Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Simeon Jackson

Could this now be his chance to step up to the plate?

''Promoted'' to 3rd choice striker

The threat of summer approaches for Hoops and Wolfie.

A likely change to 4-4-2

A new, maybe more suitable pairing in Becchio

Remember the promotion season when he was utterly useless for the large part of the season until the final 10 games? He exploded into form!

I remember watching him in our 2-1 loss away at Burnley (holt scored a cracker!) and he had the willing and the workrate, but looked like a boy in a mans game and had the touch of a person that would tend to copulate without the other party''s permission!

Perhaps he just needs that moment to arrive and that initial goal to set a run of form off?

Jacko needs to play in a front two. Was moderately successful with Holt in this role last season.

I''ve never seen a striker less suited to the lone role. Simeon still has a part to play.

[quote user="ricky knight"]i personally think Jacko deserves more playing time he works hard and has a bit of pace, never let us down when he has played imo.[/quote]

Would agree with this, however, the way we play doesn''t help him - when we were struggling earlier in the season he did ok, but we weren''t strong enough defensively and it appeared we needed Wes on the pitch to hold up the ball more.    I too think he could still do a job, but if he doesn''t really get another chance to shine this season, I think it will  be the writing on the wall for him to try his luck elsewhere.  

[quote user="ricky knight"]i personally think Jacko deserves more playing time he works hard and has a bit of pace, never let us down when he has played imo.[/quote]

What a joke ! When exactly did you last watch Jackson play Ricky ?

i''m more with you TIL, Jackson is a willing runner, but he needs to step up to the plate if he is gonna succeed in the premiership.

He''s simply not good enough.He hasn''t been playing for a while , the reason being CH doesn''t think he''s good enough either.Nothing against the guy , but I still can''t believe how many norwich fans rate him just because he runs around a lot.

He''ll be prolific for a lower Championship/League One team which, cone the opening of the loan window is where he''ll be heading. Doubt if we''ll ever see him in yellow and green again. Will always cherish that goal against Derby. Simeon moves on with my very fondest wishes.

He''ll be lucky to make the bench if Holt, Becchio and Kamara are all fit. He had a chance to impress against Luton but failed miserably.

Nice chap though 😬

Seems a nice bloke but that''s not going to get him a game.

Simply not good enough for the Premiership ......... and I''m afraid, I don''t think he will be good enough for the Championship either.

But thanks for the memories and good luck in the future at whatever club that might be, but I can''t see it being us.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Seems a nice bloke but that''s not going to get him a game.

Simply not good enough for the Premiership ......... and I''m afraid, I don''t think he will be good enough for the Championship either.

But thanks for the memories and good luck in the future at whatever club that might be, but I can''t see it being us.[/quote]

Just what people were saying in January 2 years ago (swap premiership for championship etc)

Then he pretty much single handedly (for them few games anyway) got us promoted.

He is not good enough. He''s 4th choice striker for a reason.Remember, he went from NYE last yr until the last game of the season without scoring. If it wasnt for his purple patch in 2011 people wouldve lynched him.You could probably count on one hand how many good games he has had.A willing runner, but wouldnt we all be that in yellow and green?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Seems a nice bloke but that''s not going to get him a game.

But thanks for the memories and good luck in the future at whatever club that might be, but I can''t see it being us.[/quote]

Just what people were saying in January 2 years ago (swap premiership for championship etc)

Then he pretty much single handedly (for them few games anyway) got us promoted.[/quote]

Yes, its strange how some people like to write players off,  - it must be difficult for them when players prove them wrong - or do they just conveniently forget?  Holt has continually been written off every season by some fans..............how it must irk them to see him in the team every week..........I hope Jackson can do the same and prove people wrong. Not good enough for the championship either??  What short memories some fans have.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''m intriuged LDC. How do you knw how Jackson played in the Championship? Wouldn''t have been any streams and we know you never go to games[/quote]

Troll off, mungo.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Seems a nice bloke but that''s not going to get him a game.

Then he pretty much single handedly (for them few games anyway) got us promoted.[/quote]

Yes, its strange how some people like to write players off,  - it must be difficult for them when players prove them wrong - or do they just conveniently forget?  Holt has continually been written off every season by some fans..............how it must irk them to see him in the team every week..........I hope Jackson can do the same and prove people wrong. Not good enough for the championship either??  What short memories some fans have.

[/quote]id love him to prove me wrong but he has had plenty of gmes in the top flight but always looked out of his depth.

Personally I''m a big fan of Simeon. He always gives 100% and I don''t think he''s been given a fair chance to prove himself at this level. But with hughton favouring the 4-5-1, I don''t think he will get the chance. Also with Becchio and Kamara, I think he will stay as 4th choice. Would he is too lightweight to play on his own so I''d like to see him partner Kamara, who seems to be a very physical player. Unfortunately I don''t think he''ll get the chance and it might be best if he moves on. He deserves better than to be 4th choice striker.

A bit more composure and he''d be much better. I don''t mind him coming on when needed and he will run all day long and drive into space. Him and Becchio could be interesting, but on the whole I''d rather see Holt and Becchio or Kamara try and boss defences..starting 2mrw!