Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

With two games left

[quote user="mrs miggins"]They didn''t cope well when they had the chance to beat us when we went down to 10 men.

Also strange how Hughton could play a big part as well.[/quote]I think people are overplaying this romantic notion of Hughton somehow doing us a favour!

I''m sure he won''t really care if it helps us and it won''t be in his team talk, but he''ll nonetheless be helping us whether he knows about it or not. Of course all he''ll care about is his team, but I can see the irony and why people are pointing it out.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m sure he won''t really care if it helps us and it won''t be in his team talk, but he''ll nonetheless be helping us whether he knows about it or not. Of course all he''ll care about is his team, but I can see the irony and why people are pointing it out.[/quote]Oh aye, especially if he grinds out a boring nil-nil[:D]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Perhaps Hughton can blow up Eddie Howe''s head even bigger with his pre-match interview eh.[/quote][:D](Though not sure it could actually get any bigger)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]They didn''t cope well when they had the chance to beat us when we went down to 10 men. Also strange how Hughton could play a big part as well.[/quote]

I think people are overplaying this romantic notion of Hughton somehow doing us a favour!
[/quote]

Had Brighton  Manager been Mr Worthinton then perhaps he would have been more inclined to do Delia a favour

Who cares its more money for NCFC with the play offs we will have to cough up even though we are SEASON ticket holders underline season Mr. McNally

:)

Wouldn''t mind seeing them not make it actually, tears running down the smug faced 9it.

Still don''t understand why he''s not ginger

[quote user="daly"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]They didn''t cope well when they had the chance to beat us when we went down to 10 men. Also strange how Hughton could play a big part as well.[/quote]I think people are overplaying this romantic notion of Hughton somehow doing us a favour![/quote]

Had Brighton  Manager been Mr Worthinton then perhaps he would have been more inclined to do Delia a favour

Who cares its more money for NCFC with the play offs we will have to cough up even though we are SEASON ticket holders underline season Mr. McNally

[/quote]If you don''t want to pay the money, don''t go to the games[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m sure he won''t really care if it helps us and it won''t be in his team talk, but he''ll nonetheless be helping us whether he knows about it or not. Of course all he''ll care about is his team, but I can see the irony and why people are pointing it out.[/quote]Oh aye, especially if he grinds out a boring nil-nil[:D][/quote]

You can guarantee he''ll set the team up for a 0-0, then Watford will score with 10 mins to go.  It''ll be too late for Brighton to change things and it''ll be a depressing narrow home defeat... all sounds rather familiar, doesn''t it?

What Hughton will do - as he did at Norwich - and incidentally is what Chelsea do - is get the team wery well organised and rely on the individual talent of a front player to score the odd chance that comes their way - as at Chelsea for instance where three shots on target in two games resulted in two wins.   Its not pretty as we know, bur with the right players it works and far from going out for a 0-0, Hughton will aim to win the game. If they get that first goal against Watford, or if they play tight to keep a clean sheet at Middsbro, those two main rivals of ours are going to find it very tough to win those games.  That is good for us and is why we still have a chance of top two.

[quote user="lake district canary"]What Hughton will do - as he did at Norwich - and incidentally is what Chelsea do - is get the team wery well organised and rely on the individual talent of a front player to score the odd chance that comes their way - as at Chelsea for instance where three shots on target in two games resulted in two wins.   Its not pretty as we know, bur with the right players it works and far from going out for a 0-0, Hughton will aim to win the game. If they get that first goal against Watford, or if they play tight to keep a clean sheet at Middsbro, those two main rivals of ours are going to find it very tough to win those games.  That is good for us and is why we still have a chance of top two.

[/quote]

We can all hope and with Brighton running us close at home earlier this month and beating Blackburn 1-0 away only a month ago, there is certainly a basis for that hope. Of course there is still the small matter of us winning our last two games

[quote user="lake district canary"]What Hughton will do - as he did at Norwich - and incidentally is what Chelsea do - is get the team wery well organised and rely on the individual talent of a front player to score the odd chance that comes their way - as at Chelsea for instance where three shots on target in two games resulted in two wins.   Its not pretty as we know, bur with the right players it works and far from going out for a 0-0, Hughton will aim to win the game. If they get that first goal against Watford, or if they play tight to keep a clean sheet at Middsbro, those two main rivals of ours are going to find it very tough to win those games.  That is good for us and is why we still have a chance of top two.

[/quote]Still got your head firmly up Hughton''s backside I see?!

[quote user="lake district canary"]What Hughton will do - as he did at Norwich - and incidentally is what Chelsea do - is get the team wery well organised and rely on the individual talent of a front player to score the odd chance that comes their way - as at Chelsea for instance where three shots on target in two games resulted in two wins.   Its not pretty as we know, bur with the right players it works and far from going out for a 0-0, Hughton will aim to win the game.[/quote]Makes you wonder why Chelsea went for Mourinho when they could have had Hughton. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What Hughton will do - as he did at Norwich - and incidentally is what Chelsea do - is get the team wery well organised and rely on the individual talent of a front player to score the odd chance that comes their way - as at Chelsea for instance where three shots on target in two games resulted in two wins.   Its not pretty as we know, bur with the right players it works and far from going out for a 0-0, Hughton will aim to win the game.[/quote]Makes you wonder why Chelsea went for Mourinho when they could have had Hughton. [:S][/quote]

Easier for the fans to spell and pronounce probably.

Comparing Mourinho/Hughton philosophy is not putting them on a par or somehow raising Hughton up on a pedestal, much as some of you would like to think I am.  It just shows that the pragmatic approach is an accepted way of playing football. It relies on having the players to do it - which we plainly didn''t at Norwich - but it can and does work.  Middsbro used that approach for most of the match on Friday.   Organised, defensive and hard to break down, so its working (atm) for them, too......   Our big hope is that Hughton can get his method to work at its maximum in the last two games and frustrate or even beat either of our rivals.