Sign in to follow this  
John

Potential Hughton Replacements

Gus Poyet maybe? Or have we already changed our minds on Hughton now we''ve doubled our tally of club goals for the season?Poyet

has actually built something at Brighton. Unlike Hughton, his success has burgeoned from playing as the

underdog, and has acquired a decent offensive record and a remarkable

defensive record during his tenure there. The organisation of his teams is impeccable, and prompts a pleasing and effective system of football.His continental

football and working in the market (Vicente, Calderon, Bruno, Bridcutt, and Crofts

amongst others bought as free agents, now amongst the best in their respective positions in the Championship, amonst

other cheap purchases including Buckley, Barnes and Bennett) is exceptional,

arguably better than that of Lamberts. And his scouting system expands

beyond the British Isles; and more than that, he utilises it (very few Strihavka''s and Maric''s).He''s arguably been more successful than Lambert, having started there with small foundations in comparison to those that Lambert stumbled upon at Carrow Road in League One, with a Championship set yp. Obviously now Brighton have a massive stadium, and an owner growing more and more willing to invest large amounts of cash; but Poyet is certainly making the most of that backing, with Brighton atop the Championship pedestal.Or we could just go for Redknapp? #standardlol [^o)]

I''d love Poyet, I wanted him last summer instead of Hughton but he''d have to be mad to leave Brighton for us at the moment.

it will be someone out of work (But not redknapp)purely because we cant be pis*ing about waiting to interview applicants...Mick McArthy most likely.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]I really like Redknapp, think him or Makay from Cardiff would be a good call.[/quote]FFS we wont get Redknapp!

He won''t be gone yet. But after the Reading game if things haven''t improved then I think Mcnally will chop him. I''d love Poyet but realistically they could easily be swapping positions with us the way this is going.

[quote user="NWCoastCanary"]Holloway.  Can motivate, and will attack.[/quote]

He can''t do any worse than Hughton IMO

Anyone suggesting Redknapp is an idiot!

1.He would never come here

2.He''s sh!t without money and would relegate us. Remember his time at Southampton?

"IF" we get rid of Hughton I want Malky...it wont be Gunn all over again, he has 3 years of management experience and knows what makes this football club tick... he''d be a hard b****rd too!

If anyone thinks Hughton plays negative football that doesn''t suit us you''d be in for a real shock if we appointed Mackay or McCarthy. Both of those are really not the answer!

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Mick Mccarthy, did it with Wolves for the first couple of seasons until the fans turned.[/quote]jesus christ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolmao. mccarthy is terribleanyone but him

need someone good with players, a good motivator, likes attacking football and taking risks. We arent good enough to tactically play tight, we need to take risks

Steve Tilson,good motivator who works well on a budget and currently biding his time at Canvey island.