Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Hopes Dashed

When will all us Norwich fans learn, we have made bids and been linked with players in the past, but as soon as another team becomes involved or the valuation is too high, that''s the end of it.

I read in another thread one fan saying we spent a lot in the summer and was surprised we had that much too spend.

Southampton £12 million Ramirez, Reading £7 million Pogrebnyak, West Ham £10 million Jarvis and we spent a lot I think not we probably spent as much on four or five players.

I sincerely hope I''m wrong but I see another championship striker as being the best we can hope for.

[quote user="Aveit"]When will all us Norwich fans learn, we have made bids and been linked with players in the past, but as soon as another team becomes involved or the valuation is too high, that''s the end of it.

I read in another thread one fan saying we spent a lot in the summer and was surprised we had that much too spend.

Southampton £12 million Ramirez, Reading £7 million Pogrebnyak, West Ham £10 million Jarvis and we spent a lot I think not we probably spent as much on four or five players.

I sincerely hope I''m wrong but I see another championship striker as being the best we can hope for.[/quote]

Or, god forbid, we might throw it all away and get a poxy league 2 striker like Grant Holt or Adam Le Fondre or Rickie Lambert >:-(

[quote user="Aveit"]Oh sorry I forgot Holt has Scored a massive 4 goals.[/quote]So now you''ve got a problem with Holt? Yeah he''s been really s*** for us.  Can''t believe we''re not in the top 6 either. No ambition at this club. We need Evans to guide us back to the Championship relegation fight

Nobody said I don''t believe Holt has done a job for us, the system we currently play does not help, but four. With the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it''s has been time for many a year to bring in players of a better standard who are able to compete sustain premier league survival and try to push on.

Why should our expectations better than championship! Yours maybe.

[quote user="Aveit"]With the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it''s has been time for many a year to bring in players of a better standard who are able to compete sustain premier league survival and try to push on.[/quote]Last time I checked, we were looking like surviving in the PL with 26 points from 23 games played.

[quote user="Aveit"]Nobody said I don''t believe Holt has done a job for us, the system we currently play does not help, but four. With the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it''s has been time for many a year to bring in players of a better standard who are able to compete sustain premier league survival and try to push on.

Why should our expectations better than championship! Yours maybe.[/quote]

Strawman arguments hold no sway here.

Well, not for me anyway. Actually they are quite successful generally.

Thirty posts in 7 years, have you been waiting for this transfer window to post or are you usually on another teams message board?

Christ almighty being part of this forum is like taking part in a godawful amateur dramatics group with all this melodrama to things that havent even happened yet.

[quote user="Aveit"]Southampton £12 million Ramirez, Reading £7 million Pogrebnyak, West Ham £10 million Jarvis [/quote]Pogrebnyak - 5 goals this season, rumoured to be on £60k a week.Ramirez - 3 goals, 4 assists this season.  Behind Snodgrass and Pilkington.Jarvis - 1 goal, 2 assists this season.  Behind Snodgrass and Pilkington.

I''m all for flushing £15m down the toilet on Carlton Cole if it would make you happy.

Reading have spent significantly less than us in transfer fees - with the russian owner being the prime reason behind pogrebnyaks bosman free transfer move - no £7m fee involved.   Rumours were he is on £65k pw but who knows if that is true or not.

They all show that buying a decent striker is tough and money spent is no measure of what return we may get.     Pogr.. has 5 goals in 15 starts,   ramirez 3 in 13 and jarvis 1 in 16.  Ignoring jarvis as a midfielder inferior to both snod and pilks,  both are on a par with Holts 4 from 17 starts with holt bang in the middle.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Aveit"]Southampton £12 million Ramirez, Reading £7 million Pogrebnyak, West Ham £10 million Jarvis [/quote]Pogrebnyak - 5 goals this season, rumoured to be on £60k a week.Ramirez - 3 goals, 4 assists this season.  Behind Snodgrass and Pilkington.Jarvis - 1 goal, 2 assists this season.  Behind Snodgrass and Pilkington.

I''m all for flushing £15m down the toilet on Carlton Cole if it would make you happy.[/quote] well said