Sign in to follow this  
zippy23255

Andreu or Vadis

Does Andreu really deserve coming on in front of Vadis. Really thought we would have seen Vadis come on tonight. I don''t think Andreu has improved anything in any of his substitute appearances.

I agree with this.

I know Andreu hasn''t had many minutes but he has looked a little out of his depth when we have seen him.

Those two brief appearances by Vadis before he was injured showed much more potential.

I hope AN is not just picking his favourites...

Why shouldn''t AN pick his favourites? Given his position, his favourites will be those who he thinks will best do the job he wants of them - if that is Andreu then that is fine by me; he''s a player who has hardly had a chance to prove his worth to us yet.

A certain je ne sai quois?!?!?! [:D]

Have to agree that I''d like Vadis to have had a run-out, perhaps he still has injury/fitness issues?

Apples

It''s too early to write Andreu off yet, he hasn''t had a start yet and it''s always going to be difficult to impose yourself in a game after being brought on as a sub with 15 mins or so to go (I know Wes did this but he''s in a different class IMO)

Ideally you''d like to see both of them given a chance but with the strength of our squad in their positions it''s going to be unlikely.

I still see the signing of Andreu as a strange one. Having loaned out Lafferty and Becchio being made surplus to requirements that left us with 3 senior strikers. Surely a signing like Benik Afobe (undisclosed but reported to be 2 million) would be a smarter option.

I suspect the reason Andreu appears as a sub is because AN knows what he is capable of and is confident of his ability. Given the impact he has had since coming in as manager, I would not question his judgement on players.   Vadis, it has been said several times, is not fully match fit yet and won''t be until next season - but the fact he is on the bench suggests he has done well enough to be considered for action.  Both these are ones for the future imo, Andrue fairly new and settling in, Vadis trying to get full fitness.  But if AN puts either of them on, it shows they are ready to be part of he action, even if it is only from the subs bench. 

What about Loza?   Some might think he''s not ready or good enough, but put him on the pitch and he scores! 

Andreu isn''t the type of player who''s going to take the game by the scruff of its neck and turn things. He''s in the Surman mould of a tidy player who always offers an option and provides regular quality dead balls and passes. I''ve been impressed with him so far. I''ve spent hours typing about how annoyed I''ve been at our lack of attacking movement and lack of a final ball for about 3 seasons now and Andreu provides some of that. I expect him to start Saturday and have a good game, like Grabban a lot of his good work will go un noticed but I think he''s got the footballing brain and passing quality to make a difference

Loza ahead of Hooper now imo as well. He''s had more than enough chances and failed to take them. He offers nothing apart from finishing and has failed to take some really easy chances recently and should be sold in the summer. He''s coasting, unfit and thinks he''s much better than he actually is. Hooper has got to be the most over rated player we''ve ever had. Loza while untested took his chance the other night, offers something in our build up play and unlike Hooper is motivated and has something to prove.

But putting all of that aside without Grabban we lack movement and tireless running up front to create gaps and break down stubborn defences, Hooper offers nothing in that regard but Loza''s running and pace does

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Hooper has got to be the most over rated player we''ve ever had.....[/quote]Lol. You''ve never heard of RVW then. [:S]

Lappinitup

Many fans were questioning his ability after the first few friendly s last year. Except between his first goal and the next couple of games he''s been slated by our fans consistently....for once I think rightly because he''s a shockingly poor player. I meant over rated by our fans, not by everyone before we''d signed them. Hooper has done nothing of note since we signed him, he''s done nothing special really since having a great season for Scunthorpe in the Championship. I like the guy personally after meeting him, but he shouldn''t be standing in the way of Loza or Morris developing because he''s reached his peak and I don''t believe he''s any better than L1 standard, coupled with the fact he''s not putting a shift in and our two youngsters are desperate to impress

Leigh griffiths has took over the hooper role at Celtic ..Tony andreu is still the spl''s 2nd top goalscorer this season lol..he will come in handy if there is injuries ..good to have if needed.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]That Hooper is such an important asset of the club is one of the many reasons we should have appointed Lennon last May.[/quote].......and McCarthy as his assistant.Lennon and McCarthy has a nice ring to it. [:D]

Would be nice though to see Vadis given a chance now that he is injury free. From reports on the u21''s match, where he played the full match, he ran the show. I know it was only u21''s but he came to us with good reviews and would be good to have this class on show.

VOO hardly pulled up trees at Hillsborough and a good show or two in a kids game doesn''t count for a lot. Andreu looks like a pub team player who won a competition to play for a pro team for a day. Neither should be anywhere near our first team (or squad?) in an ideal world.

Given an either/or choice - playing with 10 men may be preferable.

[quote user="Mervyn Corn"]VOO hardly pulled up trees at Hillsborough and a good show or two in a kids game doesn''t count for a lot. Andreu looks like a pub team player who won a competition to play for a pro team for a day. Neither should be anywhere near our first team (or squad?) in an ideal world.

Given an either/or choice - playing with 10 men may be preferable.[/quote]Vadis picked up a medial knee ligament injury five minutes into the game at Hillsborough. This brings ''quick to judge'' to a whole new level! Clearly enough for obvious troll to decide we''d be better off playing with 10 men, though.Agree that Andreu has looked out of his depth so far, but let''s not write him off just yet.Oh, too late.

A troll, eh? Don''t think I was being a troll up at the John Smith''s on Tuesday night. Were you there? Or were you too busy thinking positive thoughts about flops?

Now finish your homework son.

[quote user="Mervyn Corn"]A troll, eh? Don''t think I was being a troll up at the John Smith''s on Tuesday night. Were you there? Or were you too busy thinking positive thoughts about flops?

Now finish your homework son.[/quote]Yes, a troll, and a persistent one at that. And one that''s so predictable he has to invent a new username every couple of weeks to try to inject some kind of excitement into his otherwise barren existence. Why not be a real person with real opinions and join an actual community?

So you didn''t go to Huddersfield. And I''m guessing not Hillsborough (so you''ve probably never see Vadis in the flesh). And, I''m taking a punt here, I would suggest you''ve never seen Andreu either. But do feel free to bang on about how good they are!

andreu is class .never had a chance yet ..you can''t just walk into the first team ..Alex Neil knows what he can do ..just be patient

[quote user="Mervyn Corn"]So you didn''t go to Huddersfield. And I''m guessing not Hillsborough (so you''ve probably never see Vadis in the flesh). And, I''m taking a punt here, I would suggest you''ve never seen Andreu either. But do feel free to bang on about how good they are![/quote]No, I didn''t go to Huddersfield, or to Hillsborough. But I have seen both players in the flesh. As for ''banging on about how good they are'', I said that I agreed that Andreu had been poor so far (note use of word ''poor'' here, this is generally perceived to be the opposite of ''good'') but not to write him off just yet. And I also said that Vadis had been playing with a knee ligament injury for all but five minutes of his ''no show'' at Hillsborough, but of course you must have known that if you''re a proper fan that goes to all the away games and everything. No ''bigging up'' of either player in the slightest.I reiterate my previous point that you fail really hard at being a troll. You should try being a real person instead, you might have more luck.Until that time, I have no more use for you. Over to you for the inevitable last word.

come on he played for a team managed by your manager in the SPL ..Hamilton accies is a small team in Scotland but he scored goals ..I fail to see how the championship is any better than the SPL quality wise lol..maybe more teams in that league .

so how many full 90mins has Mr andreu played in this season for Norwich ??I can''t understand the haters lol

so who has worked out how many minutes Andreu has actually played so far or Vadis for that matter, Andreu hasn''t shown much when he has come on, but in time we should see why we signed him, not many players can come on with 10 or 15 minutes to go and make an impact, in a side they have never started in, or in a league thats new, .Some patience required, and trust in AN

back in the 80s Dundee had this super sub called Albert Kidd .he cost hearts the league on the last game of the title decider on the last day ..so whenever we play hearts the chant is Albert Kidd Albert Kidd lol .https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s