Sign in to follow this  
rowdyman

head not heart can we survive ?

Can we survive- sure. Will we survive? Hand on heart I fear the worst. That''s based on what I see on the pitch where we seem only to win if we get an abject opponent or at least one having an off day.

I still shudder when I think how awful we looked against West Ham in that first half, and that game was our best win so far this season!

It looks like less than 40 points will be needed. Looking at the fixtures I can see us getting about 36 (+2 or -2). The question is whether that will be enough. I tend to think it will...but only just. I don''t see us getting anything from the last 5 games - but there are always a few odd results at the end of the season. The next 5 weeks will decide our fate IMO. If we can beat Hull and Cardiff that will go a long way. We desperately need to win a game - for confidence - that''s why tomorrow night is more important than some think.

[quote user="rowdyman"]Stats are that stats, the reality is we spent 26 mill and the team are no better than last year and maybe could even be worse by end of season. Ok we have won twice away from home but imo, thats not good enough with the players we have nor is 50 percent win rate against teams around us, Last year our 10 match unbeaten run saved us, this year we never look like going on a decent run. We go a goal down we never look like recovering to win, whats our stats on that this season Ricardo, not a dig pal a geniune question. As i have said i am a city fan and i want us to stay up bigtime just cannot make an argument for it happening.[/quote]Seems like Nutty Nigel found the answer to that for you. We are equal 9th best at gaining points from a losing position. Cardiff are equal to us but everyone else in and around us in the league appears to be worse.Who''da thunk it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="rowdyman"]Stats are that stats, the reality is we spent 26 mill and the team are no better than last year and maybe could even be worse by end of season. Ok we have won twice away from home but imo, thats not good enough with the players we have nor is 50 percent win rate against teams around us, Last year our 10 match unbeaten run saved us, this year we never look like going on a decent run. We go a goal

down we never look like recovering to win, whats our stats on that this season Ricardo, not a dig pal a geniune question
. As i have said i am a city fan and i want us to stay up bigtime just cannot make an argument for it happening.[/quote]Seems like Nutty Nigel found the answer to that for you. We are equal 9th best at gaining points from a losing position. Cardiff are equal to us but everyone else in and around us in the league appears to be worse.Who''da thunk it.[/quote]

As i thought though not that clever tbh. just because others are crxp too does not make us good just mean we are in a bad bunch. its our fixture list that bothers me most tbh getting 20 points from them will be a push imo.

[quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="rowdyman"]Stats are that stats, the reality is we spent 26 mill and the team are no better than last year and maybe could even be worse by end of season. Ok we have won twice away from home but imo, thats not good enough with the players we have nor is 50 percent win rate against teams around us, Last year our 10 match unbeaten run saved us, this year we never look like going on a decent run. We go a goal

down we never look like recovering to win, whats our stats on that this season Ricardo, not a dig pal a geniune question
. As i have said i am a city fan and i want us to stay up bigtime just cannot make an argument for it happening.[/quote]Seems like Nutty Nigel found the answer to that for you. We are equal 9th best at gaining points from a losing position. Cardiff are equal to us but everyone else in and around us in the league appears to be worse.Who''da thunk it.[/quote]

As i thought though not that clever tbh. just because others are crxp too does not make us good just mean we are in a bad bunch. its our fixture list that bothers me most tbh getting 20 points from them will be a push imo.[/quote]We are certainly in a bad bunch and I agree that we don''t look like getting another 20 points but it is my belief that we won''t have to. I think there may be as many as six or seven teams who don''t get 40 points and 36 or even lower could be the cut off point.You are right to be worried, everyone should be. It will be tight until the end but I never expected anything different.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="rowdyman"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="rowdyman"]Stats are that stats, the reality is we spent 26 mill and the team are no better than last year and maybe could even be worse by end of season. Ok we have won twice away from home but imo, thats not good enough with the players we have nor is 50 percent win rate against teams around us, Last year our 10 match unbeaten run saved us, this year we never look like going on a decent run. We go a goal

As i thought though not that clever tbh. just because others are crxp too does not make us good just mean we are in a bad bunch. its our fixture list that bothers me most tbh getting 20 points from them will be a push imo.[/quote]We are certainly in a bad bunch and I agree that we don''t look like getting another 20 points but it is my belief that we won''t have to. I think there may be as many as six or seven teams who don''t get 40 points and 36 or even lower could be the cut off point.You are right to be worried, everyone should be. It will be tight until the end but I never expected anything different.[/quote]

So with 26 mill spent you did not expect better bud, i hope you are right and city do stay up but i see no momentum whatsoever to suggest it will happen but i hope i am proved totally wrong and we finish tenth.

[quote user="rowdyman"] So with 26 mill spent you did not expect better bud, i hope you are right and city do stay up but i see no momentum whatsoever to suggest it will happen but i hope i am proved totally wrong and we finish tenth.[/quote]No because you have to spend that sort of money just to stand still plus everyone else is spending as well. It will never be easy for us in this league.

Easy.

All the negatives are heart views on what might happen based on understandable fears and views of the manager''s character.

Any rational approach looking at the season so far has to conclude that we will survive given our results, our squad and the other teams in the relegation fight.

Rubbish , Sunderland just thumped Fulham 1-4 could anybody see City beating Fulham away , same with the Hammers away win at Cardiff , we will not get anything when we go to Wales . Other teams are starting to win games , you would not back City to beat a Championship side right now .Somebody was discussing the drop zone on Sky Sports news this morning and picked City as prime candidates to go down , do not score and always concede , thats us to a tee .

I have always thought that we would stay up - and still do, but my oh my it is looking like it might be tight now and the first serious doubts are creeping in. I think the quality of our squad is definitely good enough, but that is no guarantee.

We won''t survive under Chris Hughton. The board have bottled it and are probably hoping we limp over the line and reassess the situation, but by then it will be too late.

I saw how clueless we were at times against Everton and was relegation football if ever there was.

How Hughton is still being backed by some fans I''m struggling to understand. How much proof do you need?

Watching Norwich City used to be a pleasure, now its a chore.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Easy.

All the negatives are heart views on what might happen based on understandable fears and views of the manager''s character.

Any rational approach looking at the season so far has to conclude that we will survive given our results, our squad and the other teams in the relegation fight.[/quote]What complete and utter twaddle, Cambs.Do you get off on making this garbage up ?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Rubbish , Sunderland just thumped Fulham 1-4 could anybody see City beating Fulham away , same with the Hammers away win at Cardiff , we will not get anything when we go to Wales . Other teams are starting to win games , you would not back City to beat a Championship side right now .Somebody was discussing the drop zone on Sky Sports news this morning and picked City as prime candidates to go down , do not score and always concede , thats us to a tee . [/quote]

Yet WBrom and Cardiff have won one game in the last eleven. WHam one in eight, Sunderland two in ten, Fulham three in thirteen. Where are they all doing so much better than our three in eleven. The truth is that they are not doing better than us and in many cases doing much worse.

I honestly can see us detached from the relegation dogfight when we come to the unholy finale:

Fulham A

Liverpool H

ManU A

Chelsea A

Arsenal H

If that is the case ... God help us (especially if the race for the title is as close as it is now).

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I honestly can see us detached from the relegation dogfight when we come to the unholy finale:

Fulham A

Liverpool H

ManU A

Chelsea A

Arsenal H

If that is the case ... God help us (especially if the race for the title is as close as it is now).[/quote]

CAN''T!!!

(makes ALL the difference to my post!)

Why should we worry, as by the reckoning elsewhere there''s a good chance that some of the top five clubs listed will supposedly be sitting in deckchairs as one of them will have won the title by thenThere is however a snag with that absurd and baseless cliche .... the other team, FulhamDid we not go there some years back when by this reckoning they should have been buying ice cream or some such twaddle ?perhaps one of these ''beach'' boys could remind us of what happened