Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Having the courage to........

Sack our bloody inept manager!.

Look at the revived form of West Brom and Southampton, I rest my case.

Be honest, how many of you laughed at them for doing it?

Its far too late of course now, we should have done that about the time that those two teams did, but lacked the courage to do so!.

Well now the chickens, or canaries in our case, have really  come home to roost.

Enjoy!.

Agree 100% , West Brom were dead and buried untill they changed the manager , look at them now 2 points off Palace .Only 1 side is cut adrift now , and as you say its all to late to do anything . Worthington told teletext last week the fans need not worry he wont be leaving if we go down . Well i for one am a lot more worried that he intends to stay , how we are playing we wont be bouncing straight back up .

For once il agree with you Wizzard,but only because i said the very same thing 2 weeks ago that Worthy should have gone at least by Christmas to give us a chance of staying up.We all know a new manager is often worth 10 or 12 points,Robson & Redknapp have proved me right. I just wonder if you will get slated as much as i did for daring to say my honest opinions about Worthy?

I really don''t know what to say. I know the team has been poor for a long while now, and that it appears that Worthy could have done more, but would sacking him really help? Firstly who would you replace him with? There are only three managers who I would consider to have proven credidials, Strachan (who I doubt would come here), Mr potato head himself, and a certain Derby manager. In worthy we have got a manager who has built a team (with a bit of crap) from nothing, and won us the league. Realistically we aren''t going to stay up, even if we get a new manager because we simply aren''t good enough. Remember West Brom are recent ex-prem so have had greater financial backing, and Palace have simply been lucky they have a striker who has scored loads of goals for them, without him they would be below us, easily!

All I will say is give Worthy one more season and see where we are. It''s been a long, hard, and frustrating season, next year we will be back in the fizzy and with a few signings will be in a strong position to bounce back and we will all have smiles on our faces again!

Also, I remember a TV critic saying at the beginning of the season how great the Norwich fans but how he bet we wouldn''t be by the end of the season, lets not prove them right, lets all just have some fun and enjoy the rest of the season (before we are back in the fizzy).

wizard, you are a waste of oxygen. It seems everybody (like yourself) has the answers, so why aren''t you a football manager? Do I recall over recent years a club that went through mangers like there''s no tomorrow, where did that get us? He hasn''t done a particularly bad job, people seem to expect our club with its modest budget and resources to compete in arguably the toughest league in the world. OK, so we look destined to go down, now by my logic keeping the manager who got us out of that league in such impressive style would be a good person to have on board next year, yes? I eagerly await your fascinating (and probably banal) reply.

I''m sorry Wiz but you are very very wrong.  If (and I have to say it''s looking more likely than ever) we do go down, Worthy will be the absolute best man to get us back up.  You won''t be saying this in a years time.  I absolutely guarantee it 

It can only be a matter of time, because if Worthington is satisfied with that we are due a longer stay than nine years in the fizzy league on our next visit.

We cannot find our own players with simple passing movements, corners and set pieces are a joke. At most games the opposition have had free headers in our box today was no different three Norwich players jump for a ball and a Bolton player wins it.

I cannot see where the next point is coming from this season but I will still be there next season lets hope that the under new management signs are up.

I have been saying that Worthy is the best man to get us up again next season, but I''m not so sure now. I''m starting to wonder how much influence he has over the players anymore. Do the players still respect him? If we don''t get good results in the first 4/5 games of next season, then the pressure on him will be huge.

Yep, I''m the same. I''ve backed Worthy to the hilt up this season, but now I really have my doubts. I think that he should be given 10 games or so next season and then, if he''s not prioducing the goods, we''ll have to find someone else. We cannot afford to lose the momentum next season. 

Worthy out posters, please be so kind as to post who exactly should replace him? Try to be realistic too.

And who else would have attracted Hucks and Ashton to our fine city?

Anyone can moan from the safety of a PC and of course that is your right. But who else realistically, could we get that would be any better?

And please DONT say Iwan, Malky, Crook, etc etc etc

[quote]wizard, you are a waste of oxygen. It seems everybody (like yourself) has the answers, so why aren''t you a football manager? Do I recall over recent years a club that went through mangers like there''s...[/quote]

Is that the best insult you can do Marty?, waste of oxygen indeed!.

If you, and that much admired poster DD (Top bloke by the way) think that after yesterdays abysmal performance, Worthless can get us up next year, well, sorry chaps, but I think you''re both very mistaken.

The final straw for me yesterday was Worthy sending on the Doc with 3, yes 3 minutes to go in an attempt to get something out of the game, the Sky blokes couldn''t understand that either!.

It had taking him 87 minutes to work out that we needed a more effective battering ram type up front, Jeez!.

And you''re confident about next season?, amazing!.

I have to say that I haven''t been an advocate of change but I am really starting to wonder now. Last night we  saw the same old stuff which has won us just three games and made us a virtual laughing stock defensively. Poor organisation, passes going astray and when they went to feet they were often hospital passes to a man with no options. Why on earth do our whole team (apart from Leon and Deano) think that we are prohibited from getting within 3 yards of the man in possession? We don''t close down, we don''t pressurise and Bolton could run rings round us. Time and time again it happens and nothing gets done about it. At least Greeno had a better game but even he lost heart and didn''t bother to try for the shot that hit the bar......

[quote]I have been saying that Worthy is the best man to get us up again next season, but I''m not so sure now. I''m starting to wonder how much influence he has over the players anymore. Do the players still ...[/quote]

Exactly, the confidence is all gone and you can see it. The manager, staff and Delia can harp on about the spirit being high among the players as much as they like, but this is complete rubbish. Over the last few months, you can see in players reactions that they are not happy. Some examples from just yesterday, Charlton was filmed yesterday looking glum, like he wished he was anywhere but on the Norwich bench (would of probably looked much happier on the Bolton one!) And when Stuart was taken off, he looked slightly annoyed putting it mildly! I know these examples are just little things that don''t prove much, but can you seriously imagine everything within the club being as harmonious as we are always being told? I think Worthy has lost a lot of respect from his team, for his favouritism towards certain players if not for anything else.

I don''t know how to rate these posts but if I did I would give it one star at most.Who''s going to replace him - is he going to be successful?

You seem to forget that Worthy is hugely inexperienced - he came from Blackpool before us. Of course it is not all going to click at once. Now I''m not happy with what is going on,but oyu just seem to be irrational calling for his head - some of you are saying he should have gone at Christmas, when we were only a couple of points off safety. Now it is too late, and indeed to sack him now would be a disaster, as I think we are perfectly equipped to bounce straight back

[quote]I don''t know how to rate these posts but if I did I would give it one star at most.Who''s going to replace him - is he going to be successful? You seem to forget that Worthy is hugely inexperienced - ...[/quote]

You click ''Rate This Topic'' near the top right of each page. If you can''t see it, it may be because you don''t have Javascript installed/working.

[quote]Worthy out posters, please be so kind as to post who exactly should replace him? Try to be realistic too. And who else would have attracted Hucks and Ashton to our fine city? Anyone can moan from th...[/quote]

Strachen or Burly, At Last!!!, okay?.

We are not perfectly eqipped to bounce back , how we are playing at the moment we wouldnt beat many teams in the Championship. Players like Charlton , Helveg and Doherty will want away from this club asap and after the way they have been treated you really cannot blame them .

Wiz my friend, I don''t want to dig up the past, but correct me if I''m wrong:  At the beginning of last season were you not saying exactly the same thing?  That Worthy will never take us up the Premiership?  He did and he did it very effectively.  Maybe you just need more faith in him?

[quote]Wiz my friend, I don''t want to dig up the past, but correct me if I''m wrong: At the beginning of last season were you not saying exactly the same thing? That Worthy will never take us up the Premier...[/quote]

Shhh DD, you''re not supposed to mention that!.

But at least I''m consistent my friend, yes?.

Hang on, didn''t you use the defence once, that you had the perfect right to change your mind, not once, but three times in a week in your case, if I remember correctly?. 

3000 plus posts mate, what a hero.

[quote]Shhh DD, you''re not supposed to mention that!. But at least I''m consistent my friend, yes?. Hang on, didn''t you use the defence once, that you had the perfect right to change your mind, not once, bu...[/quote]

Lol!  Touche wiz!  Yes I did use that defence.  Of course every fan has the right to change their mind.  However, on this occassion I can''t see mine being altered!  Keep up the good work

1st Wizard i think you are suffering from a well known fairweather football supporters decease (fickleitis) here is a post you wrote not that long a go:

Worthy can spell cast magical powers, that yours truly, can only dream of.

Trust me as a wizard, when I say that Nigel''s power''s eclipses my own by a mile.

How else can you explain how he conjures up signing''s like Hucks and Ashton every Christmas, fingers crossed!.

I wonder if he gives free lessons?, I could sure do with some help of late!.

I''m now left wondering who else he''s going to pull out of his top hat. Mr Harewood?, or is that just another wizards 1st rule in operation?..

Whatever he''s up to, an apprentice should never question his master!.

And I wouldn''t dare.          

I think your a bit of a muppet if you can''t stand the pressure go and support a fairweather club like chelski or someone

I suppose you could do a better job than worthy well maybe inside your head perhaps

anyway rant over 

bye

KG

[quote]1st Wizard i think you are suffering from a well known fairweather football supporters decease (fickleitis) here is a post you wrote not that long a go: Worthy can spell cast magical powers, that yo...[/quote]