Sign in to follow this  
drurys dodgy knee

Well screw you too, El Ahamadi

You can''t blame a Villa fan for talking up his team. 

One of the most interesting aspects of this season is the stories surrounding different clubs.   Liverpool/Swansea/W.Ham (Caroll saga)  Norwich and Villa.     I suspect alot of us Norwich fans are going to follow Villa''s progress quite closely - to see if Lambert follows a similar course - and to see if the Villa team shapes to anything like as good as we were last season under him.  I have to agree the signs are already there.    The players will respect him - they will buy into the competetive philosophy - and they should do well.    However - long term  Norwich are progressing as a club and we have a couple of seasons advantage over Villa, having already had the benefit of the Lambert effect.     Hughton will develop this imo into a more refined and stylish brand of football - which will keep us ahead of Villa in their attempts to become a progressive club. 

Part of me hopes lambert will fail - I think he will probably succeed though - but I still think that  Norwich will be ahead of Villa at the end of the season.    

They''ll be a hell of a game in the Championship next year.... can see Sky now "Sky presents the clash of two once proud football clubs now fallen on hard times, no longer the clubs they once were...."

[quote user="lake district canary"]

You can''t blame a Villa fan for talking up his team. 

One of the most interesting aspects of this season is the stories surrounding different clubs.   Liverpool/Swansea/W.Ham (Caroll saga)  Norwich and Villa.     I suspect alot of us Norwich fans are going to follow Villa''s progress quite closely - to see if Lambert follows a similar course - and to see if the Villa team shapes to anything like as good as we were last season under him.  I have to agree the signs are already there.    The players will respect him - they will buy into the competetive philosophy - and they should do well.    However - long term  Norwich are progressing as a club and we have a couple of seasons advantage over Villa, having already had the benefit of the Lambert effect.     Hughton will develop this imo into a more refined and stylish brand of football - which will keep us ahead of Villa in their attempts to become a progressive club. 

Part of me hopes lambert will fail - I think he will probably succeed though - but I still think that  Norwich will be ahead of Villa at the end of the season.    

[/quote]

But a Villa fan who comes on a rival PL club''s forum just after taking their manager and persists in what could be seen (I''m being generous here) provocative posts with no "right of reply"  in the event that we prove to be more successful than Villa this season IS A TROLL.

If AJ let us know what Villa forum he posts on so we can "meet up" at the end of the season and look at the concrete evidence of who has done best, then I would agree he''s a fellow fan who''s here in the spirit of open debate. As it is, he''s just another WE8WBA or BlueMike who we won''t see for dust once it''s clear they can no longer act as Billy Big B*llocks because we''re proving them wrong by doing better than their so-called "big" club.

Villa made it into the third tier in the early 70s. Unlike the proper big boys, Man U, Arsenal, etc. etc.

Past glories are nice, but after Martin O''Neill overspent to get them up to sixth, those fading photographs won''t pay the huge wage bill or for expensive new signings to challenge the London and Manchester clubs.

Villa are the new Leeds.

1. I don''t live in Birmingham, but I wish I did. A modern cosmopolitan city with everything you could want at your finger tips. Are you saying I''d rather live in East Anglia ???. You probably have to drive 50 miles for a gig or a night out!. It''s like living in the stone age, believe me I''ve spent a week in Norfolk, and it felt like a year. If you like that kind of thing good luck to you. Give me a City any day

2. I''ll think you''ll find Villa not only finished in the top 3 in the 90s they finished in the top 2. And our average finishing position in the PL years is 6th

3. You''ll never see Villa relegated as long as you follow football

4. Our current finances are now bang on target and the squad is in rude health once more

5. Come May, we''ll have achieved this seasons aim. Mid table with the young lads bedding into a good side to progress the season after, and the next 5, 10 etc after that

6. Happy as Larry, or Lambert I guess

UTV

[quote user="Dodds"]What, your away ends are packed out forty minutes before kick off?[/quote]

The clue is where the stewards are sitting. They ain''t moving, because there won''t be a need to, either then or 40 minutes later!

Ps. When we went as low as the third division in the 70''s, the media still followed us as a big club. Probably as our attendances remained well above what even your current stadium could hold now

UTV

Getting back to El Ahamadi, he is 4th in the table of fouls conceded so far and has also picked up the most yellow cards - two. And on another topic, the fastest player in the PL clocked at 23.12 mph is Howson.

And there you go, a lad not bright enough to realise Norwich is a City. I guess even the clue in Norwich City Football Club was too hard for a small child (has to be doesn''t it) to get LOL! Still posting on a bigger clubs website..... can''t help himself poor lad.

Our midfield is head & shoulders above Lamberts hastily clad misfits. They looked sh*te at Newcastle.

I mean name one player they have in Snoddy''s class? Exactly.....

"Come May, we''ll have achieved this seasons aim. Mid table"

Aiming high, then, AJ.

Can''t think the finances can be that good when you were charging us "standard" charges for our game at Villa last year but some of your adult supporters were paying very reduced rates. This suggests that Villa are trying to target the casual fan, but not very successfully. Indeed, that Independent article suggested the decline in attendances predates McLeish.

By the way, can you enlighten us as to how many season ticket holders Villa has, just to put our small-club crowds into context? Ours are capped at 22,000.

How high would be aiming after 2 seasons flirting with relegation?. It''s called being realistic

Norwich is a city?, I know the team have that in their name but you''d never have guessed. It''s like a country village with more churches. Do any big bands ever come to town?. It must be a right pain in the arse having to travel to London or Birmingham for a night out that''s not a barn dance. Come to think of it you could go to Ipswich I guess

You wouldn''t want any of our midfield and i wouldn''t want any of yours. Seems we''re both happy then!

Onwards we go UTV

PS. As you obviously know, we sold out our allocation for Newcastle (as always) and if you''d watched it, you''d have noticed you could only hear our lot. Tells you all you need to know about the Geordies

I''m guessing we have around 26k this year. But I know we''ve capped em around that under O''Neill

I''d imagine our season average come May will be between 37-40k

[quote user="AJ"]1. I don''t live in Birmingham, but I wish I did. A modern cosmopolitan city with everything you could want at your finger tips. Are you saying I''d rather live in East Anglia ???. You probably have to drive 50 miles for a gig or a night out!. It''s like living in the stone age, believe me I''ve spent a week in Norfolk, and it felt like a year. If you like that kind of thing good luck to you. Give me a City any day 2. I''ll think you''ll find Villa not only finished in the top 3 in the 90s they finished in the top 2. And our average finishing position in the PL years is 6th 3. You''ll never see Villa relegated as long as you follow football 4. Our current finances are now bang on target and the squad is in rude health once more 5. Come May, we''ll have achieved this seasons aim. Mid table with the young lads bedding into a good side to progress the season after, and the next 5, 10 etc after that 6. Happy as Larry, or Lambert I guess UTV[/quote]

its nice to know we''re dealing with facts here....not.

your in major debt and villa could get relegated.

I can''t believe someone would actually want to live anywhere near birmingham, it one of the roughest areas i''ve ever been to.

1. Last time I checked, Norwich was a city. Also it takes me about 5 minutes to get to the city centre by Bus from Cringleford, where I can then enjoy a coffee at one of the splendid Malls, have a walk around the forum, go visit the Library there and then shop till I drop.

How rustic.

2. I think you''ll find Villa did this nearly 10-15 years ago. Come back to the present lad.

3. Says who? Did the footballing gods send you a prophecy of how Villa will never get relegated?

4. "Our squad is in rude health"

Well, when they are all kids I guess they will be won''t they? Finances bang on target you say? Well good for you, it''s not like the other 20 clubs are in good financial standing either! How special..

5. Like one of the previous posters said, Mid table? For a big club that sure is a BIG target!

6. So you are "Happy as Larry, or Lambert I guess" when your fans booed your team off at half-time in your second game?

AJ a classic case of ignorance breeding fear & hate... be careful with him Pink Un posters, we don''t want to knock back his development too much!

Now AJ here''s a test for you Ipswich Town is it  A) A City B) A Town? And no asking mum you little rascal...

I''m sensing an awful lot of bitterness still. Lamberts gone, move on. As for being jealous of our size, give it a rest

Size isn''t important they say

As a city, tell me which stars are frequenting Norwich these days?. Who has the local Arena got booked and if not where do you have to drive to to see your favourite bands?

I''m sure the smell of cow shit in the morning makes up for it though ;) only joking

Not everyone''s cut out for basic living

AJ ''you sold out your allocation as always'' did you? Even if that picture was taken 40 minutes before kick off (it wasn''t) you can tell that you only have a small allocation because of where the segregation and stewards are. 750 maximum - wow, give yourself a pat on the back!

Little old Naaridge took 2,000 there last season, on a Sunday, on SKY and it was mothers day (cue boring incest joke).

OTBC

"Not everybody''s cut out for basic living"

Confirmation of the troll if it was ever needed.

Plenty of bands visit us AJ...the UEA has several concerts a year. I went to a MUSE one for example.

BW, It''s always easy to get these trolls to trip up, as they''re a bit dim. Like shooting fish in a barrel.....

Regardless of the fact that the ''joke'' is offensive to some people (Such as myself, family jokes just make me feel sick), it also displays your true self, an attention seeking troll.

I wish city1st was here, he would set you straight...

I wouldn''t be in the least bit surprised if you took 2k to Newcastle. This is all still new and exciting to you

Personally, I wouldn''t pay £35 upwards to watch Villa or any other football team ANYWHERE

I call that common sense

Dearest AJ,

Are you saying that your personalities are offensive? LOL!

You where always going down the "sister" route because it''s what ignorant stupid people do...

You''re the best fun we''ve had for a while. Use to be Ipswich fans but they''ve got the message. You will to son....x

Quote from the Guardian, May 2012:"... Villa attendances fall to their lowest level since the 2000-01 campaign. Villa have frozen season-ticket prices for anyone buying before 1 June, regraded 2,000 seats – some of these seats, now the third cheapest in the league, were £580 last season – and introduced a family ticket for two adults and two under-16s, which would have cost in excess of £1,100 last season and is now £695."

So, falling attendances (not just McLeish) and cheaper tickets (relative to both inflation and other clubs), with some being the third cheapest in the league.

Also factor in:

1. a recession that has hit the Midlands far harder than many other parts of the country (viz WBA reducing their season ticket prices this year)

2. Lerner reining in his spending (hence appointment of Paul "third-choice-but-work-miracles-with-peanuts" Lambert),

and the odds must surely be mounting of a repeat of your 1970s "blip" down the divisions.