Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey

Indy you doggedly go on about his lack of goals, but fail to see his link play and his value in assists. So here''s a question. Holt hasn''t scored yet, but his contribution to the team the past to games have been great.  Would you drop him just on the fact he hasn''t scored?

[quote user="The Pink un Role Model"]Indy you doggedly go on about his lack of goals, but fail to see his link play and his value in assists.[/quote] I can absolutely see the link play Heskey offers, and have previously

agreed that I can see some value in this, but that doesn''t justify or

negate his completely shocking performance goal wise over the past 6-7

years.[quote]So here''s a question. Holt hasn''t scored yet, but his contribution to the team the past to games have been great.  Would you drop him just on the fact he hasn''t scored?[/quote]Based on 3 games - absolutely not, but if he did that for 3 SEASONS then I would have wanted him out well before.The principle is simple, managers pay big money for strikers who score goals, that why the likes of RVP, Aguero, Rooney et al, all fetch massive transfer fees, now tell me how many players such as Heskey get similar moves and fees? The answer is very few because managers don''t pay for someone who can''t hit the broadside of a barn but isn''t bad at bringing a ball down, they pay for someone who''ll put the ball in the net at every decent opportunity.What makes me smile about the whole idea, is that Moro got some harsh criticism last season when he was off form for a few months (despite already having scored 9), yet some fans are advocating signing a guy who hasn''t been on-form for over 5 years!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Funny, I saw him score a good goal against Brazil in a World Cup Quarter Final Match against Brazil.[/quote]

Under those circumstances, I''d have been astounded if he''d scored a good goal against anyone else.

[/quote]

Now that reminds me of Harold Wison.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]No big emile for us then...[/quote]

Seems not. I''m still hoping for ''arold though...

[/quote]

Nah, too clever by half.  But Jim''ll fix it. 

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

These islands you moved to Bly are you sure they are not the Scilly Isles ?[*-)]

[/quote]

It''s OK to be outside of the loop sometimes. Really.

But not too often.............

OTBC