Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City quiz

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Cody?[/quote]You are correct Mr Ferry but that clue was a giveaway.Right 400th goal.Clue,  Youth Cap for Rep of Ireland.1989/90

CorrectPhew, that was like pulling teeth, I guess it was too hard for most but it is something you either know or don''t and it has been published in the local papers at times, certainly in 2010 when we were awaiting the 5000th.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="ricardo"]FFS It was Peter Gordon [/quote]

Please lock me away.....

[/quote]Here''s an easy one for you Nigel,City had 9 sendings off in 1996/7name all 8 who saw red.

Actually only 7 because 2 were shown red twice. and I will start off by giving you a clue to one of the double offendersD.E.

[quote user="ricardo"]Actually only 7 because 2 were shown red twice. and I will start off by giving you a clue to one of the double offendersD.E.[/quote]Phew!Bradshaw and Andy Johnson were playing then so I would guess those two! Darren Eadie would be the DE? Matt Jackson? Milligan? Danny Mills? Fleck possibly???

Got there too late, again.

Could Bellamy have been sent off even though he only made his debut late in that season?

[quote user="woostercanary"]Got there too late, again.

Could Bellamy have been sent off even though he only made his debut late in that season?[/quote]Not Bellars

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="ricardo"]FFS It was Peter Gordon [/quote]

Please lock me away.....

[/quote]Here''s an easy one for you Nigel,City had 9 sendings off in 1996/7name all 8 who saw red.[/quote]

That season must have been a world without love.....

I think you have them all now. Eadie and Fleck in the same game which I think was League Cup.

[quote user="ricardo"]Keithwell that was pretty good Purple very impressive there. Time you set one.[/quote]Ricardo, I did peep at the players we had for that season, and made an educated guess at the culprits...OK, I have a couple of posers. Firstly, an odd one, and easier for the old timers. Which players suffered the following particular injuries? There may have been more than one player who suffered them but the three incidents I have in mind are all pretty well-known in Canary history, for varying reasons:1) Dislocated shoulder.2) Broken ribs.3) Dislocated ankle.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]1. Ken Nethercott

2. Duncan Forbes

3. Alex Notman?[/quote]1) and 2) correct! The third was a significant injury, and not in a  good way...

My second poser is this:Born in Norfolk, I was on Norwich City''s books as a youngster but never played a first-team game. I later played for Spurs, and won 39 caps for England. Who?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]Keithwell that was pretty good Purple very impressive there. Time you set one.[/quote]Ricardo, I did peep at the players we had for that season, and made an educated guess at the culprits...OK, I have a couple of posers. Firstly, an odd one, and easier for the old timers. Which players suffered the following particular injuries? There may have been more than one player who suffered them but the three incidents I have in mind are all pretty well-known in Canary history, for varying reasons:1) Dislocated shoulder.2) Broken ribs.3) Dislocated ankle.[/quote]On further delving, the ankle was broken as well as dislocated.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]My second poser is this:Born in Norfolk, I was on Norwich City''s books as a youngster but never played a first-team game. I later played for Spurs, and won 39 caps for England. Who?[/quote]thought at first it was the chap from Mulbartonthen Barry Bridgesbut now, stuck

There''s only one player for England with 39 caps and that''s Nicky Butt, but it''s obviously not him, born in manchester. Perhaps trick question?