Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Has there ever been a more important 3 points ?

[quote user="yoda"]Given the massive 70 million coming our way next season ? I can''t think of one .[/quote]HUGE result.Things are looking a lot more comfortable now, table wise. Teams below us lost.But most important for me is the team really needed this win to give us a bit of confidence and swagger back.

Yeah the 3-2 win I the 95th minute against derby and the 0-1 win against Portsmouth. To give us any chance to be able to get the chance to get 3 points against a prem team!

The first win of the season was bigger than today. It''s not like this win got us out of relegation. The win over ManUre was bigger too, just because it was against ManUre. That''s 2 wins from this season that are bigger than today''s win. However, ending the 2+month streak of no wins WAS a much needed result, but not the biggest in team history.

They''re all important wins this year - but this victory is only significant if we carry the momentum, we''re not safe yet

Difficult to think of a more important 3 points in a February. For me, it changes the ''look'' of the last 11 fixtures. It eases the pressure for the Man U game, and should take away any unnecessary anxiety ahead of the 3 home games to come against relegation contenders. Less likely to feel like 6-pointers. Think this result should enable us to maintain our fighting spirit with a little more confidence - and that is likely to bring us a few more to our points tally. Maybe yesterday was worth more than 3 in the longer run, as it makes the run-in a bit less anxious and, therefore, easier... hopefully

I think there have been many more important results in the past, it is not as though we needed to win on the last day of the season to stay up. That said the result was huge. We had played quite well against a star studded side and were somewha unfortunate to be losing. The substitutions turned the game without a shadow of doubt particularly the introductin of Kamara who promises to be our most exciting player since Huckerby. We are now in smelling distance fromthe line of about 37 points. It is not just being the 3 points though, the confidence boost and the relaxation it hould bring will enable us to finish the remaining games in a more positive, less nervous way. From looking over our shoulder a tad we really should kickon and stay up with a degree of comfort now. Dont forget too even with the bad christmas run we have only lost 5 of the last 20 games, far from relegation form

Agreed Snakepit. And the Everton win has turned a negative run of games without a win into a positive run of games with a defeat.

not really

all points count the same at the end of a season

perhaps though the win came at a pyschlologically important time and in a memorable way

other it is business as usual

Agreed Snakepit. And the Everton win has turned a negative run of games without a win into a positive run of games without a defeat.

[:$]

i will have a guess that 36 points will see any team safe this season. there are 4 teams on 24 or less with just 11 games to go.i can''t see 2 of them getting sufficient points to reach this figure. if my conjecture is right, we need just 4 more points, but i would expect us to get at least 12.

Personally I think it was a more important win for the fans than the club.

I had every confidence that even a defeat yesterday would not have lead to us getting relegated - we had enough games and points in hand to ensure we secured safety quite comfortably.

however it is a massive 3 points and more than anything on a day when we reopened the gap to the bottom it quietens the doomsayers.

Agreed we have had bigger 3 points, maybe in this season, but certainly over the last 4!A MASSIVE 3 points it was though, add Everton to the list of Arsenal and Man U and that''s 9 home points over 3 of the  potential top 5 by the end of the season.