunn, Becchio, Garrido (maybe), Miquel, Lafferty, Andreu (maybe)

Players who we may lose to the prem or abroad:

Olsson (a certainty), Ruddy, Hooper, Johnson, Howson, Tettey, Bassong, Wolf?, Redmond

Players we will probably keep:

Jerome, Wes, Grabban, Martin, R & E Bennett, Whittaker, Dorrans (permanent), Rudd, Murphy, Murphy, Toffolo, Thompson, McGrandles, Vadis

As for buying players, it''s hard to say. There won''t be much money there I don''t think. I do think we need to take a leaf out of the other championship teams books and exploit the loan system. We could get some real talent there, look at Boro with Bamford or Brentford with Pritchard, do you think their fans give a cr@p if it''s keeping one of their youth players out of a game?

I do wonder what we do with the Wolf, lol, perhaps he''ll be our Nikola Zigic, or the guy on the TV now, Pogrebnyak?

It does seem that we may need some new CM''s as I can see the vultures coming to collect our lot. Even if we keep them all, we absolutely need a bit more bite in there, basically a clone of Tettey. Perhaps that''s what Thompson will be?

As Burnley found last summer though, the best Championship players are going for like £10m+ or simply not being sold, so as great as some of the suggestions above may be, we may not afford them. I like the thought of Jota to challenge an aging wes in the team and to add some height and I like the thought of Pritchard. We have Dorrans to do the dictating, we need athleticism and strength now.

hard to know as it depends on who leaves with a reduced budget.

I have liked oliver norwood this season as a combatative cm and think vetokele is interesting up front. most pressing will be a decent centre back - where I have as little inspiration as the club (judging by last summers signings)