Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Poor old Grant Holt

[quote user="ricardo"]Everyone back to their respective corners please, count to ten and remember there are important games going on tonight that affect our promotion chances. This is much more important than tit for tat arguing. Why is everyone so touchy, things are going well and we are all NCFC fans.

[/quote]Agreed[Y]We''ll discuss this over a beer on Saturday Eddie[;)]I''m buying[:)]

Well.. if the charge is pink specs then I''m guilty and happily so.

Just like when I''m charged with wearing yellow and green ones I''m guilty too.

And being a happy clapper. I''ll stop clapping and happily hold my hands up to that too.

It''s who I am[;)]

What''s the opposite to being a happy clapper wearing pink or green and yellow specs [:^)]

Both games 2-3 now.  This is the championship[:)]

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I like both sites but am somewhat confused by the the two mortys. There seems to be a norwich fan on one site and a " start a fight in an empty house "on the other.[/quote]Read your post back to yourself perhaps? I''m not saying I''m totally innocent, but it takes two to start an argument, and there seems to be plenty here who want one.

I''m all for robust argument but this Forum is a much better place for a little bit of civility. Banter and a few digs are ok in my book but it should go no further (unless you''re a Binner of course)[:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]I''m all for robust argument but this Forum is a much better place for a little bit of civility. Banter and a few digs are ok in my book but it should go no further (unless you''re a Binner of course)[:D][/quote]I thought we were leaving it[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I''m all for robust argument but this Forum is a much better place for a little bit of civility. Banter and a few digs are ok in my book but it should go no further (unless you''re a Binner of course)[:D][/quote]I thought we were leaving it[;)][/quote]Do you want the last word or shall I?[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I''m all for robust argument but this Forum is a much better place for a little bit of civility. Banter and a few digs are ok in my book but it should go no further (unless you''re a Binner of course)[:D][/quote]I thought we were leaving it[;)][/quote]Do you want the last word or shall I?[;)][/quote]I''ll leave it to you[;)]

Morty.I presume that you mean that I am two different characters on the two sites as well. I dont recognise that viewpoint but others may disagree with me. I dont think that I am particularly controversial in my opinions but I do respond to your prickly persona on occasion. I do not have the advantage of pints in the nelson. I can only respond to the difficult personality you display on here.

on the other site you seem to be a normal poster.

nutty nigel wrote

I''m not provoking anything buddy. But I don''t think you quite get what I''m saying. But to go back to your analogy of the stag weekend and the Nelson... Would the party goers slate the Nelson on the stag weekend and then come back into the Nelson doing what they slated it for?

I''m not trying to fall out with you Morty. In fact we won''t fall out because we''re friends. But I just don''t understand the need to slate this wonderful community which has been responsible for so much good and so many real friendships in the 10 or so years I''ve been part of it.

[

Hilarious analogy and Nutty at his obtuse best - that''s why I love this forum.

Have you got sense of humour, Morty. I''ve never seen any evidence of it. (Yobbish drunken behaviour isn''t the same thing).

BTW were you an officer''s batman in a former life?

Here''s one for you Morty and Rickyyyy, promise not to laugh. I''m getting slated by Gary Field on the other forum for quoting his post on about the Virgin Isles on here the other day and asking if that''s where Wiz gets them from. Just that. This crime is the subject of a rant about me on that forum by Gary. Go figure....

lake district canary" wrote [quote user="nutty nigel"]Morty and Lakey have both alluded to different standards of behaviour on the different forums. So which is the real Morty and Lakey? The ones on here? Or the ones on there? Whichever it is then the other forum is surely being trolled. Me? I''m just me whether it''s on here, another forum or in the pub. Like me or not at least you all know where you stand [/quote]

The real Lakey is there on both sites.  Its just that on the other site I know I won''t receive abuse or have to resort to fighting my corner.   I have slightly alternative views about some things - and I can air those views on both sites, but the difference is on here I am more likely to receive abuse for airing those views.   I now have a choice where I post - and choice is good.  Two boards, plenty of room for everyone on both. 

I can''t recall having a go at you LDC. I didn''t agree with you about Hughton but always respected you supporting your view with points.

The people who slagged you off largely followed you to the new site.

lake district canary" wrote [quote user="nutty nigel"]Morty and Lakey have both alluded to different standards of behaviour on the different forums. So which is the real Morty and Lakey? The ones on here? Or the ones on there? Whichever it is then the other forum is surely being trolled. Me? I''m just me whether it''s on here, another forum or in the pub. Like me or not at least you all know where you stand [/quote]

The real Lakey is there on both sites.  Its just that on the other site I know I won''t receive abuse or have to resort to fighting my corner.   I have slightly alternative views about some things - and I can air those views on both sites, but the difference is on here I am more likely to receive abuse for airing those views.   I now have a choice where I post - and choice is good.  Two boards, plenty of room for everyone on both. 

I can''t recall having a go at you LDC. I didn''t agree with you about Hughton but always respected you supporting your view with points.

The people who slagged you off largely followed you to the new site.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Morty.I presume that you mean that I am two different characters on the two sites as well. I dont recognise that viewpoint but others may disagree with me. I dont think that I am particularly controversial in my opinions but I do respond to your prickly persona on occasion. I do not have the advantage of pints in the nelson. I can only respond to the difficult personality you display on here.

on the other site you seem to be a normal poster.[/quote]No, you actually presume wrong, as it happens.Clearly you do not see the pinkun through my eyes. I am a normal poster, the difference on the other site is that I don''t have to fend off idiots ( read the thread back for a few examples of two that have followed me round here for some years) Yes, I am controversial, outspoken, and passionate about my team, obviously a few have issue with that.If you want to talk any more about it feel free to pm me about it, as everyone is sick of hearing about it now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Here''s one for you Morty and Rickyyyy, promise not to laugh. I''m getting slated by Gary Field on the other forum for quoting his post on about the Virgin Isles on here the other day and asking if that''s where Wiz gets them from. Just that. This crime is the subject of a rant about me on that forum by Gary. Go figure....

[/quote]Some people are very touchy about virginserrr oh dear, well you know what I mean.[:$]

So, Morty.

On the other site you are mild mannered Bruce Wayne and after a quick slide down the pole, on here you are a superhero with your underpants over your trousers.

That''s enough from me, have the last word.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, Morty.

On the other site you are mild mannered Bruce Wayne and after a quick slide down the pole, on here you are a superhero with your underpants over your trousers.

That''s enough from me, have the last word.[/quote]I''m sure that was hilarious when you rehearsed it in your head[Y]