Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Many people will not want to hear this

Wes Hoolahan is an outstanding player for us and whatever happens in the future has proved to be a fine servant to NCFC.  I wonder if some posters on here ever get to watch games? Wes is a positive game changer.

Describing attacking midfielders as luxury players is a small-minded mentality. Are two Bradley Johnson type players at CM and having no link up to the strikers a better option?

City are better with Wes than without him. Howson could take over the mantle but a City side without Wes and Holt will look a lot weaker IMO.

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]this is the interesting thing for me...if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they knowif its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?[/quote]The lad who posted the pic of the new kit had 100% genuine information...[/quote]and is a free man to this day... the club could do nothing... they called the police but it didn''t result in a court case etc.... e had honest and truthful information.My point is if someone came clean about something and who their source was, what do they have to lose if the event is going to happen?if its 100% nailed on then is there anything anyone can do legally? i don''t know the law but it would sure be entertaining following a case like this were it to happen...a club or individual could sue, but for what? telling the truth?say for example Bob the plumber is called in to do a job at Colney and catches wind of a definite transfer (Player at training ground contract signed) or that a player is being sold behind hughtons back.. he then tells someone who comes on here and says "Bob the plumber told me we are selling player X to man utd for 10 million.." and player X joins man utd for 10 million what can the club do? its a factual account of an event that turned out to happen... no lies, no slander, no defamation of character.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Rootin FerHooten"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]this is the interesting thing for me...if someone has 100% genuine information then they have nothing to fear, name their source and post what they knowif its 100% accurate then surely their will be no legal grounds or ridicule as the other party wouldnt have a leg to stand on?[/quote]The lad who posted the pic of the new kit had 100% genuine information...[/quote]and is a free man to this day... the club could do nothing... they called the police but it didn''t result in a court case etc.... e had honest and truthful information.My point is if someone came clean about something and who their source was, what do they have to lose if the event is going to happen?if its 100% nailed on then is there anything anyone can do legally? i don''t know the law but it would sure be entertaining following a case like this were it to happen...a club or individual could sue, but for what? telling the truth?say for example Bob the plumber is called in to do a job at Colney and catches wind of a definite transfer (Player at training ground contract signed) or that a player is being sold behind hughtons back.. he then tells someone who comes on here and says "Bob the plumber told me we are selling player X to man utd for 10 million.." and player X joins man utd for 10 million what can the club do? its a factual account of an event that turned out to happen... no lies, no slander, no defamation of character.[/quote]... no more work for Bob the Plumber...

[quote user="chicken"]

Pricey is just trying to wind people up by adding to the falsity of the original statement.

Jim - I think we just need to conceed that this forum is now full of youngsters of whom some like to make crud up. It is very, very, very rare that anyone has any genuine ''inside'' knowledge to share on here. Most of it is hearsay or just made up.

[/quote]No wind up Chicken, i was as surprised as anyone when my parents told me, especially as it coincided almost with what this OP had claimed and i had originally taken it as rubbish. Also what''s classified as a youngster, are you an OAP? i don''t consider being 22 that young anymore, i wish i was a bit younger, perhaps some of my hair would grow back!I can give a bit more info as i asked a few more questions today, is seems that no new contract has been offered to Wes. I assume Wes found this out very recently since the players sat down and spoke with McNally and the manager but i don''t know if the decision was made under lambert or under Hughton, i am also starting to wonder if we have a policy about contract offers for players over 30, first Holt and now Wes, and it seems as if Hughton hasn''t been involved in either deal (that''s just a guess).That is all that was said really, no info on whether or not a offer has come in for Wes, but i can understand if he wanted to leave, knowing his future does not lie with us, but i can''t imagine another prem club coming in for him, so he could either see out his contract (although that doesn''t conincide with the info about him looking to leave his current home). At least this is staying private, for the minute! i wouldn''t have posted what i had heard if it hadn''t already been posted earlier in the week.O also chicken, no one is claiming inside knowledge here, just passing on what has been said, i suggest you go treat yourself to an Ann Frank and calm down!