Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

More Problems For The Scum.

There''s lots of naughty boys and girls out there. The bit in red is quite funny!

A PREMIER League footie ace has been fined £1,000 for having a police-style baton.

The retractable club — like the ones riot cops use — was found in Norwich defender Sebastien Bassong’s car.

Police discovered it when they stopped his car near London’s King’s Cross.

Prosecutor Ellis Williams told Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court the asp baton was in the pocket of the driver’s door.

Baton like the one found in Sebastien Bassong''s car

Baton ... like the one found in Sebastien Bassong''s car

Cameroon international Bassong, 26, — who helped his side beat Manchester United on Saturday — appeared in court for the 10-minute hearing to admit possessing the weapon.

Astonished District Judge John Perkins even had to check that the former Tottenham player’s wage had been entered correctly after seeing his hefty salary.

A representative for Bassong said: “On behalf of Sebastien and the club we have nothing to say.”

"ITFC striker bailed after being arrested on suspicion of assaulting pub staff"Presumably "on suspicion" because they couldn''t believe that an ITFC striker was capable of hitting anything.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

There''s lots of naughty boys and girls out there. The bit in red is quite funny!

A PREMIER League footie ace has been fined £1,000 for having a police-style baton.

The retractable club — like the ones riot cops use — was found in Norwich defender Sebastien Bassong’s car.

Police discovered it when they stopped his car near London’s King’s Cross.

Prosecutor Ellis Williams told Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court the asp baton was in the pocket of the driver’s door.

Baton like the one found in Sebastien Bassong''s car

Baton ... like the one found in Sebastien Bassong''s car

Cameroon international Bassong, 26, — who helped his side beat Manchester United on Saturday — appeared in court for the 10-minute hearing to admit possessing the weapon.

Astonished District Judge John Perkins even had to check that the former Tottenham player’s wage had been entered correctly after seeing his hefty salary.

A representative for Bassong said: “On behalf of Sebastien and the club we have nothing to say.”

[/quote]

Were there any broken bones? I really don''t see the relevance of this TC. Are you trying to say there''s no difference between our players and theirs?

Perhaps you''re on Pickover''s Payroll [;)]

There''s lots of difference, Bassongs Baton looks very impressive (heres where Tilly brings in a Kathy reference) whereas brawling in a pub shows no class.

I was given a opportunity to become part of Pickover''s Payroll but despite the state of the art key fob entry system I didn''t like what I saw.

I thought the link further down the page was funny:

[i]Fire Update: Man bailed after suspected arson attack on bin shed[/i]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If I was driving an expensive car like a footballer would, I''d also feel the need for protection. Most people sleep with weapons for protection close-by don''t they?[/quote]

Mt truncheon is always handy....

He even had to pay a £100 "victim surcharge". Who was the victim ?.

Best thing is to carry one of those Aluminium torches with lots of batteries in it, they can''t do you for it !.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If I was driving an expensive car like a footballer would, I''d also feel the need for protection. Most people sleep with weapons for protection close-by don''t they?[/quote]

My truncheon is always handy....

[/quote]

On a serious note a very heavy torch will do the same job. Think about it..

[quote user="Devils Advocate."]He even had to pay a £100 "victim surcharge". Who was the victim ?. Best thing is to carry one of those Aluminium torches with lots of batteries in it, they can''t do you for it !.[/quote]

[Y]

"...before the club announced his loan was being terminated on 24 October 2008.[ This followed a "third breach of club discipline " - Chester City 

"On 31 October 2008, it was reported that Taylor had tested positive in a random drugs test when at Chester, after traces of cocaine were found in his sample "

The paupers do seem to attack the ''wrong'' sort of players - junkies, racists, gamblers and other assorted lowlife

Perhaps it is the town that attracts them rather than the club itself

[quote user="City1st"]

"...before the club announced his loan was being terminated on 24 October 2008.[ This followed a "third breach of club discipline " - Chester City 

"On 31 October 2008, it was reported that Taylor had tested positive in a random drugs test when at Chester, after traces of cocaine were found in his sample "

The paupers do seem to attack the ''wrong'' sort of players - junkies, racists, gamblers and other assorted lowlife

Perhaps it is the town that attracts them rather than the club itself

[/quote]Spot on [:D]

[quote user="Devils Advocate"]He even had to pay a £100 "victim surcharge". Who was the victim ?.

Best thing is to carry one of those Aluminium torches with lots of batteries in it, they can''t do you for it !.[/quote]Good old mag lights, sizes vary from the ''Mini mag'' that takes aaa batteries upto the ones that run off several D cell batteries and are known in certain circles as ''Attitude adjusters''.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If I was driving an expensive car like a footballer would, I''d also feel the need for protection. Most people sleep with weapons for protection close-by don''t they?[/quote]No. No they don''t.