Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

wonder what Nigel is up to

TRANMERE manager Brian Little has poured cold water on reports Ryan Taylor is on his way to Everton.

Norwich boss Nigel Worthington claimed he had tried to sign the 20-year-old, but Taylor was set to join the Blues instead.

Little is keen to avoid a war of words with Worthington, but says he is baffled by these claims.

The Rovers manager said: "We are aware that a lot of Premier-ship clubs watched him play last season, but at this moment in time he is our player. Nothing has been agreed with anyone.

"I can''t see any substance to it. On the back of comments from another manager we have a young lad who is wondering what is going on.

"I''m surprised to see a manager making comments about a player from another club, particularly when Norwich City have never had contact with us regarding Ryan Taylor."

Little accepts that interest in Taylor and Rovers'' other starlets is bound to continue.

"We have a group of young players who should be attracting attention from the top," he said.

whats the game Nigel......bluffing....or too much of Delias Sherry

That''s very odd.  Someone must be lying.  "Norwich City have never had contact with us regarding Ryan Taylor."  It would be a bit of a strange thing to claim if we had, but also Nige would look a prat making it up.  I''d be interested to know how much he wanted Ward or Thomas as well

I must admit to being surprised at all the ''info'' about this transfer coming from NW, allegedly.

If he has been quoted accurately, then I think it could come back to haunt him. Other clubs will be wary of having contact with NCFC for fear of any transfer negotiations being conducted in the media spotlight.

It will be interesting to see where Taylor ends up & when.

Then perhaps we''ll be able to fill in a few blanks

Worthy has done some strange things with the media when concerning transfers. Who can forget the infamous Damien Francis saga. "We''re not signing Damien Francis". Two days later, he signs on the dotted line.

Hmmm...

It''s the classic Worthington smoke screen.

Monday

"I don''t know where the link with Damien Francis has come from, he''s not a player we''re looking at"

Tuesday

Norwich sign Damien Francis from Wimbledon

Looks like Worthy is taking his laid back rural Norfolk lifestyle to the transfer hotline!!!! Perhaps he requires a gentle poke with a yokel pitch fork - we will drive our tractors over you!!!!

What is Little on about?  Worthy may not have contacted the Burnley football club or the player, he could have contacted the players agent and been told that a deal was imminent with Everton.  So Worthy words may be true.

[quote]All part of the master plan![/quote]

i think we all truly hope so!!!!!!!!