Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Hughton Out

err, perhaps you could point out where I suggested appointing Adams

[quote user="Vanwink"]He will know the players and be very familiar with the set up. Could hit the ground running.Can clearly motivate players as demonstrated by his success last season, has his UAFA A licence and I think could get a reaction out of the players.

The fans would be behind him and I think you would also see a reaction at Carrow Road, all of which will help. Two or three cup final type performances is all we need I think he could lift the players and get that out of them. Afraid I can''t see that happening the way things are going with CH.[/quote]No, sorry, way too big a Gunn-esque style gamble.We''re gambling with 80 million quid here, if the board didn''t trust Hughton to see it through, they would have sacked him in December.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]A short term appointment is all we need at the moment, I think Adams could do the job till the end of the season. We need a change of system, a short term fix that will give the players more freedom to break away from the rigid structure that''s been imposed. They are capable of playing with more freedom, getting forward more, moving more off the ball and playing with less fear. The sort of bounce that we had end of last season which resulted in two great wins, that''s what we need and I just can''t see it happening under Hughton. His selection today looked like he has lost the plot and is clutching at straws. We only need somebody in charge who is going to deliver a few results, you do get a lift with a new manager however short lived that may be. It doesn''t matter for us as we only need a few results and we are safe. Reflect at the end of the season and get a new man in.[/quote]

And on what do you base Neil Adams ability to do the job exactly?

And if you say "coaching a youth team to success" I think I''ll scream.
[/quote]

Why Adams for me morty:

He''s respected by the fans.

He knows the players and the set up.

He''s respected by the board and has been promoted in jut his second season.

He''s managed to giude a good youth side to a trophy.

Hughton has proved that he is not the right man for progressing Norwich to where the board expected us to be.

We need a short term fix to galvanize the squad and with Phelan as n.2 might just pull off the miracle needed in the next 4 games.

Are you happy to gamble on keeping Hughton? given you know how he has performed and no one knows how well Adams can do?

I agree a long term appointment now is not the answer but a good alternative appoint ment might just be.

[/quote]

Appointing a youth team coach is a far bigger gamble than sticking with what we have until the end of the season.
[/quote]

It''s nothing like Gunn, Gunny had no experience at managing any teams, Adams has worked with the youth team, now the senior team too.

With Phelan as no.2 would in my mind be a firm fans favourite for teh last 4 home games and would get the backing of the crowd regardless of how the games are going at the time!

What do you think the crowd will do this Saturday should Sunderland score first? it''s going to be poisenous for Hughton and not good for the team.

You have not said why you want to stick with hughton morty, so I''ve said why a change would be good but why should we stick with a failing manager who gets our teams playing such rubbish and not getting the improvement or results?

Couldn''t agree more about the Gunn analogy. Adams has not much more relevant experience than Gunn had and if you recall, there were plenty of hard-core supporters thinking what a great choice Gunny was.

I am not saying a change should not have been made at one of the appropriate times in October or December/January but I certainly feel that now is too late. We must stick with what we have, get behind them and pray for the best part of a miracle.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

It''s too late to change the manager. The team haven''t given up. We''re not out of it, in any sense, yet.

but we desperately, desperately need someone to start putting some of our chances away.[/quote]

Agree with everything you say in your post, Ron and the above imo echoes the reality of the situation quite succinctly.  

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]A short term appointment is all we need at the moment, I think Adams could do the job till the end of the season. We need a change of system, a short term fix that will give the players more freedom to break away from the rigid structure that''s been imposed. They are capable of playing with more freedom, getting forward more, moving more off the ball and playing with less fear. The sort of bounce that we had end of last season which resulted in two great wins, that''s what we need and I just can''t see it happening under Hughton. His selection today looked like he has lost the plot and is clutching at straws. We only need somebody in charge who is going to deliver a few results, you do get a lift with a new manager however short lived that may be. It doesn''t matter for us as we only need a few results and we are safe. Reflect at the end of the season and get a new man in.[/quote]And on what do you base Neil Adams ability to do the job exactly?And if you say "coaching a youth team to success" I think I''ll scream.[/quote]

Why Adams for me morty:

Hughton has proved that he is not the right man for progressing Norwich to where the board expected us to be.

We need a short term fix to galvanize the squad and with Phelan as n.2 might just pull off the miracle needed in the next 4 games.

Are you happy to gamble on keeping Hughton? given you know how he has performed and no one knows how well Adams can do?

I agree a long term appointment now is not the answer but a good alternative appoint ment might just be.

[/quote]Appointing a youth team coach is a far bigger gamble than sticking with what we have until the end of the season.[/quote]

It''s nothing like Gunn, Gunny had no experience at managing any teams, Adams has worked with the youth team, now the senior team too.

With Phelan as no.2 would in my mind be a firm fans favourite for teh last 4 home games and would get the backing of the crowd regardless of how the games are going at the time!

What do you think the crowd will do this Saturday should Sunderland score first? it''s going to be poisenous for Hughton and not good for the team.

You have not said why you want to stick with hughton morty, so I''ve said why a change would be good but why should we stick with a failing manager who gets our teams playing such rubbish and not getting the improvement or results?

[/quote]We''re not relegated yet, we''re not even in the bottom three, have we been all season?I''m not some blind idiot, as some may like to think, its obvious something has to change in the summer, but I think he''ll do enough to get us over the line, and peoples logic of "well (insert name here) couldn''t do any worse just isn''t logic, its desperate knee jerking.He''ll do enough, and our home form will keep us up.

And why would Phelan, with his impressive CV at a huge club, agree to be junior to a youth team manager with no experience.

Honestly some people on here do not inhabit planet earth. The other way around maybe!! And I for one would go for it

No manager would be interested in taking us on for the rest of the season, unless for an extraordinary amount of money.And it would have to be someone who isn''t working right now.And good managers are usually working..Work it out people.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Vanwink"]A short term appointment is all we need at the moment, I think Adams could do the job till the end of the season. We need a change of system, a short term fix that will give the players more freedom to break away from the rigid structure that''s been imposed. They are capable of playing with more freedom, getting forward more, moving more off the ball and playing with less fear. The sort of bounce that we had end of last season which resulted in two great wins, that''s what we need and I just can''t see it happening under Hughton. His selection today looked like he has lost the plot and is clutching at straws. We only need somebody in charge who is going to deliver a few results, you do get a lift with a new manager however short lived that may be. It doesn''t matter for us as we only need a few results and we are safe. Reflect at the end of the season and get a new man in.[/quote]

And on what do you base Neil Adams ability to do the job exactly?

And if you say "coaching a youth team to success" I think I''ll scream.
[/quote]

Why Adams for me morty:

[/quote]

Appointing a youth team coach is a far bigger gamble than sticking with what we have until the end of the season.
[/quote]

[/quote]

We''re not relegated yet, we''re not even in the bottom three, have we been all season?

I''m not some blind idiot, as some may like to think, its obvious something has to change in the summer, but I think he''ll do enough to get us over the line, and peoples logic of "well (insert name here) couldn''t do any worse just isn''t logic, its desperate knee jerking.

He''ll do enough, and our home form will keep us up.
[/quote]

That''s not a reason just optimism..........do you really think the supporters will get behind Hughton if we go a goal down next week and yes we have been in the bottom 3 this season. The fact is that we don''t want to be after the last week of the seaosn.

Gunn never managed the youth side to the FA cup and was not a serior coach, Adams on his own is a no no, buut Adams with Phelan is a yes for me. If you need stiches to heal a cut you can''t keep using a plaster, you need to take drastic steps before you run out of games.

That''s just my view morty, Hughton has just not clicked with the fans or the teams he has had since day 1, time is up and now before we have to start again in the Championship with less to offer to the next manager.

Well I disagree with your view.And the fans have been fine at home this season.Now is not the time to make a change.

no experience ?no connection to the club or knowledge of the first team squadno managerial experiencenot even have played in the top tier eitherabsolutely diddley squat

......... or maybe that''s his distractors on here

[quote user="morty"]Well I disagree with your view.

And the fans have been fine at home this season.

Now is not the time to make a change.
[/quote]

Sorry Morty did you not go last week against Stoke? there was unrest with the subs and at the end clear booing and that after a 1-1 draw, now we have just lost again at a whimper, do you really think the fans will be OK going a goal down next week?

That said the way Hughton gets results when needed we might just beat Sunderland! But if not I think it''s the Championship for us regardless of who is in charge thereafter.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"]Well I disagree with your view.And the fans have been fine at home this season.Now is not the time to make a change.[/quote]

Sorry Morty did you not go last week against Stoke? there was unrest with the subs and at the end clear booing and that after a 1-1 draw, now we have just lost again at a whimper, do you really think the fans will be OK going a goal down next week?

That said the way Hughton gets results when needed we might just beat Sunderland! But if not I think it''s the Championship for us regardless of who is in charge thereafter.

[/quote]Yes I did go, and there was an idiot minority booing. Yes, I think the majority of fans see how stupid booing is, and realise the importance of next weeks game.

We will see Morty, we will see. fingers crossed for a comfortable win whoever incharge come next week.

fans have been ''fine'' because most are aware of hwo fragile things are and no one wants to be responsibly for making things worse, but you would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to know what virtually every fan thinksHughton needs to gomy fear is that if enough do ''kick off'' then it might be like a dam bursting as up till now relegation was a fear for the futurewhereas now it is becoming more and more a certainty

City1st wrote the following post at 15/03/2014 9:16 PM:

We do not have "the worst strike force in the division"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Name a worse one.

[quote user="ron obvious"]City1st wrote the following post at 15/03/2014 9:16 PM:

Name a worse one.[/quote]I imagine West Brom run us close with Berahino, Sessegnon and Anichebe.  Awful.

Those strikers have scored 3, 2 & 4 league goals - 2 more than our top 3.

They had Anelka until recently as well ...

[quote user="ron obvious"]City1st wrote the following post at 15/03/2014 9:16 PM:

Name a worse one.[/quote]

errr, I think you''ll find that the onus is on you to prove your point

[quote user="ron obvious"]Those strikers have scored 3, 2 & 4 league goals - 2 more than our top 3.

They had Anelka until recently as well ...[/quote]Well it''s one of two things, either A)  a scandalous waste of money from Hughton, or B) the cautious, sit on one goal, play for a 0-0 attitude meaning no striker will score many for us under the current regimeI think it is probably reason B.

OK

Fulham have Bent

Cardiff have Jones, Campbell & Bellamy

Sunderland have Johnson & Borini

Palace have Gayle & Chamakh

That covers the teams around us. Those above I''ll leave you to consider.

All of the above, even if not prolific strikers, have the ability to occasionally do something a bit special. I would say none are worse than Hooper (in fact probably all better) & all more effective than RvW.

[quote user="ron obvious"]OK

Fulham have Bent

Cardiff have Jones, Campbell & Bellamy

Sunderland have Johnson & Borini

Palace have Gayle & Chamakh

That covers the teams around us. Those above I''ll leave you to consider.

All of the above, even if not prolific strikers, have the ability to occasionally do something a bit special. I would say none are worse than Hooper (in fact probably all better) & all more effective than RvW.[/quote]that does not prove yoiur claim - it merely lists your opinion of some players ... that''s all

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ron obvious"]Those strikers have scored 3, 2 & 4 league goals - 2 more than our top 3.

They had Anelka until recently as well ...[/quote]Well it''s one of two things, either A)  a scandalous waste of money from Hughton, or B) the cautious, sit on one goal, play for a 0-0 attitude meaning no striker will score many for us under the current regimeI think it is probably reason B.[/quote]

It''s goals that matter not who scores them. West Brom have scored 9 more goals and conceded 5 less

You cannot "prove" any claim of such a nature.

You''re right, it''s a matter of opinion as to who is best suited to taking scoring chances &/or changing the game in a Prem league match. I am still of the opinion that RvW & Hooper are the worst in that capacity.

[quote user="ron obvious"]CJF, I think it''s more a case of a gamble - a decent one we all thought would work - that didn''t come off.[/quote]Then it is crap signings... poor judgment...  badly spent funds....  I actually think you are wrong.  How can a striker score lots of goals when the manager regularly settles for 0-0 draws and sits on 1 goal leads?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ron obvious"]CJF, I think it''s more a case of a gamble - a decent one we all thought would work - that didn''t come off.[/quote]Then it is crap signings... poor judgment...  badly spent funds....  I actually think you are wrong.  How can a striker score lots of goals when the manager regularly settles for 0-0 draws and sits on 1 goal leads?[/quote]Or he has had to cut his cloth accordingly, due to strikers who can''t score?

Problem is its not 1 or 2 strikers who have lost form - it is every striker we have had since Hughton took over. This suggests tactics more than anything