Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Do the players want hughton and his mob out ?

I don''t believe Grant would shed a tear.  After today, am sure most of those not selected would be thinking - if I don''t start next week I''ll never get a game unless they leave.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Shut the **** up.It is up to us as SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT Chris Hughton and his boys.I will be going to Stamford Bridge next week with the intention of singing for 90 mins.... [/quote]Utter rubbish. Is your name Andy Hughes?

You think? Well- that''s good to know.All that happened today is that we got the kicking we could well have got last week and did get on the opening day.Bassong covering up the cracks isn''t a good thing- the team needs to play better.If we have to have one man in the team to have a hope of drawing then we are going down whether he plays or not.Hughton has taken a team and instilled fear in it.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]You think? Well- that''s good to know.All that happened today is that we got the kicking we could well have got last week and did get on the opening day.Bassong covering up the cracks isn''t a good thing- the team needs to play better.If we have to have one man in the team to have a hope of drawing then we are going down whether he plays or not.Hughton has taken a team and instilled fear in it.

[/quote]Was the team ever good enough- regardless of who the manager was?I''d argue the players arent good enough. A combination of Paul Lambert + momentum from two promotions played a big part imo

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]You think? Well- that''s good to know.All that happened today is that we got the kicking we could well have got last week and did get on the opening day.Bassong covering up the cracks isn''t a good thing- the team needs to play better.If we have to have one man in the team to have a hope of drawing then we are going down whether he plays or not.Hughton has taken a team and instilled fear in it.

[/quote]Was the team ever good enough- regardless of who the manager was?I''d argue the players arent good enough. A combination of Paul Lambert + momentum from two promotions played a big part imo[/quote]Last years team was good enough to stay in the league- I was surprised but it was clear that they were when playing to their strengths.They DID over achieve though agreed.The problem is that Hughton has clearly got no clue how to evaluate players and ply to strengths. He has a belief and does not move from it. His back room staff are of the same clueless cloth- Calderwood FFS!If you send the team out to play Hughton''s way they look like an average L1 side... I''d argue that Newcastle got promoted (with a Premier League squad btw) inspite of Hughton rather than because of him. He has done nothing else good in management and the evidence now points that he is not about to start with us.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Shut the **** up.

It is up to us as SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT Chris Hughton and his boys.

I will be going to Stamford Bridge next week with the intention of singing for 90 mins....
[/quote]

Ah, a happy clapper, Christ your kind prolonged the Worthy/ Gunn misery.

I''m not sure that Hughton rates the players and that lack of confidence could be rubbing off. Pre season he said something like "we need to buy better calibre of players than what we have" as opposed to Lamberts "we need to give the lads a hand". A lot of his comments come across as negative. I still hope he can turn it around but I''m starting to think it won''t happen.

"I''d argue that Newcastle got promoted (with a Premier League squad btw) inspite of Hughton rather than because of him. He has done nothing else good in management and the evidence now points that he is not about to start with us."

That is the question than nobody asked when we appointed him. Why did Newcastle sack him? He got them promoted with a record number of pionts and then sitting mid table but still got shot.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Shut the **** up.It is up to us as SUPPORTERS to SUPPORT Chris Hughton and his boys.I will be going to Stamford Bridge next week with the intention of singing for 90 mins.... [/quote]

Ah, a happy clapper, Christ your kind prolonged the Worthy/ Gunn misery.

[/quote]What else can we do apart from support?

[quote user="JF"]"I''d argue that Newcastle got promoted (with a Premier League squad btw) inspite of Hughton rather than because of him. He has done nothing else good in management and the evidence now points that he is not about to start with us." That is the question than nobody asked when we appointed him. Why did Newcastle sack him? He got them promoted with a record number of pionts and then sitting mid table but still got shot.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. I mentioned it repeatedly !!!

I did post on here after the Fulham game that I thought some of the team were not playing for Hughton, mainly due to the negative style of football compared to Lambert era. Their performance was a reaction against that.

I''m told from a good source in the club that the players are behind him and that you couldn''t wish for a nicer bloke, but although I originally thought CH was a good appointment, I now fear relegation...