Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Di Canio's 'desperation' to keep Chris Martin

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Every manager since peter grant has played him and none of them have let him ever leave on a permanent basis. [/quote]I reckon he must be amazing in training [:P]

There''s no money available, it seems, and he clearly has gaps in his team - he is desperate to keep tham for the rest of the season, although significantly he is also hoping to sign another striker!

Martin is an enigma - plenty of technical ability, but so often can''t get his head in order. If there was a real change in attitude he might actually achieve something.

If he is back home in time, there might be a case for playing him against Peterborough, to rest Holt and Morison.

Amazing to think he is still only 24.   So many games already but as di canio quickly spotted he does need to knuckle down and get the most from the talent he has.   Until he does that for a champs club its hard to see that he has much of a future with us

He''s not being played as a striker though, but an attacking midfielder...

Still if he''s that good would be scoring or at least creating. Heard he was overweight when he joined. Would expect that from a pro player.

Did you all miss this statement in that last report:

Martin, whose contract with the Canaries expires this summer and has been told by Carrow Road boss Chris Hughton that he is not part of his plans,

Have I missed something - this is the first time I''ve seen in print mention that Hughton doesn''t want him?  Or are the Wurzel press making it up?

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Did you all miss this statement in that last report:

Martin, whose contract with the Canaries expires this summer and has been told by Carrow Road boss Chris Hughton that he is not part of his plans,

Have I missed something - this is the first time I''ve seen in print mention that Hughton doesn''t want him?  Or are the Wurzel press making it up?

[/quote]I did see it, but as no source was mentioned I just assumed it was lazy journalism.