Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Just watching match choice again and garrido is superb

What fantastic positioning, ability on the ball and he looks a perm. Fixture. An upgrade on our full back position, which is now looking like one of our securest areas of the pitch. I love Tierney but no question we have class in that full back position now.

Who''d have thunk just a couple of weeks back when the legwetters were squealing out for a replacement left back that  (ex left back) Chris Hughton might just have known what he was doing?Second week in a row Garrido has assuredly oozed class, cheaper and better than the excellent Kyle Naughton, an outstanding addition imo!

[quote user="smooth"]What fantastic positioning, ability on the ball and he looks a perm. Fixture. An upgrade on our full back position, which is now looking like one of our securest areas of the pitch. I love Tierney but no question we have class in that full back position now.[/quote]

Spot on smooth. Just watched the match again and his vision and passing were outstanding.

He is a totally class act from head to toe. His cross for Snoddys missed header v qpr was amazing. Let''s hope he bonds with our players and fans and falls in love with the area. Garrison on a perm would be a lovely thing. I''m sure others would be interested If his season continues like though

After seeing him at the QPR game I was telling everybody he looked really classy, although I thought he was slightly off the pace due to fitness. Glad to hear the class continued yesterday. Looks like we have a quality player there.

Agreed. All the specuation about a striker has deflected from the fact that we have a defence at last.

Garrido, Bassong (and Whittaker will be more than useful,) it''s slowly sinking into my simple mind-set. Add to this a re-juvenated Barnett and Turner, who we have not seen the best of, and we are looking pretty handy at the back. A tougher nut to crack than for many a season. 

Tettee seems promising as well, but it may be a bit until we see much of him, because of a re-juvenated Johnson.

Well done Hooton!

[quote user="Wiz"]I''m a massive Marc T fan, but apart from injuries, suspension etc, I can''t see him shifting classy Garrido now.[/quote].....totally agree, garrido looks a nailed on starter now. in fact, the entire back four were immense yesterday and barney looks a completely different player now. hughton has worked wonders with him, and the entire defense.[:D][:)][:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]I''m a massive Marc T fan, but apart from injuries, suspension etc, I can''t see him shifting classy Garrido now.[/quote]I blame Delia! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]I''m a massive Marc T fan, but apart from injuries, suspension etc, I can''t see him shifting classy Garrido now.[/quote]
I blame Delia! [;)]
[/quote]

You''ve gotta blame someone Lapps but I feel for poor old Wiz. The people running our club don''t give a stuff for the old boys feelings. I bet he was left to find out about Garrido on here! Same with Jamie Lad. One day he''s on Wiz''s knee and the next they get rid. Little ol'' Norwich used to be such a caring club......

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Im betting that SI believes he is a ''real lad'' because of his sig....

No, your just a perv.[/quote]It''s "you''re", short for "you are"......No, you''re just a thicko.....

Actually BW''s cat, I think SI just appreciates the finer things in life, like if I may bring the thread back on subject, Garrido.  At the moment I think I can honestly say I have never seen a finer left back, in terms of positional sense and ball playing ability.  Hopefully he will be consistent enough like other great LB''s from the past and not just a flash in the pan.  Hopefully too he might be able to score the odd 25 yard screamer too.  Fantastic loan - save some shekels McNasty in order to take advantage of an offer for a permanent signing!

If that is what you think of the woman in the picture, so be it BW''s cat.  I actually think she is an intelligent person, based on the premise she is jogging in clothes appropriate for physical exercise whilst listening to some education tapes on her walkman.  The fact that she was also getting paid for this as well backs that up.  Now if you were going to counter with a picture of Beckham (or perhaps even our own R Martin!) in just their underpants, well that''s another thing!  ;)

Right back on the thread''s subject, since when have you seen a better left back than Garrido in a City shirt?

"She has clothes appropiate for physical exercise"

So?

She went out to get a jog, not to get oogled at by perverts like you...

[quote user="shefcanary"]Right back on the thread''s subject, since when have you seen a better left back than Garrido in a City shirt?[/quote]I saw Bunny Larkin when he ripped his shorts! Does that count?

Men go for looks. Ladies go for decent behaviour and security. That''s the way nature intended. I might be getting on now, but I can still admire the finer points of the other half. That''s not Chauvenism, that''s me obeying the set of rules initiated when I was born a boy.

You obviously missed this from my earlier reply:

The fact that she was also getting paid for this as well backs that up.

Details BW''s Cat!

All we really need to see from Garrido is some good linking up with Pilkington to get more crosses in. I think in time Pilks will gain confidence in pushing further forward to make that a reality, hopefully getting used to the new PL ball and not overhitting it like he did at times yesterday. Come October Holt should really be benefitting from that. This could turn out to be a really great left sided partnership.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="shefcanary"]Right back on the thread''s subject, since when have you seen a better left back than Garrido in a City shirt?[/quote]
I saw Bunny Larkin when he ripped his shorts! Does that count?
[/quote]

I can''t see why not!  Time is a great healer.

We ought to have a thread about SI''s signature.    Since when was it wrong to admire a picture of a beautiful woman?  We can admire the physique of a great male athlete - is that perverted too?      There is no reason why we can''t admire SI''s signature.   Chillax BWC.

Garrido?  A class act.   Great to see the team developing and the kind of players we are buying/loaning in.