Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Ipswich accounts revealed

I am with you on this one Nigel, I remember all the rubbish spouted by a certain few about how we lack ambition and how the binners will be leaving us behind, also the huge ambition they showed by hiring Roy Keane.... I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but the way this was used as a stick to beat our club with was disgraceful. Perhaps a simple apology or an admission of being wrong would suffice?

I''ve always supported Delia, she has the clubs best interest at heart and sometimes that''s more important than a multi millionaire owner

Nutty Nigel wrote: I feel no shame in reminding posters on here of their past affiliations with the binners and how they used that grubby little club and their so-called investor as a stick to beat our club and it''s benefactors with. No shame whatsoever.

Shame on you for thinking I would...

I doubt you and your jobsworth son would know the meaning of shame. Yet again you invent claims against others to defend your views. I have never proposed selling the club to Marcus Evans but that won''t stop you telling lies.

Still as long as you can keep up your average posting record of a post every 3 hours 24/7 365 days a year, eh.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Nutty Nigel wrote: I feel no shame in reminding posters on here of their past affiliations with the binners and how they used that grubby little club and their so-called investor as a stick to beat our club and it''s benefactors with. No shame whatsoever. Shame on you for thinking I would... I doubt you and your jobsworth son would know the meaning of shame. Yet again you invent claims against others to defend your views. I have never proposed selling the club to Marcus Evans but that won''t stop you telling lies. Still as long as you can keep up your average posting record of a post every 3 hours 24/7 365 days a year, eh.[/quote]

Well there''s a strange one. Of course I never said you had did I?

Still, you keep counting those posts[O]

Off to Derby this afternoon binboy?

Can I just interject here and say that the old "You post a lot on the internet so must have no life" thing is a bit old now. This internet thing has caught on now, and is no longer only used by teenage boys in their bedrooms.And there is also a certain irony of actually making the point on an internet forum too lol.

Nutty Nigel wrote: Delia wouldn''t have sold the club to the likes of marcus evans. Some of us were pleased. But you, your daft bro and your vindictive mate thought she should.

Blimey, you can''t even remember what you posted recently so let me remind you.

So now I''m a binner? That''s all you can do when you lose an argument isn''t it. Resort to insults and smears. Must be the lack of an education.

Morty wrote: Can I just interject here and say that the old "You post a lot on the internet so must have no life" thing is a bit old now. This internet thing has caught on now, and is no longer only used by teenage boys in their bedrooms.

And there is also a certain irony of actually making the point on an internet forum too lol.

Oh look, the cavalry arriving over the hill.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Morty wrote: Can I just interject here and say that the old "You post a lot on the internet so must have no life" thing is a bit old now. This internet thing has caught on now, and is no longer only used by teenage boys in their bedrooms.

And there is also a certain irony of actually making the point on an internet forum too lol.

Oh look, the cavalry arriving over the hill.[/quote]Not at all, I make the same point whoever says the old "You have made lots of posts so must have no life"But feel free to invent some kind of conspiracy gang theory if you like.[Y]

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Sooo... what happens when the binners inevitably fail to meet the Financial Fair Play rules?[/quote]From next year (2013-2014) any loss of more than £3m for a Championship club must be covered by the owner. So ME either has to plough (by means of share purchase or gifting) millions more into the club annually or perish the thought decide enough is enough and pull the plug. This years sale of the Binners only asset to himself intimates that option 2 of the above is the more likely. QPR may well find themselves in a similar situation as these massive debts to owners will have to stop, they will not be permitted to "lend" the money they will have to commit the money by means of share purchase or gifting. Can you see ME gladly purchasing tens of millions of pounds of shares in a company with no assets and debts of £70m , I can''t.....[:D]

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Nutty Nigel wrote: Delia wouldn''t have sold the club to the likes of marcus evans. Some of us were pleased. But you, your daft bro and your vindictive mate thought she should. Blimey, you can''t even remember what you posted recently so let me remind you. So now I''m a binner? That''s all you can do when you lose an argument isn''t it. Resort to insults and smears. Must be the lack of an education.[/quote]

Read it again binboy.

I could find the thread but if it''s been bumped before it will be gone because you closet binners get SDP to remove your murky past.

Keep counting[O] I might post some more before I go to the game..

Now are you taking the trip to Derby this afternoon?

[quote user="City1st"]

Unfortunately it distracts from the OP, which is the paupers long overdue accounts which show a staggering loss of nearly £16m ....in one season ! A loss that did not include any ground redevelopment or even any transfer fee of any note.

There was mass hysteria on here when we had debts of £23m. These had been accumulated over a long period not one season ! In fact they only increased by £5m in five years and then partially due the loss of £2.75m TV money in 2009 (relegation). Of the previous £18m there were capital costs of £9.2m (new South Stand) and roads £1.8m.

It is difficult to comprehend how this grubby little club could overspend by that much ... in one season. A figure that would have been even higher were not that the ever grasping Evans had helped himself to their training ground for a fee of £1.3m. A transaction that shockingly remained completely unannounced to the rural dimwits for nearly a year (or more). More worringly for these numbskulls is that the training ground is now owned by Marcus Evans (Guernsey) - an offshore company that suggests another tax ruse rather than any benefit to this failing club.

What else has been spirited away we will have to wait and see, but the evidence does sem to suggest that Evans is dumping the debts onto the club whilst transferring the assets out of the hands of any future liquidators. The paupers should prepare for the worst. If they are daft enough to think that anyone would be willing to cough up £80m, or so, for a club struggling at the foot of the Championship (or worse) that owns little bar a lease on a ground and a squad patched up with loanees and other clubs has beens then they are dimmer than the most dimmest of dim lights with the dimswitch turned to it''s lowest point.

And we were told that Marcus Evans wasn''t an asset stripper .

Playford Road .... hmmm

[/quote]

This is a point worth emphasising. There is still a view here that the old regime was totally incompetent and got us into uniquely dangerous financial troubles. Neither is true. For a medium-sized club with no money the old regime actually made a pretty decent fist of running it. Yes, there were some bad managerial appointments that cost money, but the main single part of the debt came about through having - there was no choice - to rebuild the South Stand. And there the board resisted the temptation to overspend by trebling capacity. Instead it sensibly only doubled. And avoided the mistake of a vastly expensive (in per-seat terms) corner infill. Compare that with the over-ambitious infrastructure projects of some other clubs of our size. As a result our financial difficulties were manageable.

Nutty Nigel wrote:Read it again binboy.

I could find the thread but if it''s been bumped before it will be gone because you closet binners get SDP to remove your murky past.

Keep counting I might post some more before I go to the game..

Now are you taking the trip to Derby this afternoon?

Ah, bless the Nutter has found a new insult. Closet binner, binboy it''s fascinating the insight we get of the rental master.

Nutty Nigel wrote:Keep counting I might post some more before I go to the game..

I wouldn''t be surprise as obsessive compulsion disorder is probably just one of your many problems.