Sign in to follow this  
deltic31

Relegation

Let''s face it, it''s going to happen.

It''s happened many times since I started supporting us, and no doubt it will happen again!

(although, hopefully, not next season!)

If it means that we get rid of players that won''t bust a gut for us, then I can live with that.

Too many of our players this season have not been good enough. With the right management team we can once more be a force to be reckoned with.

At least next season we stand a chance of winning any game! Of course the band wagoners will wail and moan, but then they have only known us when we were in the Premiership.

To be honest I''m now starting to look forward to next season. The Championship is a far more exiting league than the PL where any team can beat each other. Hopefully an exiting season for us under the right manager pushing for another promotion. That said we are not down yet and stranger things have happened.

Don''t take it for granted Deltic. If we go down it will be the 6th relegation I have lived through. Three times we came straight back up and it was fantastic. The other three times were terrible with years of dross in between.

Deltic31

At least next season we stand a chance of winning any game! Of course the band wagoners will wail and moan, but then they have only known us when we were in the Premiership.

I wonder how many band wagoners there actually are? I remember trips to Leighton Orient not that long ago when we had a pretty good turn out.

Would be interesting to know what our home attendances were when we were in League one, certainly in the Championship there didn''t seem to be many spaces.

There are bound to be some that have only come along for he PL " experience" .Our future is now in the hands of others but if we do go down I do hope the "band waggoners" seats are taken by fans who are more interested in the club than the kudos.

It''ll be more fun on the face of it than this season, of course, but I can''t help thinking we could have been sitting where Hull, Southampton or Swansea are if we''d been more bold with our decisions since January.

Imagine we''d signed Jelavic in January or Davies in summer or Bony? Or we''d appointed Pulis.

It was always going to be a tight season for the bottom 12 or so clubs and i''d have said in summer it was pretty much random out of those who was going to drop. Fulham were very highly regarded on paper and they are finishing worse than us!

There is an overwhelming feeling that we didn''t need to be where we are, we will never know though will we.

If you don''t score goals your down, simples.

I agree whole heartedly, Jenkins. We should never have found ourselves in this position. Hughton was partly to blame but too many players were not up to the task. Hopefully we can weed out the dross.

I don''t expect next year in the Championship to be a walk in the park, and I think that we may do well to finish in the top half!

There are some good teams who missed out this year, with a sprinkling of good players among them, and teams like Wolves coming up.

For our part, I expect some of our better players to leave, plus the loan players, and it will be a difficult task to replace them, let alone add quality by replacing poorer ones.

There are signs of hope for the future, with four or more good prospects among our U21, and an academy better equipped to produce more through a pipeline. We have no external debt problems which afflict some clubs. I hope, this time, that we do the necessary rebuilding so that in a year or two we have a real prospect of promotion and stability in the Premiership.

deltic31 wrote the following post at 06/05/2014 8:42 AM:

Let''s face it, it''s going to happen.

It''s happened many times since I started supporting us, and no doubt it will happen again!

(although, hopefully, not next season!)

People of my age who started supporting city back in the old 3rd Div South days have known more promotions than relegations, thats what I call a glass half full, I to look forward to the anticipation of winning every match.

Happy to support Little old Norwich !!!!!!

I''m quite glad there is someone else on here who remembers 3rd Division South days.

It would be great to stay in the Premiership but we have not been good enough all season.

I do not comment much on here but I do read others comments regularly and in all my years of supporting City I do not think I have seen quite a diversity of opinion as there is these days.

But I do remember with fondness being stood at the back of the Barclay stand many years ago watching us trim out the Suffolk folk and ending up at the front after we scored...Magic

On The Ball City

While the relegation is somewhat galling in that it was totally avoidable given the potential of the players available, I must admit that it will be nice to get back to going to games in expectation rather than hope.