Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Fulham

I would expect NA to be looking to hit Fulham on the counter-attack so perhaps:                         Hooper Pilkington Hoolahan Snodgrass Redmond                            Tettey     Olsson  Bassong   Yobo  Martin                              Ruddy

IMO you can''t counter attack successfully with Snodgrass in the team... slows everything down.

Rvw

Pilks Hoolahan Redmond

Tetty Howson

Olsson Yobo Turner Martin

Ruddy

I always find it very difficult to pick a team or even second guess what the manager will do, although I predicted the side that I thought CH would go with for the Albion match, not what I would have chosen though.

Neil Adams will I am sure already be sussing out which players he believes are up for the fight and which are not as he will know that whats in their heads is key to get a performance and also how he sets them up too. I would be very surprised if we see any of the "youngsters" in the starting eleven and also very surprised if we see some form of in your face attacking display either.

I would put money on there being no Youth team players in that squad, except, possibly, Josh Murphy, and even then only on the bench, as we have 3 senior wingers in front of him.

What a game to introduce any Youth players to. ''Go on son, I am looking to you to save this Club and it''s £90m income"

Anyone else see Bassong walking off Saturday with a bad limp?

Anyone else see Bassong walking off Saturday with a bad limp?To be fair standing still for long periods can give you a dead leg.RuddyMartin  Yobo  Bassong  OlssonTettey Howson  JohnsonRedmond Hooper RVW

On Saturday, I would go a little bit unorthodox. And bring back one of Hughton''s forgotten men, David Fox. Cue derision.

I would line up with a back five of Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Yobo and Olsson.

In front of the back four I would have David Fox, to help us retain the ball a bit better and get some balls out to the flanks.

Ahead of him would be Bradley Johnson as the enforcer and Jonny Howson in a role where he could support the attack when necessary and help out defensively when we haven''t got the ball.

On the wings would be Redmond and Snodgrass, playing on the correct side, i.e. Redderz on the right.

Up front would be Hooper, who, when on form is our best finisher.

Another alternative would be Wes instead of Fox, operating in the hole behind the striker.

Tactically we''d be set up to retain the ball and win the midfield battle, with Howson and the two wingers providing the counter-attacking threat.