Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Gloat.....

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Wow what a reaction to a tongue in cheek post.

I love NCFC. I will support it whatever and through thick and thin.

This forum is not a true representation of the majority. It is used by a few and tends to highlight radical and extreme views.

I have always backed the club and the manager. And will continue to do so.

The abuse I and others get for being supportive of our manager is unwarranted.

I am Gloating at those on here that give me that abuse and at the Spurs fans who go running back home with their tales between their legs.

Lest all just enjoy the ride as no matter what we aill all be here agin next year behind our team but devided as usual .[/quote]
It''d be nice to see a level of consistency that gets rid of that division though! Agree with the rest [Y]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You have lost me again Seattle, not sure why you would be unhappy at somebody gloating because Norwich won......[/quote]
Because they aren''t making it about the win. Its about using the win a tool to be petty.

[/quote]

Who are the "they"? Who are "you lot"?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You have lost me again Seattle, not sure why you would be unhappy at somebody gloating because Norwich won......[/quote]
Because they aren''t making it about the win. Its about using the win a tool to be petty.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Gloaters in general on both accounts, from both the so called ''inner'' and ''outer'' camps. I hate gloaters.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Whereas using a defeat as a tool to gloat is acceptable?......[/quote]
Most definitely not, as it is at the expense of the club doing badly. I do not like gloating, its pointless and childish.

Nobody who''s a fan gloats over a loss. That''s where you guys attacking SC''s comments are way off base. He''s obviously very passionate about the team and has made it clear on many occasions he doesn''t take any satisfaction from losses. Likewise myself, although most of the criticism directed at me (which isnt a lot) is usually geography and ignorance based. And political.

But anyways, if your gloating at either of us, you''re barking up the wrong tree. I would love for CH to succeed at Norwich. But the last 18 months have made that look unlikely, although subs at West Ham aside, we do seem to have turned a big corner these last 4 games.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]You have lost me again Seattle, not sure why you would be unhappy at somebody gloating because Norwich won......[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Gloaters in general on both accounts, from both the so called ''inner'' and ''outer'' camps. I hate gloaters.

[/quote]

So who are they?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]

[/quote]

So who are they?

[/quote]
Morty mostly on this thread. KTF for starting it, and anybody else who feels the need to be so petty as to use todays result to get the boot in for an ''I told you so'' - Which isn''t justified on either a pro or against Hughton argument until after the 38 games, if ever.

I have never doubted Chris Hughton or the team since the day he arrived. I always believed he had the ability to take us forward. Having said that it hasn''t been an easy process and the ride is a bumpy one with many a disappointment on the way.

I disagree with the outers but I can understand where they are coming from as sometimes the performances have been really dire. But for me the problem has been one of inconsistency because there are times when we are a match for any team in this league. And against Man City and Tottenham we have proved we can match the best for the full ninety minutes.

I''m not sure why Seattle Canary takes so much flak as there are some really idiotic posters who seem to abuse Hughton on a personal level in order to gain attention as much as anything. SC gets attacked, I think, because he is an articulate young man who is not afraid to say what he thinks, whereas some of the others are plainly so dumb they''re not wort responding to.

The good news is that in the past half-dozen games or so our good performances have improved and we''re maintaining a consistency that before often saw our confidence drain away in matches.

A lot of the criticism of CH has been about the style of football served up. That has also improved. We are getting forward better than before, creating more chances, Tightened up at the back (not conceded a goal at home this year) and having better possession statistics. Goal-scoring is still a problem and our strikers need to work really hard as they undoubtedly have the ability but need to find the key to unlock that potential.

So no gloating from here. Some fools took it too far with personal abuse of the manager but the outers had valid criticisms about the performance and results in some games and they are entitled to their opinions.

I felt Chris Hughton needed time to get things working and time is a very precious commodity in the Premier League. The hope now is that the team keep working hard to improve all the way through to the end of the season because I feel there is still unrealised potential in the team and it is becoming to shine through.

Still, a long way to go and there''s going to be a lot more twists and turns before we''re done. There''ll be disappointments and celebrations along the way. But to be honest, this is much more fun than mid-table safety.

Who ever would have imagine David McNally in tears after a game?

OTBC

Very kind words RTB [Y]
I appreciate everything you said, and wish a lot of posters would take a leaf out of your book when representing themselves on this forum.
Here''s to a successful run in! 

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Very kind words RTB [Y]

I appreciate everything you said, and wish a lot of posters would

take a leaf out of your book when representing themselves on this

forum.

Here''s to a successful run in! 
[/quote]

Do you include yourself in that "lot of posters" or is that just another

"you lot" and "they" which you can''t even back up with names? Or how much better

than "them lot" do you actually rate yourself[:^)]

Rock the Boat said

I have never doubted Chris Hughton or the team since the day he arrived. I always believed he had the ability to take us forward. Having said that it hasn''t been an easy process and the ride is a bumpy one with many a disappointment on the way.

I disagree with the outers but I can understand where they are coming from as sometimes the performances have been really dire. But for me the problem has been one of inconsistency because there are times when we are a match for any team in this league. And against Man City and Tottenham we have proved we can match the best for the full ninety minutes.

I''m not sure why Seattle Canary takes so much flak as there are some really idiotic posters who seem to abuse Hughton on a personal level in order to gain attention as much as anything. SC gets attacked, I think, because he is an articulate young man who is not afraid to say what he thinks, whereas some of the others are plainly so dumb they''re not wort responding to.

The good news is that in the past half-dozen games or so our good performances have improved and we''re maintaining a consistency that before often saw our confidence drain away in matches.

A lot of the criticism of CH has been about the style of football served up. That has also improved. We are getting forward better than before, creating more chances, Tightened up at the back (not conceded a goal at home this year) and having better possession statistics. Goal-scoring is still a problem and our strikers need to work really hard as they undoubtedly have the ability but need to find the key to unlock that potential.

So no gloating from here. Some fools took it too far with personal abuse of the manager but the outers had valid criticisms about the performance and results in some games and they are entitled to their opinions.

I felt Chris Hughton needed time to get things working and time is a very precious commodity in the Premier League. The hope now is that the team keep working hard to improve all the way through to the end of the season because I feel there is still unrealised potential in the team and it is becoming to shine through.

Still, a long way to go and there''s going to be a lot more twists and turns before we''re done. There''ll be disappointments and celebrations along the way. But to be honest, this is much more fun than mid-table safety.

Who ever would have imagine David McNally in tears after a game?

Good post. Pretty much sums up my views on this apart from the bit about midtable being less fun!

I am the first to admit I knocked Yobo and he has proved me wrong, I have been moening that there is a lack of effort passion and organisation well that''s not the case over the past 4 games (bar 10 minutes of West Spam) and I have been bored by premiership football!!!!!!!BUT that all changed on Sunday! what a game, great result and even better the players wanted it for the manager!

I have been gloating this morning to one Spud and two binners!!!! now they won''t respond!

Do I think Hughton is the right man just because we have the start of a team, one which plays football and looks like they want to play? Yes but Hughton has to get them doing this for the last 11 games, even if we do lose the last 11 games if they play with this passion and organisation who can complain? Not me! I actually enjoyed the game start to finish!

You lot can argue amogst yourselves like you do every week for me this is a rare and exciting momnet a Monday with a big post match smile on my face!!!!!!! Well don Mr Hughton & the players. Even nice to see Wes get 10 minutes.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] 

"you lot" and "they" which you can''t even back up with names? Or how much better

[/quote]
Petty, rehashing questions I''ve already explained. Looks like you at least fit the bill at this particular moment in time anyway ol fella! [;)]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] 

[/quote]
Petty, rehashing questions I''ve already explained. Looks like you at least fit the bill at this particular moment in time anyway ol fella! [;)]

[/quote]

OK I''ll help you out. You certainly do not take a leaf out of RTB''s book when representing yourself on this forum. You were obnoxious on the thread where we first crossed swords and I''ve been obnoxious with you ever since. I don''t pretend to be a model poster. I''m always happy to play as close to the gutter as the other guy wants to go. But even when I''m down there with you I remain honest. Something you struggle to do.

OK I''ll help you out. You certainly do not take a leaf out of RTB''s book when representing yourself on this forum. You were obnoxious on the thread where we first crossed swords and I''ve been obnoxious with you ever since. I don''t pretend to be a model poster. I''m always happy to play as close to the gutter as the other guy wants to go. But even when I''m down there with you I remain honest. Something you struggle to do.

[/quote]
Acting deluded when referring to yourself, isn''t "helping me out". Haha! You aren''t honest, and have this nasty way of intricately twisting the things people say and do to suit yourself, whilst raising pointless questions in order just to have a fight for the sake of it. You are still doing it now, when no one else does, because you truly have nothing better to do. Your turn to flounce off!

Oh Nigel, you and Mortimer do give me a good laugh. You''re like 2 old whiners sat on a porch front complaining when ever the next door neighbours kids'' football lands on your front garden.
I''d kick the ball on the lawn just to pi$$ those old gits off after a while to have a good laugh to myself. I''m the next door neighbour, my posts are the ball, whinge away...... [:P]

It''s funny what images we get when we imagine other posters. This is how I imagine you and Reggie chewing the fat...

It''s funny what images we get when we imagine other posters. This is how I imagine you and Reggie chewing the fat...

[/quote]
Admittedly not my favourite outfit, but everything else was in the wash that day [;)]
Here''s you in my mind
You clearly had all your clothes in the wash that day. But I feel the image truly captures the essence of your personality. Not to mention the lighting is great at this angle. Who is your photographer?

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
Admittedly not my favourite outfit, but everything else was in the wash that day [;)]
Here''s you in my mind
You clearly had all your clothes in the wash that day. But I feel the image truly captures the essence of your personality. Not to mention the lighting is great at this angle. Who is your photographer?

[/quote]

Can''t begin to imagine your search history. I''m not flouncing off but maybe you''re a little too deep in the gutter....

Internet Perv. Um. yea... ASL at first glance for me, is Amarican Sign Launguge. Found this really confusing for 30 seconds O_o