Sign in to follow this  
SYG

So who's staying up/getting up...

Maybe Hughton is confident that Fer will allow the ''luxury'' of Fox in centre midfield. He probably felt that we lacked a bit with Johnson/Tettey partnering Fox. I definitely think that Fer and Howson will be the preferred choice as the season wears on, but there is no reason to say that Fox won''t get more of a sniff than last year if Howson plays an advanced role?

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Fox is an interesting case. He didn''t really feature last season but has played (I think) in every single game so far? That''s quite strange seeing how Hughton has been more than willing to change other positions during these friendlies (three different goalkeepers, three different right-backs, three different left-backs etc.) Maybe Hughton has started to see something in him? Or maybe Hughton always saw something in him and is now more confident in allowing Fox to take part?[/quote]
Well it was Hughton that gave Fox a two year contract, so he must see something.
He only played 10 minutes against Dorados though. 
Fox missed the last pre-season, or most of it, so perhaps Hughton is prepared to give him a chance after a full pre-season this year. 

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Fox simply didn''t fit our defensive system (my belief anyway)[/quote]
That''s kinda my belief too. 
Lambert however didn''t like Fox and Hoolahan on the pitch at the same time (in the Prem) and would usually have one or the other on the pitch. Can see why, they both offer very little defensively. 
Who knows how Hughton views Fox, or indeed Hoolahan, but would certainly suggest that Hughton has some sort of intention to use Fox next year if he has traveled to the US and given the minutes.
I really really do not rate Tettey, so if we see less of him next season then that suits me just fine. 

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Fox - Shop Window.[/quote]
Why did he leave Barnett at home then? 

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Yeah if Tettey comes on now.... this could be a different story[/quote]
I don''t think he is a terrible player to have in the squad, but has never looked Premier League to me. If anything he should be back up to Bradley Johnson next season. He isn''t bad at sitting in front of the back four but he can''t pass for sh*t and his ventures into the opposition half never amount to anything. Ever. Apart from one accidental assist (the rebound off the keeper). 

Ryan Bennett you muppet. He has looked pants/anonymous all game.
Let''s be honest, for all our fancy passing we aren''t as dangerous as Portland Timbers with Redmond/Snodgrass/Van Wolfswinkel, Howson AND Hoolahan on the pitch, and that worries me. 

I don''t think Health and Safety rules would allow us to pass bits of timber around during a Prem game !!!

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I know its only preseason but it worries me how difficult we still find it to carve out chances[/quote]Agreed, this is being played like a training session and we need to up our game soon.  Two games and zero goals so far and not a lot seen from RVW.

So far we''ve hit the crossbar once and gone narrowly wide three or four times? I think we''re doing OK on the chance front. Lets face it, this game would still be 0-0 if Ryan Bennett hadn''t played that pass.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I know its only preseason but it worries me how difficult we still find it to carve out chances[/quote]Agreed, this is being played like a training session and we need to up our game soon.  Two games and zero goals so far and not a lot seen from RVW. [/quote]
There''s a reason for that...

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I know its only preseason but it worries me how difficult we still find it to carve out chances[/quote]Agreed, this is being played like a training session and we need to up our game soon.  Two games and zero goals so far and not a lot seen from RVW. [/quote]
[/quote]Well, I wasn''t aware of that...... LOLThe midfield passing and possession is ok though

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I know its only preseason but it worries me how difficult we still find it to carve out chances[/quote]Agreed, this is being played like a training session and we need to up our game soon.  Two games and zero goals so far and not a lot seen from RVW. [/quote]
[/quote]Well, I wasn''t aware of that...... LOLThe midfield passing and possession is ok though [/quote]
Happy to inform you! [:D] [;)]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]So far we''ve hit the crossbar once and gone narrowly wide three or four times? I think we''re doing OK on the chance front. Lets face it, this game would still be 0-0 if Ryan Bennett hadn''t played that pass.[/quote]
And they have hit the post twice, so perhaps it should be 3-1? 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]So far we''ve hit the crossbar once and gone narrowly wide three or four times? I think we''re doing OK on the chance front. Lets face it, this game would still be 0-0 if Ryan Bennett hadn''t played that pass.[/quote]
And they have hit the post twice, so perhaps it should be 3-1? 
[/quote]
Maybe. Although I was more discussing how we created chances rather than them.