Sign in to follow this  
simo

2nd Season Syndrome

I think there is no doubt that Hughton is struggling, and the squad is not good enough, but us and Swansea, are both feeling these effects. Don''t think you can quite say the same about QPR, as they just survived relegation last season. Thoughts?

the squad IS good enough, hughton & co are not

theres no excuses, he shouldnt get the time either, very similar squad 12th last season AND looked competitive in most games bar only a few turned into a complete pile of cr@p

they look a completely different team

Swansea I feel have the players, and made decent signings over the summer to improve their squad. I think they''ll be okay when they get ticking, although I do think they miss Joe Allen a fair bit.

Us? I just can''t see how we are going to improve, we look awful on all fronts. There''s no leadership, we just look week and completely out of our depth

I aint one for 2nd season syndrome at all, I just think Hughton has changed too much too quickly and is out of his depth!! At least swansea have won a couple of games!! i have forgotten what its like to see us win in the Prem!!!!

It''s pretty clear to see ...

NCFC + Lambert = promotion + promotion + Prem survival

NCFC - Lambert = Prem struggle.

Lambert made us perform X10 our true ability ... we are seeing the true / raw quality of our squad this season.

That''s not to say we can''t / won''t survive OR that CH is the best man for the job.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

It''s pretty clear to see ...

NCFC + Lambert = promotion + promotion + Prem survival

NCFC - Lambert = Prem struggle.

Lambert made us perform X10 our true ability ... we are seeing the true / raw quality of our squad this season.

That''s not to say we can''t / won''t survive OR that CH is the best man for the job.

[/quote]Thanks Paul.

2nd Season Syndrome is statistically rubbish. Only something like 28% of teams have gone down in their second season. It''s just when a team does (Hull, Birmingham, etc) people say ''Ah, second season syndrome''.

Lambert had every player playing to the absolute edge of their ability.

Under Hughton things seem too relaxed. Players perhaps, being played in the wrong way or expected to do too much. The game plan always seems hazy. What was todays? Just defend for our lives and keep the score down?

[quote user="baldyboy"]I aint one for 2nd season syndrome at all, I just think Hughton has changed too much too quickly and is out of his depth!! At least swansea have won a couple of games!! i have forgotten what its like to see us win in the Prem!!!![/quote]

I agree, I''ve lost that feeling too. You just feel dejected and can''t enjoy watching the replays of the few goals we score anymore