Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich vs QPR Official Unofficial Match Day Thread

very good performance. Did QPR have a single chance all afternoon? Dodgy penalty sure, but we had the same at the start of last season.

A lot happier today. Even though we didn''t win, there was a lot of promise.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]We are so unlucky, should have won that but yet again we get punished with a dodgy penalty.[/quote]
Yep. Agreed. Gutted not to win that but can''t be disappointed with our display. Ref has robbed us today. Cu*tenberg wants to have a serious look at himself after that showing. To$$er. Outstanding from all in a yellow shirt though, deserved more.

I''m happy with a point. We''ve reassured ourselves over last weeks debacle, were unlucky with the penalty (both the decision and missing Zamora''s cheating run). I was a little disappointed Hughton left it until 85 minutes to make a change but generally my faith has somewhat been restored him.

Terrible penalty decision! Rather happy with the way we played,especially the defence.Well done lads.

Great job... unlucky not to win... at least 3 dodgy decisions but we didn''t benefit from any... would have like to have seen Wes on with ten to goAnyway  happy with that

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ImDrunky"]We are so unlucky, should have won that but yet again we get punished with a dodgy penalty.[/quote]

Yep. Agreed. Gutted not to win that but can''t be disappointed with our display. Ref has robbed us today. Cu*tenberg wants to have a serious look at himself after that showing. To$$er. Outstanding from all in a yellow shirt though, deserved more.

[/quote]

I think the linesman was at fault for a few bad decisions as well.Sh1t display all round.

Overall, very pleased except we only got a point.

Almost all parts of the team played well.

For me Snodgrass was MOM (he looks a bit like Vinnie Jones with hair).

Barnett and Bassong were excellent. Garrido and Martin composed.

Johnson seemed to fade a bit in the latter stages and I didn''t notice too much of Howson (but that may just be watching on TV). Pilks was a bit less noticeable in the 2nd half too.

Holt bullied Hill all afternoon and Jackson scored the goal. I still think Jacko looks a bit lightweight though, but he played well, so that''s a bit churlish.

I think that performance will have restored the faith amongst the players and supporters and although we didn''t win it''s clear we haven''t lost our way as last week''s debacle might have suggested.

Onwards and upwards to Spurs.....

Damn 2 points robbed by referees and bad luck, but very happy with performance (third time I say it)

Bassong and Barnett played ok game. Both were bit uncomfortable under pressure, but caused only few free kicks.

Martin and Garrido were both good. Martin kept Hoilett quite quiet and Garrido made good runs.

Howson were good as usual. Made us tick and were always open. You cant dislike this guy. Johnson was also good, but still some of his decision are pretty awful in offensive end of the pitch.

Both wingers were exceptional. Too bad their effort wasnt rewarded.

Holt was very good. Made QPR defence tremble and won many good headers. Jackson gave him good support and this game just shows why I want Snoddy on the wing and someone with more pace in the mid. Makes opponents build up plays harder when there is speedy fellow tracking them down and cant rise their line too high.

Ruddy was great those few times he was needed.

While I feel that we should have the three points, I''m not that dissapointed really. After last week we needed a good performance above all else, and today at least shows this team in capable of playing well. Roll on Scunthorpe [:)]

Great game, I think all we need now is a striker, but I would of loved for Martin and Morison to of gotten more game time, Jackson looked a little selfish on the shots he took.

Snoddy, Garrido, and Bassong all wonderful, good fingertip save by ruddy for the pen, shame he didn''t have the backup for the rebound.

Great turn around in a week. Ok it''s only QPR.

However, for a side who are tipped to finish top10. We completely bossed the game, and the defenders looked very comfortable.

really impressed with CH, playing Barnett, who I am not a fan of, but probably was a selection to put pressure on Turner and Bennett. Barnett had a very good game.

Bassong, looked good. Considering the spurs fans comments, he plays better with a run of games, I am certainly looking forward to an improvement if that''s the case.

Midfield, Johnson (kick up the ass by Tettey signing?) All four of them looked good, Pilkington seemed to stay in the game more, than his usual drifting in and out.

Forwards, Jackson and Holt, looked good, carrying on from last year. It was a shame that some of the ''easy'' passes werent made to Holt at times, be nice to see him get a good opportunity to take a shot. Sure that will come.

I was quite vocal after the Fulham game, delighted to see a positive attitude by the players, and CH selection, didn''t seem to be a mister nice guy. quite ruthless with the defenders.

All in all, disappointed it was only a point considering the way we played. Believe the players deserved more. But extremely positive going forward.

Much better, would be very worried if I was a QPR fan, all those players, the huge wages and more still coming in and they really were very poor.

Overall i was pleased with what i saw today and there was a lot of positive signs. Garrido, Bassong and Snoddy all looked impressive and look like decent signings. We created quite a few good goalscoring chances and it highlighted we desperately need another quality striker to play upfront with Holt. If and i hope Tettey is the defensive midfeilder we''ve been crying out for then i think we are only one quality striker away from a decent squad that will give us a realistic chance of staying up.

Watching football first now and after seeing that penalty decision I am even more disappointed. But I am loving the fact we seem to be playing like we know we can. I just wish we took our chances better.