Sign in to follow this  
#

Elect an Ex City Pro to the Board!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board?[/quote]Which set of fans would this person have represented in the Hughton in/out debate?[/quote] Kimi

It doesn''t, need to be over complicated. Surely if someone closer to the fans had been on the board they would have acted sooner. It happens in other countries.

[quote user="Felixfan"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board?[/quote]Which set of fans would this person have represented in the Hughton in/out debate?[/quote]It doesn''t, need to be over complicated. Surely if someone closer to the fans had been on the board they would have acted sooner. It happens in other countries.[/quote]That would have upset many fans then as they were split 50/50 most of the time.Anyway, do you have someone in mind for the job or a suggestion as to how he/she might be selected?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Felixfan"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Felixfan"]Why not elect a fan to the board?[/quote]Which set of fans would this person have represented in the Hughton in/out debate?[/quote]It doesn''t, need to be over complicated. Surely if someone closer to the fans had been on the board they would have acted sooner. It happens in other countries.[/quote]That would have upset many fans then as they were split 50/50 most of the time.Anyway, do you have someone in mind for the job or a suggestion as to how he/she might be selected?[/quote]

Just conveying the 50/50 split to the board could have raised alarm bells. I am sure a selection process could be found.

Anybody who wanted to be that fan would be crazy Felix. Don''t you see the level of abuse that the board members get anyway? Don''t you see the faces contorted with rage from some of our supporters when things go wrong. The hateful campaigns against the fans who are already on the board orchestrated on here by the likes of Wiz. How could you enjoy going to games or even going to the pub knowing that you would be confronted by angry people who believed they could do a better job. Would you want that?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anybody who wanted to be that fan would be crazy Felix. Don''t you see the level of abuse that the board members get anyway? Don''t you see the faces contorted with rage from some of our supporters when things go wrong. The hateful campaigns against the fans who are already on the board orchestrated on here by the likes of Wiz. How could you enjoy going to games or even going to the pub knowing that you would be confronted by angry people who believed they could do a better job. Would you want that?

[/quote]Simple solution, nutty. I do it. I can catch up on the views of supporters by monitoring this message-board and "attend" board meetings by video-conferencing from my sun-drenched tax-haven island, and I don''t go to games anyway! There would be no danger of me actually meeting fans...[:O]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Simple solution, nutty. I do it. I can catch up on the views of supporters by monitoring this message-board and "attend" board meetings by video-conferencing from my sun-drenched tax-haven island, and I don''t go to games anyway! There would be no danger of me actually meeting fans...[:O][/quote]

I think I''ve seen that approach somewhere before.....

Sounds very marcusevanish to me buddy[;)][:D]

[quote user="City 2nd"]TCCANARY wrote the following post at 2014-04-30 2:05 PM: You really don''t know how the football club works do you? On several previous managerial appointments the club has sought the advise of Dave Stringer for the purpose of advising them on football matters, they also sound out respected figures in the game like Jimmy Armfield & Roy Hodgson, the joint majority share holders are (unlike you) self aware and they know where their shortcomings are. And exactly where did that get us? Hamilton, Rioch, Roeder, Grant to name but four failures![/quote]

Yes, that''s the point, the OP thinks he''s being clever suggesting something but fails to realise that it''s what has happened in the past and he was the first one to criticise those appointments, he really has no idea.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="City 2nd"]TCCANARY wrote the following post at 2014-04-30 2:05 PM: You really don''t know how the football club works do you? On several previous managerial appointments the club has sought the advise of Dave Stringer for the purpose of advising them on football matters, they also sound out respected figures in the game like Jimmy Armfield & Roy Hodgson, the joint majority share holders are (unlike you) self aware and they know where their shortcomings are. And exactly where did that get us? Hamilton, Rioch, Roeder, Grant to name but four failures![/quote]

Yes, that''s the point, the OP thinks he''s being clever suggesting something but fails to realise that it''s what has happened in the past and he was the first one to criticise those appointments, he really has no idea.

[/quote]

Oh yes I do TCC, far more than you infact..........In my OP I clearly stated an ex pro elected to the board...........not of those dinosaurs you mentoned were/are board members ........which I advocated.

Now go back and read my OP again ..............and properly this time![:|]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I see no problem with enhancing an already excellent Board by adding to them with someone who has played the game, but it need not be an ex City player as that limits the chances of getting the best person in. Having met Hucks a few times, whilst he is a decent bloke and absolute City legend, I really cannot see him adding much at Board level, likewise Iwan to be honest, its not a football forum its a serious business they run.

An ex pro footballer who has since left the game and been a success in business would be the type I would go for, there will be a few out there I''m sure.........  

[/quote]

So you think a coke sniffing actor does enhance our board..........priceless Mark .[:S]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1365952/Sneering-Stephen-Fry-dumb-confession-cocaine.html

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Oh yes I do TCC, far more than you infact..........In my OP I clearly stated an ex pro elected to the board...........not of those dinosaurs you mentoned were/are board members ........which I advocated.

[/quote]

Thank you for confirming my original response, you really have no idea at all.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for confirming my original response, you really have no idea at all.

[/quote]

And until you abide by the original premise of my thread consider your opinion worthless to me.

Well you would get my vote Purple. But if in three years we have not won the Champions League, rebuilt the City Stand, done the hotel corner infill thing and have the best pies in the history of the planet at rock bottom prices then the search of sun drenched tax haven islands will have to begin....

Sorry can not do the smiley thing on a mobile device .... so smiley thing!

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Well you would get my vote Purple. But if in three years we have not won the Champions League, rebuilt the City Stand, done the hotel corner infill thing and have the best pies in the history of the planet at rock bottom prices then the search of sun drenched tax haven islands will have to begin....

Sorry can not do the smiley thing on a mobile device .... so smiley thing![/quote]All fine, Sussex, apart from the hotel. That would have to stay because I would need to commandeer two or three of the upper floors there for my locally-based staff...[;)]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I see no problem with enhancing an already excellent Board by adding to them with someone who has played the game, but it need not be an ex City player as that limits the chances of getting the best person in. Having met Hucks a few times, whilst he is a decent bloke and absolute City legend, I really cannot see him adding much at Board level, likewise Iwan to be honest, its not a football forum its a serious business they run.

An ex pro footballer who has since left the game and been a success in business would be the type I would go for, there will be a few out there I''m sure.........  

[/quote]

So you think a coke sniffing actor does enhance our board..........priceless Mark .[:S]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1365952/Sneering-Stephen-Fry-dumb-confession-cocaine.html

[/quote]And there we go, bingo!We get to the crux of the matter, that this is all about your prejudices.