Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

We should have chosen a young ambitious manager with an attacking mentality

2nd half Liverpool, granted. Chelsea, we stuck 11 men behind the ball even though we needed a win. If that''s what you call attacking mentality then you must be very easily pleased.

Chelsea? We didn''t let a goal in I suppose.

Just Liverpool second half when we needed to win and were 2-0 down after 3 seconds

He was more defensive than Hughton , in fact we should have stuck with Hughton at least we would have had a chance at promotion .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]He was more defensive than Hughton , in fact we should have stuck with Hughton at least we would have had a chance at promotion .[/quote]

I''d rather not get promoted than watch that Hughton rubbish again.

Under Hughton and 2-0 down to Liverpool we would have gone on to get hammered. Under Adams, he tweaked the tactics and should have got a draw.

Against Chelsea he ''did a job'' on them. The players reacted to the Managers plan perfectly. Chelsea were hardly unlucky on the day, with only 4 shots on target.

He has already shown more nous (and that''s against Top 4 teams) than we saw in a long time during that season.

Good luck Neil, I''m already looking forward to a different brand of football for next season.

CTID

Bristol nest

Based on his chosen tactics as youth team coach or the five game poisoned chalice when all was lost?

It looks like the latter Bristol, amazing isn''t it!

I agree with Crabby and Jenkins.

Good bloke, passionate, can change things, made that shower look like a team again in an impossible situation.

I''d have that any day over people who don''t give a damn about us. Hoping for a technical director who will silence the doubters to the Neil a chance.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="splutcho"]Attacking mentality? Where?[/quote]More to the point...Young? He''s 48.[/quote]

Leave it.............................

AndyCanary wrote the following post at 2014-05-23 12:59 AM:

2nd half versus Liverpool & Chelsea.

AND THE RESULTS?

In his first game in charge WVW went from 7 shots on target all season to 13

that alone speaks volumes about the change from the old regime

[quote user="City 2nd"]AndyCanary wrote the following post at 2014-05-23 12:59 AM:

2nd half versus Liverpool & Chelsea.

AND THE RESULTS?[/quote]

Don''t quite get this City2nd.

What do you think would have happened, under Hughton, if we were 2-0 down after 10 mins against Liverpool/ Would he have tweaked that tactics, and nearly got a (deserved) draw? Not in my eyes, we would have got tonked.

To get draw away at a Top 4 team is a superb result. I know all the ''going for a win'' stuff, at that stage of the season, but like I said in a thread at the time, I think Adams maying have been showcasing his talents, for the possibility of getting the job.

That isn''t a case of him putting himself before the Club, because, all the damage had been done by then, and we needed something positive to feed off, as opposed to another mauling.

It was a tactical class act, and the one thing that also impressed me was the players followed the instructions, and stayed disciplined with it, for the 90 minutes, and IF Snoddy had taken a better first touch from Redmond''s through ball, he MIGHT have given us the perfect day.