Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Inconsistent Norwich yet again!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Its perfectly possible to appreciate and enjoy the victory yet still be worried about the way we nearly snatched a draw from what should have been a very comfortable victory, especially when the reasons for that are the same issues that have dogged us all season.

I enjoyed the game, I enjoyed the win but that 10 minutes showed very clearly what needs to be addressed and its to do with concentration and avoiding complacency when games appear "easy" for some of our players.

Like Reggie, I am please Neil has highlighted this post match and am confident he will address it. f he doesn''t though its going to cost us at some point.[/quote]Yes Jim. It''s not a terribly controversial or difficult concept to grasp, either, is it ?Except, it seems, for those with a one dimensional fixed agenda like Buh, NN and the few other ''head in the sand tendency''.I''m not entirely sure as to how what Jim, myself , or any of the other people who''ve discussed this can be described as ''moaning all through the season''. In fact our debate with Lakey and a few others was going along fine until NN came along and suggested the FA change the points rule, or some other puerile comment. Nige, over the last few postings, I''ve asked you a fair few perfectly simple/reasonable questions in an attempt to  include you into the debate. As per usual, you choose  not to answer them, preferring instead to indulge in silly name calling and other dishonest statements. But, I suppose, that''s par for the course with you?

I think the idea that we have the strongest squad is a tad arrogant.

Yes we have a big squad, yes it''s probably one of the most expensive, yes there are a few individuals other teams would love to have. But personally I just don''t think it''s the strongest squad, even on paper. That''s not to mention that a lot of a squads strength is their ability to play together, not just their individual merits.

I''d agree it''s probably one of the top 6 in the Division so we are maybe performing slightly below where we should be, but I just don''t see a ton of players that all the clubs above us are envious of.

I doubt a club like Derby for instance would replace like for like positions in their first team with many of our players given the choice, especially after adding Ince and Bent.

I didn''t watch the game but I have seen the goals. Yes we let slip a seemingly comfortable lead, but the first Charlton goal was well-worked. As these things go I don''t think we did too much wrong once they had got the ball. Our three goals, by contrast, were all awful from a defensive point of view. Howson was given way too much space on the edge of the box, the goalie coming out made up Grabban''s mind for him, and his task a lot easier, and Jerome lost his marker far too easily for the winner.This is Championship football. Teams are inconsistent. They give away silly goals. Players make dumb mistakes. Ours and theirs. The bottom line is we won away to a team who until last night had played 14 home games and only lost two of them.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]It''s easy to poke fun at those of us who are demanding better things[/quote]Who exactly are you making these demands to Reggie? Alex Neil? McNally? Delia? [^o)]

[quote user="Monty13"]I think the idea that we have the strongest squad is a tad arrogant.

Yes we have a big squad, yes it''s probably one of the most expensive, yes there are a few individuals other teams would love to have. But personally I just don''t think it''s the strongest squad, even on paper. That''s not to mention that a lot of a squads strength is their ability to play together, not just their individual merits.

I''d agree it''s probably one of the top 6 in the Division so we are maybe performing slightly below where we should be, but I just don''t see a ton of players that all the clubs above us are envious of.

I doubt a club like Derby for instance would replace like for like positions in their first team with many of our players given the choice, especially after adding Ince and Bent.[/quote]Fair point Monty. I suppose all this ''strongest squad on paper'' stuff is a bit ethereal, and really all about individual opinions.But, what surely cannot be challenged  is that we have one of the biggest and potentially best squads in this league....certainly one that should be challenging for a top 6 berth at least. So, I guess, thus far we''ve been performing within our potential. As so often in any professional sport the difference between ultimate success/failure is a very thin line. A line affected by just a few decisions, errors etc. I think that what most of us are saying on here is that AN is flagging this fact up, and looking at coaching that can cut these sort of flaws out as much as possible.

[quote user="Samwam27"]10 shots to nil up against Charlton2-0 up against CharltonAnd yet we somehow fall apart against a lowly team again!The heartache of being a Norwich fan![/quote]

Bellexx

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]It''s easy to poke fun at those of us who are demanding better things[/quote]Who exactly are you making these demands to Reggie? Alex Neil? McNally? Delia? [^o)][/quote]Don''t know what your point is there, Lapps.If you take the trouble to read what Alex Neil has said this morning, it''s clear that he''s demanding better from the players.If it''s good enough for him, it''s good enough for me.Or do you disagree with our manager ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
This is Championship football. Teams are inconsistent. They give away silly goals. Players make dumb mistakes. Ours and theirs. The bottom line is we won away to a team who until last night had played 14 home games and only lost two of them.

[/quote]

Yebut .................................................................................

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]It''s easy to poke fun at those of us who are demanding better things[/quote]Who exactly are you making these demands to Reggie? Alex Neil? McNally? Delia? [^o)][/quote]Don''t know what your point is there, Lapps.If you take the trouble to read what Alex Neil has said this morning, it''s clear that he''s demanding better from the players.If it''s good enough for him, it''s good enough for me. Or do you disagree with our manager ?[/quote]It''s obvious the manager will always be demanding more from his players but you included yourself in the same group when you said "those of us who are demanding" so I''ll ask you again......"Who exactly are you making these demands to Reggie?"Are you turning up at Colney and demanding more from the players?

An experienced manager, appointed last May, would have better navigated the season such that we would be up there with Middlesbrough. That said we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]An experienced manager, appointed last May, would have better navigated the season such that we would be up there with Middlesbrough. That said we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.[/quote]There are certainly many who would agree with your first point HC, but I''m afraid that''s all water under the bridge now, so something we''ve just to let go for the moment.And you are right, there are lots of us who are becoming more and more confident that the Neil régime is at last getting to grips with our shortcomings. to such an extent that a play off place is looking very much on the cards now.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]An experienced manager, appointed last May, would have better navigated the season such that we would be up there with Middlesbrough. That said we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.[/quote]

Yeh, that Karanka bloke got loads of experience.

Well I certainly disagree with the section and point. We turned plenty of awaygames around under Adams. What''s the basis for the claim we wouldn''t have this one?

My point about keeping you Nancies happy by changing the points still stands. Moaning about our 4-0 home win because of who we were playing. Then moaning about a 3-2 away win assumedly because it wasn''t 4-0. What can the team do to satisfy the never satisfied negativeNancies?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]An experienced manager, appointed last May, would have better navigated the season such that we would be up there with Middlesbrough. That said we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.[/quote]An interesting point, and not one I have seen made before.Of course...Relegated Cardiff under the vastly experienced Russell Slade: 1.2 points per game.Wealthy Nottingham Forest under the very experienced Stuart Pearce: 1.2 points per game.Recently relegated Wigan under the very experienced and until now sucessful Malky Mackay (the board''s first choice and mine): 0.5 points per game.Norwich City under the inexperienced Adams and the not very experienced and new to Engish football Neil: 1.6 points per game.

So basically Highlands post is a complete fabrication and of no more use than my points suggestion! No wonder Reggie liked it.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]. Then moaning about a 3-2 away win assumedly because it wasn''t 4-0. What can the team do to satisfy the never satisfied negativeNancies?[/quote]Right NN. Cards on the table time. I''ll ask you a question. Let''s see if I get a straight answer (unlike other questions that have been asked of you). I''m not holding my breath...With the possible exception of  the OP, please refer me to any point on this thread where people have been negative or moaning. As I''m reading it, virtually everyone has said how they enjoyed the win/3 pts, but are a bit concerned how often we seem to give sloppy goals away, and what to do about it. Not negative or moaning....just constructive criticism.In fact the only negative stuff on here has been from you, offering silly ''point deduction '' comments, and, as is your wont, running down the NCFC fans.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]An experienced manager, appointed last May, would have better navigated the season such that we would be up there with Middlesbrough. That said we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.[/quote]An interesting point, and not one I have seen made before.Of course...Relegated Cardiff under the vastly experienced Russell Slade: 1.2 points per game.Wealthy Nottingham Forest under the very experienced Stuart Pearce: 1.2 points per game.Recently relegated Wigan under the very experienced and until now sucessful Malky Mackay (the board''s first choice and mine): 0.5 points per game.Norwich City under the inexperienced Adams and the not very experienced and new to Engish football Neil: 1.6 points per game.[/quote]

It just goes to prove you can''t change history or predict what would have happened.  The best that can be said is that Adams did the best he could and it was not a disaster, has not stopped us being in with a shout for promotion nor upset things to the extent we can''t make a challenge.  It just was what it was.  Neil has the opportunity to evolve things further and atm things are looking a bit more optimistic.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Oh, and wasn''t Slade Reggie''s suggestion for our manager?[/quote]Yes, Slade was indeed on a list of people who I suggested for consideration, Nige . Not the same as out and out suggestion for manager.So, not for the first time, NN, that''s something you''ve made up.I do dislike these dishonest posters like you........

Has anyone talked more s4it about the club over the years than highland frigging Canary

And I include fake binner accounts in that

He hates the club with a passion

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well let''s start with Highlands nonsensical post that you agreed with and work back from there.[/quote]I knew it would only be a long shot to get a straight answer to a straight question from NN.But we live in hope that , one day.........

[quote] user="lake district canary

It just goes to prove you can''t change history or predict what would have happened. 

[/quote]

You''ve been on this message board for years and you''ve learnt nothing.

Reg, you asked for a negative post, he pointed out a negative post to you and you dismissed it.

Evidence it''s negative: highland Canary wrote it, the pinkuns poster equivalent of "the greatful dead"

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote] user="lake district canaryIt just goes to prove you can''t change history or predict what would have happened.  [/quote]

You''ve been on this message board for years and you''ve learnt nothing.[/quote]

[:''(]  

But I know what you mean......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Its now dishonest to suggest that a suggestion is a suggestion.......[/quote]At the very least you were economical with the truth, NN  . You know full well that to be on a list is not the same as nailed on suggestion.Yet more hypocrisy from you, as it''s a blatant case of ''word twisting'', which, you''d have us believe is another of your bete noires.Classic ''do what I say, not what I do'' from the master.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]we wouldn''t have turned the match around last evening under Adams so we should take encouragement that, notwithstanding our inconsistency, a lottery place should be well within our grasp under the new management team.[/quote]So, let''s just get this straight then Buh , NN and others. A posting that centres on words like ''take encouragement'', and the ''playoffs should be well within grasp under the new management team'', is , in your book, negative and moaning.Are you for real???!!!