Sign in to follow this  
drurys dodgy knee

Well screw you too, El Ahamadi

When you look at your openning fixtures, AJ, if Villa don''t get at least 10 points from before they play us, then it may well be a battle for Villa. Our midfield will run riot around yours, just hope that our front line will be firing by then.

I don''t think any signings Lambert has made since leaving here would have improved our starting 11 and that says''s a lot about Villa and where they are right now!

As for player not wanting to play at small clubs, well Dempsey made the same choice and wanted to play for a big club!

Villa''s first 8 fixtures!

August 18 West Ham (A)

August 25 Everton (H)

September 1 Newcastle (A)

September 15 Swansea (H)

September 22 Southampton (A)

September 29 West Brom (H)

October 6 Tottenham (A)

October 20 Fulham (A)

[quote user="Indy"]

I don''t think any signings Lambert has made since leaving here would have improved our starting 11 and that says''s a lot about Villa and where they are right now!

[/quote]You could expand that to include the players he inherited with the exception of Bent IMO, and if Villa do continue to struggle I can see him leaving in Jan anyway......

Whereas you were quite happy with our signings -

"Tettey - Surplust to requirements by an average French side
Butterfield - unproven and potentially injury prone.
Whittaker - most rangers fans glad to see the back of him. ( that''s a Scottish 3rd division side)
Kane - unproven teenager. Why not use our academy players?
Garrido - couldn''t get a game at lazio and kept out the man c team by the mighty Michael ball.
Bassong - relegated from the premier league with two clubs. Coincidence? Probably not.
Bunn - pointless signing when we have two of England''s hottest young keepers in reserve

Our transfer dealings in short have been pathetic for a premier league club. The least ambition in the premier league deserves to be rewarded with relegation."

In fact when challenged about your ''assessment'' you added -

"However I''m pretty sure my "spin" is more likey to be proved correct. Idiot."

what an odd fellow you are Lincoln, perhaps you suffer from false memory syndrom as do others on here

I wonder why ?

To be fair, Villa Park does hold 42k, from an outsiders point of view, Villa would appear to be the bigger, better option.

That''s why we need to increase our capacity as soon as possibly, so in turn we can attract players from poorly educated countries

So Billabong players from "poorly educated" country''s make decisions based on ground capacity..?

Now I know why a club like Wigan has never signed anyone from a "poorly educated" country. And why Leeds and Sheff Wed continue to attract these "un-educated" gems.

No, you will find Wigan is a little different, those that left their uneducated shores thought Roberto Martinez said they can come and live in Wigwam

Look''s like Lincoln has been rumbled. Another case of ''selective memory'' at work I see. SImilar to a certain magician friend of ours...

Lesson No 2, senor Panchez

The trick often used is to make up something (fairly snide) then build the attack from there - as above with a supposed claim, I never made. If the latter attack fails the original smear/lie will enter people''s mind. Even when directly challenged it can still be maintained as in I haven''t the time to locate the evidence - but the subtext is that it does exist/

In Lincoln''s case it is done by denegrating the summer signings so much so as to then further add that we deserve to be relegated, Not will probably, or will be relegated, but something rather different. We deserve to be relegated.

Reasoned and rational arguments ? I doubt very much. They require exposing for what they are.

It is then up to others to decide what lies behind their intent.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]"never heard of him?.....besides which ,lets see how good he is to Villa during the African nations cup?" Never knew Holland was in Africa![/quote]

Do your research if you want to come back at me !!.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karim_El_Ahmadi

[/quote]Fair comment GJL but Villa fans might say the same about Bassong

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]"never heard of him?.....besides which ,lets see how good he is to Villa during the African nations cup?" Never knew Holland was in Africa![/quote]

Do your research if you want to come back at me !!.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karim_El_Ahmadi

[/quote]

Fair comment GJL but Villa fans might say the same about Bassong
[/quote]

well they might but he''s not under discussion here...besides which I''d suggest we have better cover for him than Villa do this guy??

Thank you Mr. Hopkins, I do believe that you are right. Spot these types of people out and then expose them for what they are. Hopefully natural justice takes over from there.

How sad, "we DESERVE to be relegated". Like you said, I see no reasoned or logical argument there. Thanks for the tip.

Know your enemies.

I do hope El Ahmadi and Lambert enjoy playing in front of away following such as these.  Big club, my arse.

[IMG]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/Norwich_2010/A1zsxFWCIAA8srG.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I do hope El Ahmadi and Lambert enjoy playing in front of away following such as these.  Big club, my arse.

[IMG]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/Norwich_2010/A1zsxFWCIAA8srG.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Jesus Christ EC is that pic for real!?! ''Big club'' my arse.

To think we filled up that place when it takes us nearly twice as long to get there...

[quote user="BWs Cat"][quote user="Excited Canary"]I do hope El Ahmadi and Lambert enjoy playing in front of away following such as these.  Big club, my arse.

[IMG]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af321/Norwich_2010/A1zsxFWCIAA8srG.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Jesus Christ EC is that pic for real!?! ''Big club'' my arse.

To think we filled up that place when it takes us nearly twice as long to get there...[/quote]Yep, a Newcastle fan put it on Twitter saying that it was one of the worst away following he had seen at SJP in a while. You can''t help but think Lambert may find it a bit discouraging considering we basically ALWAYS sold out away ends and he always said how important the fans were.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]"never heard of him?.....besides which ,lets see how good he is to Villa during the African nations cup?"

Never knew Holland was in Africa![/quote]It''s not. He''s from Morocco ;)

[quote user="City1st"]

Whittaker - most rangers fans glad to see the back of him. ( that''s a Scottish 3rd division side)
Garrido - couldn''t get a game at lazio and kept out the man c team by the mighty Michael ball.
Bassong - relegated from the premier league with two clubs. Coincidence? Probably not.
Bunn - pointless signing when we have two of England''s hottest young keepers in reserve

Our transfer dealings in short have been pathetic for a premier league club. The least ambition in the premier league deserves to be rewarded with relegation."

what an odd fellow you are Lincoln, perhaps you suffer from false memory syndrom as do others on here

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

I stick by everything I said. Our ambition is poor and you can''t expect to survive in the premiership by not spending the appropriate cash. For that reason the board cannot be surprised at relegation.

My point about being happy the window closed was only in regard to Villa. I was disappointed that we failed to bring in the quality striker we clearly need, however in the case of villa I was happy the window closed without them adding any more players to the squad. Like I said currently Villa look like the weakest squad in the league, however we are not much stronger.

Why was this so hard to understand?

EVERYTHING about Villa is a better option. That''s just the natural order of things.

Ask someone with a vague interest in football to tell you something about Villa and they''d probably say European Cup winners, iconic club, historic, great ground, they created the football league, provided England with more players than any other club etc etc

Ask the same question about Norwich and they''d probably say ''Delia Smith''

That''s just the way it is. Not my fault!

Back to this season, someone said they wouldn''t want any of our signings, phew!. Ha

I''m sure we''d love some of yours ;)

Onwards with Lamberts revolution UTV

[quote user="AJ"]EVERYTHING about Villa is a better option. That''s just the natural order of things. Ask someone with a vague interest in football to tell you something about Villa and they''d probably say European Cup winners, iconic club, historic, great ground, they created the football league, provided England with more players than any other club etc etc Ask the same question about Norwich and they''d probably say ''Delia Smith'' That''s just the way it is. Not my fault! Back to this season, someone said they wouldn''t want any of our signings, phew!. Ha I''m sure we''d love some of yours ;) Onwards with Lamberts revolution UTV[/quote]

Every now and againa club can get lucky and stumble through to a European Cup win, I''ll put you in the same cateogory as Steua Bucharest and FC Porto rather than Real Madrid ,Ajax or Bayern Munich I think?

Youve won one league in 100 years and one FA Cup in 50 years, a lot of your trophies were won before 1910 when there were only about 16 teams in the whole football league.

our just another Huddesfield Town,Blackpool or Preston

oh yes and your''e very boring......run along

[quote user="City1st"]

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

personally wouldn''t listen to lincoln C. He said B. Johnson would have a shocker at spurs as he''s awful, yet turned out to be the best player on the pitch. He''s nothing but a doom mongerer, much like wiz and bore.

It doesnt matter when you win things, once they''re won it''s there for life on your honours list

The Rolling Stones are still going strong, still considered the best rock n roll band in the world (well alongside AC/DC) ... it''s all based on ancient history though

At the end of the day, it''s better to have a proud old history than NO history as I''m sure you''d agree

Who knows, 100 years from now Norwich might have one however unlikely that seems. You can''t second guess the future

UTV

Man City have never won the champions league... Maybe aguero and co should have chosen villa to completely fulfill their potential...

Interestingly enough for AJ, the Independent published an article just a couple of days ago about the size of Villa as a club (although it omitted to mention that it was little old Norwich, not Villa, that made it into the Top 3 of English football in the 1990s).

Villa try to make passing impression of ''huge club''

Arrival of Paul Lambert has changed the style but not yet the substance

Sunday 02 September 2012

Just how big a club are Aston Villa? "Huge, huge," was the estimation of Paul Lambert when he was introduced as their manager in June. Some might say he was merely comparing them with Norwich City, Colchester United and Wycombe Wanderers, the previous clubs he has been in charge of in an indisputably upward trajectory. Others would point out that anyone who has played for the former European Cup winners Celtic and Borussia Dortmund has a fair idea of relative size.

Of course, Villa won the cup with big ears too, 30 years ago, but a wise old fan used to suggest that they had done well to be thought of as a big club, having in the best part of the past 100 years added to it no more than one League title and one FA Cup (he did not consider the League Cup worth mentioning).

Some of that reputation may also have been down to having an imposing stadium in days when many were slums, staging more FA Cup semi-finals than any other ground and always attracting good crowds. For much younger supporters, three successive sixth-place finishes between 2008-10 under Martin O''Neill confirmed the impression that they were a top-six side.

Then there was the fact that since the Premier League began, Villa have been top dogs in the parochial Midlands. In those 20 seasons only Nottingham Forest (1995), Birmingham City (2003) and West Bromwich Albion (2012) of their local rivals have finished above them. Yet even in the O''Neill era, attendances were slipping and once the League positions fell more dramatically, to ninth under Gérard Houllier and then 16th, disenchantment rather than harsh economic reality led to an overall drop of 15.4 per cent in five years – and nine per cent last season alone.

Some of those fans returned for the opening home game last weekend but were dismayed by a display that allowed Everton a 3-0 lead by half-time against a team in which the Dutch centre-half Ron Vlaar was the newcomer with the highest profile.

There was a brief flurry of excitement on Friday when it seemed that Clint Dempsey, scorer of 17 League goals last season and coveted by Liverpool and Spurs, might be heading for Villa Park. Instead the club were grateful to get two strikers in Christian Benteke from Genk and Chesterfield''s Jordan Bowery.

The previous centre forward to be recruited was Darren Bent, for a club-record fee of more than £18m, and fans reluctantly acknowledge that the contrast shows how times have changed even since Houllier''s day, let alone O''Neill''s. It was the owner Randy Lerner''s decision to tighten the purse strings that prompted O''Neill to walk out a few days before the start of the season two years ago.

Alex McLeish, insensitively recruited from local rivals Birmingham, and his successor Lambert have found them no looser, although the latter said on Friday: "Randy''s been great." He also insisted: "There''s no two ways about it, this is a huge club with a terrific fan base and excellent facilities. What they''ve done in the past, winning the European Cup, that should never be forgotten. If you''re here you have to live with that."

As well as accepting the new culture of financial restraint, Lambert is trying to change to a more pleasing passing style. In the 1-0 defeat at West Ham on the opening day, fans were chanting in mock surprise: "We''re Aston Villa, we''re passing the ball!" The approach has won him time and respect – though not yet matches, which adds to the pressure for today''s game at Newcastle, where they have a poor record.

Lambert denies there will be a relegation struggle. Gratitude for such small mercies is what a "huge" club has been reduced to.

All that champions league win shows is that you could win it again as long as things were like they were back then...

No modern economics, so teams relied more on home grown talent.

No bigger stadiums and standing allowed... Get that ''massive'' villa following in the ground

Cheap tickets, so the scum fans you have can turn up with a quid and watch.

No decent competition nearby from the better West Bromwich and the equally as good wolves and brum.

Face it, none of this will happen again, so you won''t win the champs league again.

Also, the better teams abroad make the chance even more remote. So.

Stop living in the past, you are the 17th best team around, we are the 12th. (in england)

AJ is LDC Villa cousin!

Good to see you so positive about your club AJ, I hope you feel the same next year in the championship.

History does not pay the wages, massage the ego''s or put fans on the seats!

Your club as many other''s is suffering a fianacial block, players who are not as good as you think they are and an unproven manager! Lambert done a great job with us, but that was when we hit rock bottom, no pressure and he fitted our club!

If Villa are such a huge club then surely an intenational class manager would have taken the job not the your thrid choice manager?

I accept that your passionate about Villa but you won''t get much support on your theories on here, we like the Baggies!

AJ,

Couple of points son.

1) You live in Birmingham.... I understand your frustrations, what a sh*thole!

2) We got a better manager now so it must hurt. He actually knows how to coach a defence.

3) You''re in terminal decline owned by an American you just wants to make money, we''re going to be debt free and on the up. Must really get to you LOL

4) You could not beat a really poor Newcastle on Sunday, you must be sooooo proud

5) Don''t see any of us on Villa sites.... we don''t care you see.

Now concentrate no getting a job and stop trying to seem important on bigger clubs websites. Good lad