Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Neil Adams

I would be very surprised if we hear from Neil again this season Reggie, I suspect he is feeling pretty bruised at the moment and the best thing for him would be to keep out of the limelight for a while IMO.

[quote user="Jenkins"]I would be very surprised if we hear from Neil again this season Reggie, I suspect he is feeling pretty bruised at the moment and the best thing for him would be to keep out of the limelight for a while IMO.[/quote]I tend to agree, Jenks, but it would still make a a fascinating listen if  those at RN were to talk him into teaming  up with Goreham again, albeit on a temporary basis. It would be quite a coup, wouldn''t it ?. Not to mention  the idea of him with Butler on Canary Call !!!As you say, doubt it will happen, but never say never ?

I suppose he is still on the payroll, might limit him a bit, having said that he was running an academy team during some of the period when he was on RN.

Adams is a nice guy and a club man...

I think even the most rose tinted fan could see it was only ever going to end one way for Neil... A job he was always going to take but never be good enough for.

Neil spent the last 13 years prior to his appointment as the voice of club, he was close enough to the fans on canary call and those at grounds across the land to know exactly how many of them thought.

Was he hung out to dry ala Hughton? No

Was he fully supported by the board? yes

Were the fans ever totally on his side ? definite no.

As to if the players were in his corner is debate for another day.

Was his hand forced in terms of relegation? Possibly... But I think Neil would have known when the time to go was and I think would have walked away in the summer regardless of where he would have guided us.

It''s a huge positive he is coming back to the club in the summer and clearly needs a break. The step up to the first team was too much... I don''t doubt Adams as a coach or manager at academy level for a second and if we lost him from that role we''d move backwards.

I''ve said enough on here that the board are solely accountable for the failings of Adams. Neil made the best of what he had and to some extent what he was forced to have...

I look forward to his return

[quote user="Newton"] And then the fantastic press release by the club saying - This Time Macnally was finding a manager

[/quote]

Maybe you could put a link up to this press release ? It was the wording of an EDP article written by a journo which could be taken in several ways but then again you were told this on another thread. Still when you have an agenda.........

[quote user="Bury Green"] He really didn''t seem to be in great shape as his

tenure came to an end so hopefully with a good break under his belt he is fully

repaired.[/quote]

Very few others have picked up on this. Cameron Jeromes post match interview went a long way to confirming what we felt. Mostly it''s just assumed that McNally told him to resign or be sacked. A scenario where people can still feel they got their "pound of flesh".

You really do have to have a double rhino skin to be a manager. but he got out before he was dehumanised with clown pictures and the like. Pardew must have a treble rhino skin but he managed to keep his destiny in his own hands too. Not saying Neil was but if you are the type of man to follow social media it must be ridiculously hard. Fans are totally unforgiving. He was on a run of 10 points from 5 games and yet there was the beginnings of a campaign to get him out. I have never known a Norwich manager sacked on a run like that. So for me it was definitely a resignation.

Those who still want a piece of Neil are probably little insignificant runts when they step out from behing their keyboards...

Unfortunately his fate was sealed with Phelan''s appointment. Every win was down to Phelan but every defeat was Adam''s fault. It was always going to be a lose lose situation for him after that.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Unfortunately his fate was sealed with Phelan''s appointment. Every win was down to Phelan but every defeat was Adam''s fault. It was always going to be a lose lose situation for him after that.[/quote]

bit like how everything good is McNally and everything bad is Delia...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"]Unfortunately his fate was sealed with Phelan''s appointment. Every win was down to Phelan but every defeat was Adam''s fault. It was always going to be a lose lose situation for him after that.[/quote]

bit like how everything good is McNally and everything bad is Delia...[/quote]The same old claims made by the same old people jas. [:)]

lappinitup wrote the following post at 12/01/2015 3:49 PM:

Unfortunately his fate was sealed with Phelan''s appointment. Every win was down to Phelan but every defeat was Adam''s fault. It was always going to be a lose lose situation for him after that.

Yep, unintended consequences. Q conspiracy theories.

NN, therein lies the nub of the issue, the hide of a rhino.

Whilst he''s flavour of the month down the A140 somone like McCarthy is a classic example of the sort of individual that can prevail in the Chumpionship.

If by some twist of fate he did get the promoted I''m entirely sure the ever loyal fans would see him at of the door just as he was at Wolves and I''d be equally confident he''d pick up his payoff and find himself another job in no time and lose zero minutes of sleep about it.

For me he''s a classic example of the sort of Teflon coated individual that can prevail in the English football leagues, not that I''d particularly want to watch his broad of football I hasten to add but he''s a genuinely hard and resilient personality.

He''s just one such example, we can all concoct a list of similar names but somehow Neil Adams was never the sort of bloke that''d fit into the world of a Football League manager.

Genuinely, hand on heart I hope he''s ok, I''m very well aware he''d been doing a bit better of Xmas with results but that''s not really the point.

He just didn''t seem to have the one key ingrediate, namely the rhinos exoskeleton, you could hear it in his voice, his whole manner in fact.

Hopefully he''ll be back turning our lads into first team players in the not too distant future.

A lot of respect from me too Nutty. I was never in the out camp but also never liked some of his media stuff as a boss, strangely having so enjoyed his RN tenure. He left with dignity

He was not a failure either in my eyes ....7th is certainly not that. He is green and yellow too. Genuine bloke.

But then we seem to have a new pretender now and I do feel a sense of new anticipation rather than worry which I had when NA was leading us. Hope he re-integrates in the summer.

I believe it was said in AN''s introductory press conference that his contract is 12 months - rolling. McNally then stated that this our norm these days.

Yet at the back of my mind I seem to remember hearing that NA was awarded a three year contract when permanently appointed. If this latter point is correct, it would suggest that keeping him on with the prospect of some form of employment would make more sense than shelling out three years of salary now.

Does anybody recall hearing details of NA''s length of contract?

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]I believe it was said in AN''s introductory press conference that his contract is 12 months - rolling. McNally then stated that this our norm these days.

Yet at the back of my mind I seem to remember hearing that NA was awarded a three year contract when permanently appointed. If this latter point is correct, it would suggest that keeping him on with the prospect of some form of employment would make more sense than shelling out three years of salary now.

Does anybody recall hearing details of NA''s length of contract?[/quote]

I''m pretty sure I read that NA was on a three-and-a-half year deal which bearing in mind he was a rookie did seem incredibly generous. This one year rolling arrangement seems far more sensible. Nigel Worthington was on one when he left.

If NA actually did resign in the accepted sense then the Club don''t own him a bean in compensation even if they don''t re-employ him in some other capacity although they may have come to some sort of compromise if his quoted summer return never materialises.

Perhaps the Board don''t want to get entangled with another long contract if this latest appointment goes belly-up ?