Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

Ashton to rangers for 10million you heard it here first .

give the boy a chance to speak he said he was pleased that norwich gave him a chance

in the big time and wanted to repay the club so nows the time to repay and stay

4 million your having a laugh he''s worth 20 times that to take a club back up

i want the club to hold on to him let greeno  go his harts not in it pay ash what his on

to keep him happy  as for leon i really would like him to stay i think he can only get better

but i think his sights are somewhat high and would go all in all not a good week for the club i fear

[quote]So this morning we see that Norwich are refusing to dismiss rumours that Rangers will make a £4M bid! £4M!!??? No bloody way. If sold Deano for that I would hit the bloody roof. Why don''t we take ...[/quote]

Damn right DD! If we sell Ashton over the summer, it would be one of the most pointless transfer exercises in history! There would be hardly any profit in the short term, and we have other players that could go instead.

Francis for one could be sold for a tidy amount, as could Green if he really wanted to...and as we were expecting them to be potential departures, it wouldn''t be the end of the world as they can be replaced. 

You could also look at it that they have not changed their "no one will be sold" stance and that in probably the lowest news week of the season, the press are looking to make a story out of nothing. Im not sure the now scottish champions would want to spend their entire transfer kitty, on a still relatively unproven player.

Where did this rumour come from anyway? I''ve only seen it on the pinkun news page and this thread which is probably where they got their story from.

Well guys i did tell you this a few days ago so maybe a few apology''s would not go amiss as far as some of you saying i was talking rubbish i''ll only post such things if i am confident of the source and mine is concrete . Like i said this offer is real make no mistake about that and for more than 4 million i''m sure of that lets hope the club turn them down flat.

[quote]Actually, Johnson has had a £10mil price tag slapped on.[/quote]

No he hasn''t.  Gera has had a £10mil price tag put on him by Robson.  Jordan has said Johnson isn''t for sale at any price:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=277022&CPID=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Jordan+fires+Johnson+warning&channel=Premiership

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/4553649.stm

[quote]Well done barclayendboy! You''ve made the title story on the Pink''un. A silly figment of your imagination wastes NCFC press time and ours on here.[/quote]

Whatever, but it ain''t a figment of my imagination as you seem to think or is it? maybe you know the real facts if so congratulations and i will not write such outrageous posts ever again i would hate to upset you brum uni canary i mean fancy wasting all the forum members time i''m so sorry guys please forgive me for wasting your time and i will be write a letter to ncfc press office regarding my outrageous comments on this board which ultimately lead to the edp writing a lead story in there back page and in so doing also wasted there time .

[quote]Come on Brum Uni Boy, tell him that your Dad is bigger than his Dad.[/quote]

Class! 

Made me chuckle on Monday afternoon.

If you want to shoot me down, you can take Rick Waghorn down too!

"Genuine bemusement was the reaction of Carrow Road officials today to overnight reports linking Glasgow giants Rangers to a £4 million swoop for Norwich City striker Dean Ashton.

Publically, the club stuck fast to its long-standing policy of refusing to comment on transfer speculation. In private, the suggestion was that that the “Ashton for Ibrox” claim was further evidence that the silly season of wild rumour and unfounded speculation was now upon us."

There''s no point comparing fathers, or anything else for that matter coz I don''t care for that kind of one-upmanship.

Aren''t we the ones predominantly ''guilty'' for starting this particular rumour and for further giving it credance..?
Can''t really see that we can complain when the rumour gets picked up by the local press and subsequently makes it''s way to the national press then.
Newspapers and sports website press people will be trawling fan messageboards for tit-bits of gossip and transfer suggestions so we should be a bit wary of talking up certain players being tipped to move. I propse we carry on talking loudly about Francis'' impending move to Charlton and whisper a tad more softly of Ashton, Greeno and Leon''s possible immediate futures - for fear of alerting newspaper swines who could pre-empt clubs into sniffing around our star players. 

Do you honestly thing that a paper as well respected as the EDP will look at message boards as there source of transfer speculation , if you do then you are a bigger fool than i thought this is not the sun we are talking about here . Come on the club still have membership and tickets to sell they are not going to say that rangers have made a bid on our players in fear of fans not renewing memberships and season tickets.

Listen guys, this is getting really boring now, especially now its turned into a fight, complete with pink, leather handbags and hair-pulling...

Over the last few years, when have we ever had the wool pulled over our eyes just for the sake of ticket sales, etc? If people are fickle enough to not bother buying or renewing a season ticket if Ashton goes, then they''re not worthy of a ticket in the first place and can go back to Yarmouth and quietly support ManUre...

The Huckerby saga was conducted in full public, our interest in and bid on Ashton was made clear from the start... Leon, Svensson, Charlton, Safri and even Bentle - all of these we were told about in the press, and these were just the ones we got... remember public bids for Rob Hulse, Gareth Taylor, et al, a few years ago?

I know this club has history in terms of the board, but they are currently doing a better job than a lot of the "bigger", they are open and honest, and I have it on good word that any bids either made for Norwich players, or to bring players in, are put into the press as soon as they are made.

This is becoming one of the silliest of the silly seasons and it has barely begun yet... Personally, I don''t listen to any of this speculation and will not be commenting on it further, I just wanted to rant about the lack of trust and respect for our club at the moment...

Grow up people, and stop flirting!