Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City quiz

Yep, both of them did it 4 times.But what about a player who top scored twice but the occasions were 8 years apart.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]As I was too late last night to put my question I hope it''s OK now.

On Sir Stanley Matthew''s last visit to Carrow Road at the age of 50+ who was the City left back he faced?

Sorry - one for the older ones perhaps.[/quote]

Don''t forget this one. It was before my time....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]As I was too late last night to put my question I hope it''s OK now.

On Sir Stanley Matthew''s last visit to Carrow Road at the age of 50+ who was the City left back he faced?

Sorry - one for the older ones perhaps.[/quote]

Don''t forget this one. It was before my time....

[/quote]Yes Nigel, I remember that game like it was yesterday, I stood in the South Stand level with the River End penalty area about half way up that day.Jimmy Oliver got a hat trick as City won 6-0 and it was Barry Staton at left back. He was a very good back but injury curtailed his career.

Spot on Ricardo ......... I was in the River End.

A good fullback who got a lot of stick in that game early on by not ''getting in to'' Matthews but as the game went on everyone could see the benefits.

Wonderful days!

(from earlier)

..E ...Enot Freddie Sharpe"How about Charlie Crickmore?"spot on !

i''ll throw one in here....

which is the only city in the world that could have 2 clubs participating in the World Club Cup but represent 2 different continents?

the tenuous Norwich link is that an ex-player has played for one of them?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i''ll throw one in here....

which is the only city in the world that could have 2 clubs participating in the World Club Cup but represent 2 different continents?

the tenuous Norwich link is that an ex-player has played for one of them?[/quote]I know''constantly''

Istanbul qualifies with Galatasary in Europe and Fenerbahce in Asiaand Elmander being the player

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]its not istanbul..all turkish teams play in the european chasmpions league and therefore if they won it, would represent europe/uefa in the world club cup[/quote]Hong Kong?

that wasnt quite the answer I have on my card....but you may well have found another?!

Wellington, New Zealand

Wellington Phoenix of the Australian A-League (Asia).....ex-player Neil Emblen

Team Wellington of the New Zeland league (Oceania).