Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Do we change a winning/unbeaten team.

Thought we were excellent for the first 30-35mins today. From then on we sat back, defended well but were second best for the majority.

This maybe controversial but I would be very tempted to rest Holt and Hoolahan. Unlucky for Hoolahan as I think he is playing well but I just do not think it is working upfront between them two for us at the moment.

Holt has to spend most of his time out on the wing just to get in the game and is wasted there. Maybe it''s time for Morison to have a go.

We didn''t sit back and defend, Sunderland just got better...

Not sure about resting Holt and Hoolahan next week, as we have a cup game a few days later. Might as well rest them then. One of those two games someone else needs a go.

I''ve said a few times now, best thing about our run of form is there are obvious things to improve on. Obviously we can never be perfect, but I don''t think its too unrealistic to say we can improve further in the final third...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We didn''t sit back and defend, Sunderland just got better...

Not sure about resting Holt and Hoolahan next week, as we have a cup game a few days later. Might as well rest them then. One of those two games someone else needs a go.

I''ve said a few times now, best thing about our run of form is there are obvious things to improve on. Obviously we can never be perfect, but I don''t think its too unrealistic to say we can improve further in the final third...[/quote]

You''re spot on with that post GP.    The progress is there for all to see.   But that improvements can be made are there for all to see too.

Yeah, I think the vote of confidence has got to go to the guys that are performing atm. But that doesn''t mean there is no room for improvement. I would like to see Benno introduced, much earlier in games , when we lose the initiative like we did 2nd half today. I agree with what GP says...it was for all to see again, that GH just wants that goal. Imo it will come sooner rather than later

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]We didn''t sit back and defend, Sunderland just got better...

I''ve said a few times now, best thing about our run of form is there are obvious things to improve on. Obviously we can never be perfect, but I don''t think its too unrealistic to say we can improve further in the final third...[/quote]

You''re spot on with that post GP.    The progress is there for all to see.   But that improvements can be made are there for all to see too.

[/quote]

Teams can always improve, there always things that can be done better, the challenge is not to risk a structure and system that is working fantastically well for us by changing things too much.What interests me is will the team to play Swansea be influenced by  the Aston Villa game the following Tuesday night, will Mr Hughton rest some players to save them for the Villa game or will the Swansea game dominate his thinking, and a largely reserve team will be sent out on the Tuesday?

I wouldn''t change the team to play Swansea, but I would tell Johnson to give Michu a hefty challenge early on to let him know what to expect.I like the way we set up to play today, but feel it''s more suited to away games and I would like to see a little more positivity at home.

Be tempted to bring in E Bennett for Snodgrass, especially as we''re away to Swansea. I think he gives us more defensively and Snodgrass was poor today.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I wouldn''t change the team to play Swansea, but I would tell Johnson to give Michu a hefty challenge early on to let him know what to expect.I like the way we set up to play today, but feel it''s more suited to away games and I would like to see a little more positivity at home.[/quote]

mmm but we have won 5 games in a row at home so we`re not doing too badly. The first 20 today we were very positive just went too much into our shell when they scored. I was amazed listening to Pilks interview when he said (I think) that the players heads dropped when Sunderland scored. That shouldnt happen to a team that`s on such a good run, perhaps I misunderstood him.

If E. Bennett improves his offensive contribution and takes on his man more often (as he did with the one chance he had to all game) then I would drop Snodgrass for him. Snodgrass was pretty poor today, I think he has a lot of technical ability but he just seemed so rushed half the time and gave the ball away cheaply. 

I don''t understand this fear of Swansea and michu

We''ve played Manchester united with van persie and there wasn''t this much fear.

Screw Swansea and screw their tappy poncey football. I bet we slap em.

Just been reading a thread on the planet swans forum and it seems there is no point us turning up. We have nothing that can trouble them and if they play to half their ability they will easily win! They are so arrogant you would think they were Barcelona

[quote user="JF"]Just been reading a thread on the planet swans forum and it seems there is no point us turning up. We have nothing that can trouble them and if they play to half their ability they will easily win! They are so arrogant you would think they were Barcelona[/quote]

But they dont do very well against us do they?

[quote user="JF"]Just been reading a thread on the planet swans forum and it seems there is no point us turning up. We have nothing that can trouble them and if they play to half their ability they will easily win! They are so arrogant you would think they were Barcelona[/quote]Jesus H Christ.Nothing makes my blood boil more than football fans on a football forum thinking their team will beat the opposition in the next match.

Funny guy! Anyway it''s the ease in which they believe they will beat us and the belief that we have nothing that will trouble them that seems very naive.

[quote user="Steady On..."]I don''t understand this fear of Swansea and michu

We''ve played Manchester united with van persie and there wasn''t this much fear.

Screw Swansea and screw their tappy poncey football. I bet we slap em.[/quote]HA! [:D]Loving this post!