Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Becchio

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I admire Becchio for remaining tight-lipped and retaining his dignity.......Other out of favours squeal like spoilt brats..... [/quote]

Totally agree, surely some players want to be ....players and are not in it just to be footballers ?

Surely after wes''s woeful performance last night, Bechio should at least be considered for that position. He has all the neccessary skill set. . . and if he wont show hunger after nearly a year on the bench then maybe there lies the problem. He was a decent player before he came to us, surely he didnt leave all his ability on a coat hook in the leeds dressing room. Ch must really not fancy him as a player, but now injuries may force CH''s hand and the reshuffle may get LB some game time.....i hope he rises to the occasion ,if given the chance. Ps Leeds fans would take him back in heartbeat. I''d rather have i''m here playing well .

Hughton has said there is no problem with Becchio and that he has been very unfortunate not to be given a chance. Besides, Grant Holt was regarded by Lambert as being terrible in training.A problem for Becchio will be that he hasn''t played much since January as there have been a lack of reserve games.Therefore, he is likely to need some games before he can really show what he can do.I am amazed that Hooper was risked coming on as a sub late in the game when the team were losing 3-0 away to Man Utd. It is just the sort of decision that concerns me about Hughton.I think Becchio should be considered in the Howson/Elmander/Wes position. He can make a pass like Wes but can also score goals and is quite strong. His movement around the box would help to create space for RvW or Hooper.

Becchio said:

“I know other teams wanted me and went to Norwich but they shut the door on those possible moves and said I had to stay,” Becchio told The Mirror. “I thought that meant they wanted me but it doesn’t look that way now.

“When you’re not happy in your job, you sometimes take the problems home. Your family can feel you are not happy and they suffer too.

“If I’m not helping the team, what’s the point in me staying? I can’t figure it out at all.”

You have to feel for Becchio because he is a proven goalscorer who probably feels he could change a game yet is made to sit twiddling his thumbs week in week out. Give the guy a chance,he can''t be any worse than we have.

It actually makes me feel quite cross that we bring in a player with a good reputation and reduce him to this state. He is not the first under this regime. We all, including him, know that he is behind RvW and Hooper but surely he should have been given a run out in some matches. It doesn''t seem a great way to keep a squad motivated, happy and pulling together if some are so disaffected through little fault of their own. With no match practice it is not going to get any better either and if or when he does get a chance it will take a while to adjust back in.

[quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]You have to feel for Becchio because he is a proven goalscorer who probably feels he could change a game yet is made to sit twiddling his thumbs week in week out. Give the guy a chance,he can''t be any worse than we have.[/quote]

We could have kept Morison on the bench and saved some money, When ever we played Leeds, L B was the player I hoped wouldn''t be playing he was always a danger man, come on as sub 3 min to go what happens ?bang goal

It just goes to prove that some of the guff spouted by Hughton has to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

If what Becchio says was, in fact, said in the summer, then I''d take it to mean that I''d only be getting a chance if there were injuries and/or a run of poor form/lack of goals.

LB, seems to have accepted that, but, guess what, there have been injuries AND a poor run of form, , but still he does not even get a look in.

What sort of message does that give out for strikers who are offered a NCFC contract by Hughton ? Not to mention the fact that the style of play is not really conducive to being a striker ?!

Look, Becchio may be brilliant. He may be rubbish. The thing is, we just don''t know . Why ? And why was he signed in the first place? There''s only one man who can answer those questions.

Finally he speaks out! About time he did, Hughtons treatment of him has been shocking! If he isn''t good enough, why is he still here, and if he''s needed, why hasn''t he played? It''s not as if our current strikers are producing the goods. I hope he gets a game at the weekend now, i really do, up front with Hooper.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Finally he speaks out! About time he did, Hughtons treatment of him has been shocking! If he isn''t good enough, why is he still here, and if he''s needed, why hasn''t he played? It''s not as if our current strikers are producing the goods. I hope he gets a game at the weekend now, i really do, up front with Hooper.[/quote]

Between you me an the goal post I would have thought that this week end would be the perfect time to start him upfront with Hooper.

Morty wrote :

But for Becchio read David Fox, Wes Hoolahan etc. When we are playing badly a lot of people grasp onto something like this and see it as an answer. And invariably the cold hard truth of it is, the player isn''t just quite good enough perhaps.

Hoolahan not quite good enough ??? One of the best players this clubs ever had - not quite good enough ???

sounds like someones torn you a new one & you''re talking out of it

[quote user="Six Pack"]Morty wrote :

But for Becchio read David Fox, Wes Hoolahan etc. When we are playing badly a lot of people grasp onto something like this and see it as an answer. And invariably the cold hard truth of it is, the player isn''t just quite good enough perhaps.

Hoolahan not quite good enough ??? One of the best players this clubs ever had - not quite good enough ???

sounds like someones torn you a new one & you''re talking out of it[/quote]

Agreed.

If he''s not quite good enough then Hughton shouldn''t have bought him in the first place. And he shouldn''t be in the squad either, the manager should sell him and bring in someone who is good enough. As far as I am concerned you should be motivating and energising your squad, not undermining it.

The difference between Becchio and, Fox, Hoolahan and all the other players Morty mentioned (albeit some weeks ago !), is that they have all been given a chance. We and the manager have seen them in a match situation (training sessions are not the same thing) . They were given a fair crack of the whip by both Lambert and in some cases Hughton, and mainly deemed to be not good enough.

But that''s not the case with Becchio. In short, he''s a completely unknown quantity. But that does not excuse his treatment, does it ?

Players rarely go to the press in this fashion. Holt is another but he left first. All very shoddy from CH and an embarrassment to our club. Mr Nice Guy? No explanation to the player? Sounds like Fox, Surman etc.Oh dear.

I''ve long suspected that Hughton is insincere since when he said that he wanted Culverhouse and Karsa to stay on because we apparently needed a bigger coaching staff. His treatment of Becchio just confirms what I''d previously thought.