Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The Spurs and Villa Matches, are we now in a better position?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Many had us down for two defeats, so yes three points is a better position, an average of 1.5 points per game, keep that up and we will survive.....win Saturday and its game on again.......I am actually quite enjoying this season in a strange sort of way..........[/quote]
Oddly, me too.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]Many had us down for two defeats, so yes three points is a better position, an average of 1.5 points per game, keep that up and we will survive.....win Saturday and its game on again.......I am actually quite enjoying this season in a strange sort of way..........[/quote]
Oddly, me too.
[/quote]In the same way that there are folk who, oddly, quite enjoy going to dodgy back street massage parlours to be tied up and whipped black and blue........

Well, each to their own Reggie....

I do think it''s very ironic that 2 points from Spurs at home and Villa away is a result most of us would probably have accepted before playing either game.  The Spurs win was great but obviously Sunday has left most of us on a real downer, tho take a step back and we are, yes, we''re better off than I''d have expected from the 2 games.

As I see it, there is a different mentality between football fans.  At work there are quite a few Man U fans who were clearly attracted to following a team that wins all the time.  This season they have been more muted than usual about their support.  If Man U drop down a notch for a few seasons - not that I''m saying they will - I fully expect some to lose interest and find another team to support. 

Whereas City fans have normally been people who don''t follow a football team because it wins a lot.  What I think we''re seeing at the moment are fans who either joined in the Lambert era, or have forgotten what it was like before then, and have unrealistic expectations for what it''s like to follow City.  Plus of course on this board we have a few outright trolls like Thorpe End.

Well observed ICF. And thanks for the heads up re Thorpe End. Who knew?!

I''ve seen plenty of dark days since I started watching in the mid seventies. The past few years have been really good!

I do wish some on here would perform the main role of a supporter a bit more and actually support, rather than ''direct'' from the back seat.

Some very fair points there from ICF. I''m convinced that there are Manyoo ''fans'' who, if you showed them a picture of David Moyes, would not have a clue who he was !Almost all the people who post on here, of whatever view/persuasion, have one bond in common. They all care about Norwich City FC, and want to help in whatever way they think appropriate . The point about not remembering what it was like before Lambert is very salient. Because, it seems to me that there are those of us who do indeed remember those days, and even further back, and are desperately worried that under Hughton the club is going backwards, and we really do not want to flirt with even the vaguest possibility of returning to the dark days of Roeder, Grant and Gunn.

As with most things , there is a desire to pigeon hole folk . It makes it easier for others to deal with certain issues. The fact is supporting any football club is in itself open to definition . Many people living around me "supported" Ipswich a few years back. It''s all they talked about. They even got to the point where they hated Norwich. It was bizzare. Now, they have found others things to do , and even when questioned actually deny they were like that.

There will be similar supporters of Norwich. Where I sit, people come and go , all for their own reasons. I stopped going during the Hamilton era because it was just so awful, and my seat remained empty for several games. I got close the year we went down too.

Fact is , what you see in many supporters is disappointment. They are allowed to be so. they do not have to keep a stiff upper lip just because of nonsensical reasoning from other supporters[<:o)] that seem to think that everything that comes our way is to be accepted without question. I am critical of CH''s decision making . I thought we were awful against Villa and firmly believe that we could have been better if we set up differently . that''s that. My opinion. End of.

Equally, when we beat Spurs I was chuffed. More than chuffed. I hugged everyone in the Barclay Upper.

So you see, you can be happy, and disappointed , be critical , and offer praise , and not be an inner , outer,  pant wetter,  or general tw@t . [<:o)]

[quote user="GPB"]

As with most things , there is a desire to pigeon hole folk . It makes it easier for others to deal with certain issues. The fact is supporting any football club is in itself open to definition . Many people living around me "supported" Ipswich a few years back. It''s all they talked about. They even got to the point where they hated Norwich. It was bizzare. Now, they have found others things to do , and even when questioned actually deny they were like that.

There will be similar supporters of Norwich. Where I sit, people come and go , all for their own reasons. I stopped going during the Hamilton era because it was just so awful, and my seat remained empty for several games. I got close the year we went down too.

Fact is , what you see in many supporters is disappointment. They are allowed to be so. they do not have to keep a stiff upper lip just because of nonsensical reasoning from other supporters[<:o)] that seem to think that everything that comes our way is to be accepted without question. I am critical of CH''s decision making . I thought we were awful against Villa and firmly believe that we could have been better if we set up differently . that''s that. My opinion. End of.

Equally, when we beat Spurs I was chuffed. More than chuffed. I hugged everyone in the Barclay Upper.

So you see, you can be happy, and disappointed , be critical , and offer praise , and not be an inner , outer,  pant wetter,  or general tw@t . [<:o)]

[/quote]
You missed me out in the upper barclay group hug[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GPB"]

[/quote]

You missed me out in the upper barclay group hug[:(]

[/quote]

Soz Morty. It''s not like me to play hard to get [:P]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]You have a lot to say for yourself Reg, but understand little, it seems.  You read into things stuff that just isn''t there!!![/quote]
Or maybe like many of us, he doesn''t settle for second best, and half assed applied effort from the team he supports. You and co. however just shrug your shoulders and say these things happen. Do you think when the opposition beat us ''things just happen'' for them, or they show the kind of winners mentality we used to be so proud of?
Think about it.
[/quote]

You and Reg are as bad as each other for reading stuff into people''s posts that just isn''t there!  I can say "we lost a match" and "it happens" but it doesn''t mean anything other than you put it behind you and move on.   It doesn''t mean I''m not disappointed, it doesn''t mean its acceptable - it just means what I said - you move on.   You''re both like a pair of c*cks who just want to show people in the light you want them to be seen in and you  use whatever flimsy stuff you can find to justify yourselves.  Its pathetic and a waste of time trying to argue with you, because whatever is written is twisted into a way that suits your viewpoint, regardless of what is said to you. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]........ From experience this season, one of the few things we''ve been good at is following up a bad day at the office with a good one.[/quote]Sadly we''ve also been pretty good at following up a good day at the office with a bad one.........[:''(]

So if we continue to do that, we''ll beat Stoke, then lose, then win, then lose, then win and by the time we come to the final 5 games, we''ll be on 37 points and probably already safe...

[quote user="lake district canary"][You and Reg are as bad as each other for reading stuff into people''s posts that just isn''t there!  I can say "we lost a match" and "it happens" but it doesn''t mean anything other than you put it behind you and move on.   It doesn''t mean I''m not disappointed, it doesn''t mean its acceptable - it just means what I said - you move on.     Its pathetic and a waste of time trying to argue with you, because whatever is written is twisted into a way that suits your viewpoint, regardless of what is said to you. 

[/quote]That''s just the point , Lakey. Neither Seattle nor I did put in a meaning that was not there. Conversely it is YOU who is adding stuff that was not there. At no point did you say "You move on". You''ve added that bit this afternoon. I agree....if you put that in ,there is a degree of positivity to it ;a realisation that it was not acceptable, and something must change. But saying ''it happens'' is like shrugging and throwing the towel in.I''m sorry, Lakey this obsession that you have that there is some sort of conspiracy theory and people are trying to twist things just is not true. We all make posts that are our own view on things, usually without any hard evidence. I do. You do. Morty does. Everyone. But to constantly cry ''you are lying'' is just silly. I do not want to argue with you. Discuss, yes. But argue, no. However it makes it very difficult when someone comments on one of your postings, and the default reaction from you is to suggest you are being misrepresented.As in this particular case we can only go on what you actually write. Sometimes we have to read between the lines, don''t we ? But, in the main a response is judged by what is actually there in front of you. And, I''m astounded that you cannot , seemingly, even conceive that writing "We were beaten. It happens." might just be construed as defeatist, and accepting of second best.As you say. Let''s move on!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][You and Reg are as bad as each other for reading stuff into people''s posts that just isn''t there!  I can say "we lost a match" and "it happens" but it doesn''t mean anything other than you put it behind you and move on.   It doesn''t mean I''m not disappointed, it doesn''t mean its acceptable - it just means what I said - you move on.    Its pathetic and a waste of time trying to argue with you, because whatever is written is twisted into a way that suits your viewpoint, regardless of what is said to you.  [/quote]That''s just the point , Lakey. Neither Seattle nor I did put in a meaning that was not there. Conversely it is YOU who is adding stuff that was not there. At no point did you say "You move on". You''ve added that bit this afternoon. I agree....if you put that in ,there is a degree of positivity to it ;a realisation that it was not acceptable, and something must change. But saying ''it happens'' is like shrugging and throwing the towel in.I''m sorry, Lakey this obsession that you have that there is some sort of conspiracy theory and people are trying to twist things just is not true. We all make posts that are our own view on things, usually without any hard evidence. I do. You do. Morty does. Everyone. But to constantly cry ''you are lying'' is just silly. I do not want to argue with you. Discuss, yes. But argue, no. However it makes it very difficult when someone comments on one of your postings, and the default reaction from you is to suggest you are being misrepresented.As in this particular case we can only go on what you actually write. Sometimes we have to read between the lines, don''t we ? But, in the main a response is judged by what is actually there in front of you. And, I''m astounded that you cannot , seemingly, even conceive that writing "We were beaten. It happens." might just be construed as defeatist, and accepting of second best.As you say. Let''s move on![/quote]

There is no conspiracy. You do it to me and you do it to others.  I''ve pointed it out to you before but you don''t listen.  I put  something about "some  fans" and you change it to say I said "all fans" and numerous other examples.    It makes for a discussion about nothing interesting, because all a poster can do is correct you when you add something or change something  they have said - but all you do is come back with flannel and trying to cover yourself.

Excellent point by the op and ICF in particular

The manner of the capitulation in just 15 minutes was more than painful,  especially after the first 20 mins suggested that the spurs result was indeed, finally, a corner turned.   The Fer and then RvW injuries felt inconsequential when we imploded.  

Its the inconsistency that is so frustrating,  and as always it is the hope that kills you.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

There is no conspiracy. You do it to me and you do it to others.  I''ve pointed it out to you before but you don''t listen.  I put  something about "some  fans" and you change it to say I said "all fans" and numerous other examples.    It makes for a discussion about nothing interesting, because all a poster can do is correct you when you add something or change something  they have said - but all you do is come back with flannel and trying to cover yourself.

[/quote]OK Lakey. Have it your way. You always rabbit on about these numerous examples of me twisting things, but , when challenged, you never come up with the goods. Conversely, I notice you do not address the point I made above about you adding phrases into your pronouncements as you did yesterday, and on occasions before. But I suppose that''s to be expected. You just carry on in your self-righteous, lecturing way, and nothing, it seems , will make you see the error of your ways. So I''ll leave it at that. At least I tried to build bridges with you.Never mind. Observing you, Morty ,Nige and co is rather like I guess what the First Officer of the Titanic must have felt when the iceberg loomed into his view.........