Sign in to follow this  
H4H

NCFC Goal of the season 2011/12

Was watching the goals of the season video on the NCFC website and you (well I do) forget how many good goals we scored last season….

So my 5 goals of the season from 2012/13 are:

5) Pilks vs QPR

4) Holt vs Wolves

3) Holt vs Man Utd

2) Benno vs Spurs

1) Holt vs Everton

This is a huge shout as I’m leaving out Pilks free kick against Villa and Holtys header at Anfield...

What’s your goal of the season 2011/12???

Also have Morison at the Emirates... another great away day goal

Its hard to choose.  If I''m choosing my favourite then it''s Holt scoring the equaliser in front of the Kop no doubt.  However if I have to choose one based on quality then its incredibly hard to choose but I will have to choose Surman at Wolves because I doubt there was a better team goal in all four divisions last season.

Holt''s goal against Everton at Goodison Park. How he rolled the ball into the corner of the net while surrounded by defenders and his back to goal, I have no idea. The look on their faces was priceless.

The goal I celebrated most was Holt''s equaliser against Man Utd. However, the team''s subsequent collapse rather spoiled that moment!

The goal I celebrated the most was Holts equaliser against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.... Went absolutely berzerk

3.) Holt v Everton (1-1 at Goodison) - very underatted goal, when talking to LFC and MUFC gloryhunters at work about this, they couldn''t appreiciate how good / hard this finish was. 2.) Moro v Arsenal (3-3 at Emirates) - Was in the pub for this one, I dont know what was better, the ball from Howson or the finish from Moro!1.) Benno v Spurs (2-1 at WH Lane) - I was at WH Lane for this one in the upper away tier. I thought it had missed at first because I was watching Friedel in goal, and he didn''t move lol - sublime finish [:D]

As you say some good goals last season,

1) Bennett v Spurs - pure strike and importantly I think this was when he realised he is good enough for the premier league

2) Surman v Wolves - One of the most entertaining games of the season with a great team goal.

3 Morro''s header v Burnley - power and placement it was in before he headed it!

Lets hope for many more.

Good thread - reminds us what a great season we had.

Surely number one has to be Bennett''s against Spurs?   Out of the blue and a top draw strike.

Closely followed by Holt''s versus Liverpool (the one I celebrated the most)  Holt''s against Everton and Holt''s against MU.

Morison hit some good strikes too.

Surman''s against Wolves was terrific.

Pilkington''s free kick.

What a season!!

Holt at Anfield for me.

Strange at the beginning of last season I was worried we would not sure enough, but scored lots of excellent goals.

I have the same fear this year - so hopefully the same happens.

Been some good goals this year, probably between surmans against Wolves and Bennos v Tottenham. Saying that, I loved Holts against Wolves with the little dink over the GK and then nodding it in.

Obviously the goal at Everton was quality work by Holt, but I agree with H4H that his goal at Chelsea was an amazing piece of work, too. Almost a bicycle kick, lobbed softly over the collapsed defender and keeper with Lampard (I think) trying his best to sweep it off the line before it  went in.

His Everton goal made the ESPN top plays of the day over here. This was stunning because they rarely include soccer at that time of year. I was on vacation at the time and had recorded the game to watch without knowing the outcome when we got home so figured watching Sportscenter was a safe bet. So if ESPN is going to show a soccer play from England, I still would have figured it was a safe bet to watch because they sure aren''t going to be showing a Norwich hilight. Whoops, but it was a good whoops.