Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Holt

Can Holt keep us up this season?

I don''t think we''ll go down. And one of the main reasons for that is Holt. Two goals in two games. When we weren''t playing well.

He''s pulled his finger out, and as per usual improved drastically. If he''s already scoring in not so great performances, then surely he can carry it on, and once we start playing well again he''ll be winning us points.

It''d be great to have Morison scoring like he was first half of the season. Or for Jackson to go on a spree like he did in the last 10 or so Championship games. But as each game goes by for those two, it seems less and less likely. So its looking like its all down to Captain Holt, until January at least.

Who else is as confidant in his abilities as I am?

He''ll have to show the way with at 15 least goals and his leadership again if we are going to do this. If he pulls it off I think there is an argument to say he is potentially the greatest Norwich City player of all time. Bold statement but 4 golden boots and a 4th player of the season title in a row. Says it all really.

Another question, does anyone rate him above Hucks yet?

And perhaps a hard one to answer, if you don''t now, will you rate him above Hucks if he does keep us up?

I love Hucks, was a privilege to watch him play for Norwich City, and is fantastic he is still around and a big fan of the club (something I imagine Holt won''t be doing, he''ll be back up North when he leaves/retired won''t he?). But three POTS awards (Hucks probably should have had three as well...), top scorer three years in a row, with the latter very likely to happen again this year, and who knows perhaps a fourth POTS award, it will be hard to rate Hucks above Holt.

It''s a tough one. Holty is the more influential of the two for me. But Hucks is the most exciting. Only player I have seen in a Norwich shirt who made the entire ground lean forward as one in anticipation of him doing something magical regardless of where he was on the pitch.

Same thing happened every time he got on the ball at Drurys testimonial. He was a special player and getting to see him do it one more time last July was amazing.

Huckerby was the better and more exciting player, but Holt has been far more influential in his time here, has been a massive part of us getting from League 1 to where we are now. I''d have to side with Holt in this debate but just imagine our side now with Holt scoring goals, playing well and a 27 year old Huckerby on the left wing...We certainly wouldn''t be worrying about relegation that''s for sure!

I think on the field, they''re probably quite close at the moment. Hucks had the excitement factor and was certainly the most exciting player in my generation of supporters (who can''t remember the European cup run). Holt has arguably had as much if not more influence already, but he hasn''t got the off the field side that Hucks has. Fans love players who do well on the pitch. They adore players who do well on the pitch AND have a connection with the club that is a bit more than the average player. Holt hasn''t got that connection (contract issue this summer, and likelihood of not having much to do with the club once retired).

However, to answer the original question, I am a lot moer positive about our chances now that Holt seems to have decided to turn up in the last couple of games!

Ahh.....Holt.   No-one really knows how much of the success on the field in the last three years has been down to Holt.  He scores the goals, sure, but his influence on the pitch and off it is greater than just the goals.   Is he not responsible for the pre-match huddles?   It has been said that the combination of him and Lambert is one of the main reasons why we have done so well in the last three years.     How much percentage Lambert and how much Holt could be debated for years, but as he is still here and Lambert is not, I would prefer to think of him as one of the main reasons we are in the prem.

Can he keep us up?   If his performance against Chelsea is anything to go by then yes, he can - but the rest of the team need to gel too.  Holt though - as in the last three seasons - will be the catalyst.

"He will be remembered as one of the greatest Canaries of all time"

not until someone has hawked on his hall of fame brick

Someone should tell Holt to lay off the pork pies first.     <------ maybe you should concentrate on fat boy scotland and your own shinning star micheal chopra before you slag holt off

Holt can score goals, will he score as many as last year, well it will be a statement if he dies, his performances over this season has been pretty poor. But goals make up for that as they can = points

We do need a new striker we need someone of a better calibre to holt to come in January we need genuine quality.

Is he better than HUckerby, no. It had taken ten years for us to get a signing like hux. Holt joined and many said he won''t be up to much, some of us knew the quality he had but he has exceeded that. Hux we knew before he came here what he had, that loan period is amazing. A time I will cherish and the anticipation of him signing, staying with this club with the dross we built around him. Even when he had a moment mentioning he was playing in the worst team he ever had, he was right and some on here thought he was wrong to say it. I didn''t they were awful and rightly languishing at the bottom of the champ.

Holt''s situation is very different, he will not surpass hux in my eyes.

He can start by having the season his new contract demands, 12+ goals and forming that strike force to keep us up.

Close your eyes. Now Imagine Holt, Hoolahan and Hucks in the same team. That would be absolutely mouthwatering.