Sign in to follow this  
junojrs

Player issues post-match

A group of us were waiting outside the stadium for autographs, where fans usually wait after matches. Often the players are out shortly and open to autographs, photos and talks. However, today, we were all waiting and no player had came out.

Huckerby''s son was waiting. Hucks came out looking incredibly dejected and rather irate, and told his son some bad news, which we overheard.

The players didn''t want to leave the locker room. They did not want to face the fans after the loss.

It''s sad to see what''s happening at the club. With all the events being cancelled and whatnot, are the club bracing themselves for protests from fans?

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]May be they are too disgusted with the performance. [/quote]Do you think they played badly today? I don''t.But, back on topic its hardly surprising that the players would have had a long inquest in the dressing room after the game. As convenient as it may be for some of us to think that they don''t care, fact is they do, they will be as disappointed about the whole situation as we all are.

To be honest thats better than them swanning out not giving a monkeys. It shows that they actually give a damn about staying in this league and hopefully that will show against WBA.

Lets hope they are able to turn the disappointment they are feeling into a positive ahead of the West Brom game.

The great thing is that they have another chance so use this feeling to inspire them next game

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

This is incredibly sad, they players gave their all within the team selection and set up. This just smacks of fear of failure.

[/quote]

This.

I don''t think any fan with a brain in their skull questions the player''s effort or commitment.

I also think, given the tenure of time the players were in there before they left for a party (a party for kids may I add, before anybody gets concerned), that Hughton was probably giving them a real bollocking.

Notably, two of the most ''natural leaders'' and seemingly vocal members of the team in Holt and Bassong were not seen coming out (I missed most of the players making their way to the party because I was talking to Villa fans). Possible they had a word with Hughton?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]May be they are too disgusted with the performance. [/quote]Do you think they played badly today? I don''t.But, back on topic its hardly surprising that the players would have had a long inquest in the dressing room after the game. As convenient as it may be for some of us to think that they don''t care, fact is they do, they will be as disappointed about the whole situation as we all are.[/quote]Some played well and put in an effort but others were just useless. I don''t think Villa were better than us, its just they can finish.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]May be they are too disgusted with the performance. [/quote]Do you think they played badly today? I don''t.But, back on topic its hardly surprising that the players would have had a long inquest in the dressing room after the game. As convenient as it may be for some of us to think that they don''t care, fact is they do, they will be as disappointed about the whole situation as we all are.[/quote]Some played well and put in an effort but others were just useless. I don''t think Villa were better than us, its just they can finish. [/quote]Who was useless?

Pilkington for most of the game.Garrido Came in and outHoolahan was alright first half and useless second.Snodgrass set pieces at times were naff

Stand out players were Ryan Bennett for keeping Benteke in his pocket and Bradley Johnson for much improved passing and was excellent at winning the ball back.

I thought Pilkington wasn''t half-bad, looked to me like he was a tad worried about re-injuring himself. There was a long ball which would have been perfect to put him through, all he needed to do was stretch his leg a little further but instead he pulled short.

Have to agree with you Morty!!

Thought you couldn''t fault the players today. First half I thought we were the better team. I actually thought Pilks had a good game and seems to have improved physically but.... but this team under different coaches would be half way up the league.

Just my humble opinion and I don''t invite rude comments.

I thank you!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Have to agree with you Morty!!

Thought you couldn''t fault the players today. First half I thought we were the better team. I actually thought Pilks had a good game and seems to have improved physically but.... but this team under different coaches would be half way up the league.

I thank you![/quote]Yup, pretty much how I saw it[Y]

They''re gutted and hurting, aslong as this manifests itself in the next few days to a stealy resolve to put it right next saturday it could be a good thing. At least they didnt walk out laughing and joking. As it happens i think the players have given their all this season and tried to do what has been asked of them.

Junojrs,Are you able to share what the bad news you overheard or at least hint at what it was about?

Everyone got to except these are opinions not facts.There was a lot of effort but little quality. It depends what you define as useless putting in little effort or little quality.

"Che''s right hand man " Everyone got to except these are opinions not facts.There was a lot of effort but little quality. It depends what you define as useless putting in little effort or little quality.

accept

I think our performance was an improvement on recent weeks but we just didn''t look threatening.

It was all sideways and backwards. Had it not been for a pen, we could still be playing now and not score.

Just wish CH went 3 at the back when 1 down.

Disagree with your assessment of the players performance Jonny O, but I''ll agree with your last point, winds me up no end. Also winds me up that whenever Bunn has the ball it gets launched, we never play out from the back anymore.

Long hopfull balls that more often than not concede possession seem to be the order of the day, this means that we struggle to build any sustained periods of pressure, which in turn creates a lack of chances.

Oh for David Fox.

Watch the Villa winner back tonight and tell me if Garrido in plenty of space on the left wouldn''t have been a better option that another hoof. Said it at the time not knowing it would lead to a goal.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Have to agree with you Morty!!

I thank you![/quote]

Pilks and Snoddy played very well IMO, some good balls into the box but nobody at home to attack them, same old problem

Probably not helped by the fact that no one ever attacks the near stick.

When was the last time you saw a CM attacking a cross in the box?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Disagree with your assessment of the players performance Jonny O, but I''ll agree with your last point, winds me up no end. Also winds me up that whenever Bunn has the ball it gets launched, we never play out from the back anymore.

Long hopfull balls that more often than not concede possession seem to be the order of the day, this means that we struggle to build any sustained periods of pressure, which in turn creates a lack of chances.

Oh for David Fox.

Watch the Villa winner back tonight and tell me if Garrido in plenty of space on the left wouldn''t have been a better option that another hoof. Said it at the time not knowing it would lead to a goal.[/quote]Same goes for throwing ins always aiming for someone''s head rather than someone coming close to receive the ball.

[quote user="chrisr1606"]The players stayed behind after the game for the away supporters party. Nothing untoward to worry about.[/quote]

I think this post got lost but it''s why the players weren''t out.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Probably not helped by the fact that no one ever attacks the near stick.

When was the last time you saw a CM attacking a cross in the box?[/quote]One up front mate, only ever Holt in there and sometimes Snodgrass but shame he can''t header.