Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Jan transfers

Who do people expect us to sign? If anyone.

And perhaps more interestingly, who do people want us to sign?

It''d be perfect if we found another Ashton. Just a quick look on the BBC Sport pages shows a player called Jake Cassidy of Tranmere is top scorer, aged 19, scored 8 in 12 games. They have the top three scorers. But this lad (without actually watching him, haven''t seen any of the FLS yet this season) seems pretty impressive.

I think, at this moment a striker seems like the must buy. Obviously. Austin from Burnley as well, fairly sure we''ve been linked with him before, if only by fans. Still pretty young and plenty of goals in him. Also I wouldn''t be shocked at a cheeky bid for Zaha, they are throwing around fees like £20 million in the papers, with Man.U and other top teams interested. Remind you of anyone? A certain striker who joined Wigan for around £2.5 million after being linked to the top English teams (and Real Madrid) for a large fee.

Or can we find a top league striker, proven goal scoring record in this league, or one of Europes elite leagues?

Much will depend on league position I think Pele. The reality is that many players aren''t that keen on a relegation scrap if it seems they may only get 6 months of Premier League football. One of the big pulls for someone like Jonny Howson last tear was that he was effectively guaranteed at least 18 months of Premiership football as we were in a very strong position by the time we signed him.

Lappin, Martin for starters.

They don''t even have to leave. Ward hasn''t left, he''s not in the squad.

If we don''t improve in January, were pretty much asking to be relegated.

Well thats ruined my plans then.

We could pay Tranmere to release him from his loan early (assuming its a season long) and buy him from Wolves.

I haven''t even seen him play, so I don''t know why I want us to buy him :P

I kind of hope so.

Yeah he scores goals at Championship level, but I really don''t think he''s going to be any better than Jackson or Morison (Morison at the moment, not Morison first half of last season). But he might be, and if worst comes to worst he''ll be decent in the Championship.

Martin should leave (drunk old git can go get pissed elsewhere) and we should bring in a high-profile striker on the market please. It may be too late by then but surely Hooton isn''t that stupid? Oh wait, this is the guy who bought Harry broken legs Kane on the last day of the transfer window....

The 2 players we would need are a poaching goalscorer who scores with ease and another Bassong-esque centre half who will level the defence out

So the players I would suggest are for a striker Charlie Austin from Burnley or Sanhrib Malki from Roda JC in the Eredivisie and for a centre half I would still say Cutis Davies from Birmingham is a good option or for another more international selection Simon Kjaer of Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga

All of these would improve the team greatly IMO

We didn''t buy Harry Kane.

We loaned him. And AVB was ready to have him as second choice striker if Adebayor didn''t sign.

And why are you calling him broken legs?

How many times has he broken his legs?

And Martin is like 23, not really an old git is he.

And were are we going to find the money to buy a high profile striker. Unless you mean Marlon King, he has a pretty high profile. Of course its for being a low life thug, but still. I suggest you buy some extra Euro millions tickets tomorrow so you can fund the sining of Messi.

Oh what a mistake! Sorry we LOANED him! I call him broken legs because my cousin say thats what spurs fans who saw him in the reserves call him due to his slow, crap movement. Martin may not be old but he is a GIT.Not a high profile striker just one or two who can score GOALS

Well thats funny because Spurs coaches/management rate him highly.

Personally, for some reason, I find the opinion of professional football staff to be more accurate than your cousin.

I was just correcting you my good friend. You said you don''t want to be hounded out of this forum, I was just helping you out. And look where it gets me? Next time i''ll just call you a w@nker shall I? Would you prefer that? Then you can add me to your list of shame...

Sorry GP, it''s just that when everybody is attacking you because their master shitty1st says to or because I have a different opinion, it''s hard to know when somebodys having a go at you or not.

Not that we need another wide midfielder, but i''d like Kyle Bennett. He is just as good (if not, better) than El. [:^)]

What are you basing that assessment on TheRock (not trying to say your wrong, i''m genuinely curious). I know EB has said on Twitter his brother is better, but thats because he''s the older brother, he has no choice.

Why would CMS want to join us? Brighton''s support is equivalent to ours and they may be challenging for the PL. I agree it makes sense to try and get someone in who will help us in the Championship. Can''t see any PL quality strikers being willing to join us for our relegation.

Look at who was given a one year extension this summer and the positions we need. We need two strikers. Go to Europe and pick them up. Mirror today says Jeremy, I am afraid he would have to come here and find his form once more.

Fox, jacko and other players had a one year extension so far they have not played we''ll enough to earn a new contract.

So I expect our team to have a new strike force and next summer some of the dead wood to move on as we steadily improve our squad.

Hopefully Whittaker, butter field will begin to show some ability in this league to add to our group and Kane will come back. But we need some saviour quality in january