Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

Ashtons Agent

This is the person we should be concerned about. Ashtons said he is happy and the board and worthy dont want to sell. the key factor now is will a big club go through the agent, the agent sees £££££££ and has a word in ashtons ear to make the move happen/ disrupt him? Its happened b4 & lets be honest its the only way it''ll happen now. i 4 1 would not b surprised!! hope i''m wrong!

Isnt Ashton represented by his Uncle?

If so then there is a chance he would rather have him settled than chase the yankee dollar which is a good thing for us.

[quote]Isnt Ashton represented by his Uncle? If so then there is a chance he would rather have him settled than chase the yankee dollar which is a good thing for us.[/quote]

I agree, i''m pretty sure his Uncle is his agent. Should mean no problems.

Dean is represented by his uncle!

I believe someone wil bid 10 million for him but please remember we stil owe crewe 1.25 million due this season and they also have a 33% sell on clause so even if he went for 10 million we would have to pay crewe 3.3 million due to sell on clause and the 1.25 million still owing plus as Dean hasnt asked for or should I say handed in a written transfer request we would have to pay him the total value of his contract less bonuses?

Not a lot would be left even if his wages came out at say 1.5 million for the remainder of his contract with the other amounts

that would only leave just under 4 million then take in account what we orginally paid for him and you are really left with teh 2 million pounds that we have bid for Clinton? INTERESTING!

Not 33% sell on?????????,the sell on clause is 20%.

I don''t know about the rest of you but I''m so p###ed off with the whole ashton thing why don''t the papers go after aj and leave ashton alone.

the papers go after ashton because he is better than johnson - look at the facts - in the whole of last season - johnson scored 20goals with a struggling side to finish second in the scoring charts.....fair dos to him you think - but you analyse those 20goals - 14 - yes 14 were penalties!!! if u gave ME a whole season in prem with 14 penalties then im sure i cud beat thierry henry and finish top of the scoring charts!!! AJ is a one trick pony whos only trick is "playing dead" ie diving on command.....but that wont work in this league - the teams are bigger and more physical and the refs wont giv penalties for feather touches!!! ashton managed more goals from open play (7) from jan onwards than AJ did in the whole of last season...thats why the papers go after deano and not johnson.....

Ashton''s agent is a certain Darren Bossons - is that his uncle??

Bossons has said to sky sports - ''Norwich have indicated to us that they want to keep Dean.'' Sounds good news to me if his agent is saying that!!!

He also said - ''Obviously there is a lot of pressure at the moment but whether Norwich are feeling that pressure I don''t know.'' I''m not sure what to make or read into that comment??!!

Don''t really see where the pressure thing comes into the equation. At the end of the day Deano is under contract here for another 3 years with an option for another year, we do not need to sell him therefore there is no pressure there. The only thing that could put a fly in the ointment is if Deano asks for a move, we would then be faced with an unhappy player which would give us no option but to sell. There has been no indication that this has happened and we can only hope that all the speculation hasn''t unsettled him. As for his agent he probably made enough to keep him happy for a while so I don''t see why he''d be so desperate for another move to happen just yet.

What seems odd is all this talk appears to be based on a supposed sudden event ie us relegated.

Both Ashton and the club were aware in January that there was a strong possibility that we''d be playing in the Championship this season. It would therefore have been thrashed out long before he signed what would be the course of action were that to occur.

Certain figures would have been set whereby he would be able to exercise an option to leave and we would be able to exercise an option to sell if they were met. I doubt there has been an offer anywhere near these figures. I''m sure one or two clubs have made tentive enquiries on the basis that we are now struggling financially and so will be desperate to offload a high wage earner.

My view is that if a deal was in the offing it would have been completed some while ago to allow Worthington time to find replacements.

The good news is I can only see an offer being made in January if he is regularly banging in the goals. If he is doing that then it''s most likely we''ll be heading back for the Premiership and we''ll be able to keep him.

Remember all the rubbish last season in the (toilet) papers about Green leaving ?

If it ain''t in the EDP/Pink''un it ain''t happening - that''s my advice !

[quote]Don''t really see where the pressure thing comes into the equation. At the end of the day Deano is under contract here for another 3 years with an option for another year, we do not need to sell him th...[/quote]

The pressure is if a decent Premier Club make an official bid of say £8 million plus and make it known that they have tabled the bid.

Deano, and his Uncle, would then know "officially" that he could play for a Club that had a chance of winning things, that may well be in Europe, and for whom he could earn 2 or 3 times the money that he earns with us. In such a scanario there is little doubt that Deano would talk to any such Club, either officially or unofficially, or through his Uncle. I would also suggest that if we were talking about a Northern Club, especially one from the North West, there would be a great attraction to Deano for him to move.

I guess it''s that pressure that is being referred to.